Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think

What do you guys think

about having a criminal training in your school's?

It depends on the crime. I wouldn't train with a rapist or child molester for example, but wouldn't care if I trained with a tax cheat.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I have had people with criminal records training in my school, but they typically didn't last.

These people typically had trouble with the discipline, humility, respect, focus, and other aspects of training that is required to do kung fu regularly.

i had a student who i found out down the road was on probation and was a level 1 sex offender. i asked him to Elva. he understood. nice guy but i can't have him around.

one of my older students he had a record for stuff he did 30 years ago, he was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

definatley depends on what makes them 'criminal'
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Talking Who cares?

If they know their stuff and are a good teacher, it shouldnt matter. You are there to learn from them, not to judge them on their past mistakes. Perhaps you wouldnt want to become a formal disciple but as a student you should be ok.

I would understand if they were a serial killer and you were afraid to take that risk but if there is no such risk then it really shouldnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ittokaos View Post
    If they know their stuff and are a good teacher, it shouldnt matter.
    I disagree. Sex offenders have a very high recidivism rate.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I disagree. Sex offenders have a very high recidivism rate.
    level 3's do. in mass there are 3 levels

1 they dont release the name cause they are low cause.

2 is semi, they release names.

3 will 99% strike again and names released.

but from a business point, they might be good and stuff. but you have to look out for the well being of the kids you have at the school. if you dont have any kids, you still have to watchout for the female and maybe male students.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

theres a guy at my gym who got out of prison after 8 years for manslaughter, it was murder but they couldnt pove it.

he hasnt harmed anyone tho, i dont really care

he broke my arm once tho, accidentally.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

they couldnt prove it was murder, and he accidentally broke your arm....once.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

My BJJ coach did 9 for manslaughter a long time ago. People can and do change and overcome their hardships and downfalls.

Judge lest ye be judged.

That said, I would not allow a child molestor or rapist in my club. In terms of petty thugs, actively engaged in mugging old ladies and all the rest of it would not be allowed either.
    A unique snowflake

how about if you know someone is involved in organized crime?

Gentlemen, I have a question.

Has any sifu you've ever known actually performed a background check on a specific student?

So far, I haven't performed a background check on anybody yet. The few times I've met guys with criminal records, they've told me. But for all I know, the people training with me right now could have horrible records and I don't know it.

How far should a professional martial arts go to ensure the safety of his class and the community?

prolly just check his record thats all if the people were involved in anything like decently bad i probably wouldn't teach them. Don't want like Charles Manson as your sparring partner or something lol

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    That said, I would not allow a child molestor or rapist in my club.

I have seen that a lot of you feel the same towards those that have done this but unless you are afraid of beign raped yourself or your child is constantly present, I really dont see the problem. I would understand if this was the person teaching your child but this discussion is about you if I am not mistaken.

While I may not like what they have done or are possibly currently doing, I wouldnt not train with them because of it. If they are good then i dont see the harm.