Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Austin Martial Arts Festival 2008

I think everything got mixed together because the turnout was small.

Was Sensei Lee that fat guy who hung around by the boat?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Was Sensei Lee that fat guy who hung around by the boat?
    Yes, that's him.

Quote Originally Posted by masherdong View Post
    Yes, that's him.
    That guy was a d!ck. I'm being honest.

He sat by his boat just bellowing out orders to people. He never once thanked anyone. He snapped at the kids who moved a little slow for his taste. And he kept plugging his boat and the upcoming boat show.

That guy is an instructor?!?! He was pushing 300 pounds!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That guy was a d!ck. I'm being honest.

He sat by his boat just bellowing out orders to people. He never once thanked anyone. He snapped at the kids who moved a little slow for his taste. And he kept plugging his boat and the upcoming boat show.

That guy is an instructor?!?! He was pushing 300 pounds!
    Yeah, he is a little arrogant. His son is pretty much the same way. What can I say, like father, like son.

Hard to believe, but yes he is an instructor. I saw him compete in forms in the late 80's and early 90's when he used to compete against my old instructor. He can move for a big guy and well too.

I just wish he would get off of his ego trip and come back down to earth with all of us.

Yeah, he is a little arrogant. His son is pretty much the same way. What can I say, like father, like son.
    Was his son wearing a blue gi and competed in the point sparring?

Was his son wearing a blue gi and competed in the point sparring?
    Yes. He also had white ear phones too.

Yes. He also had white ear phones too.
    He oozed arrogance. Like you said, it must run in the family.

He oozed arrogance. Like you said, it must run in the family.

Yes, I suppose so.