Page 172 of 194 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I will give you that, but there are also a lot fewer people going out to buy cars too and the cost of doing business because of higher fuel costs also = losing business and decreased profits because of higher operating costs.
    Because of the credit crunch there are fewer prospective buyers who can qualify. The high gas prices really only changed what cars some people bought. While SUV and truck sales did go down, hybrid and fuel-efficient car sales went up.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Because of the credit crunch there are fewer prospective buyers who can qualify. The high gas prices really only changed what cars some people bought. While SUV and truck sales did go down, hybrid and fuel-efficient car sales went up.
    And companies that had fuel as, for example, 10% of their operating costs, had their profits cut when fuel doubled in price, for example.

To say that the soaring gas prices didn't effect the economy is, well, wrong.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

First of all your data is nowhere near enough to complete to confirm that trickle down theory was at work. Secondly it does not address the fact that the USA was not anywhere NEAR as involved in multilateral trade agreements in the 1980s. The advent of free trade agreements changed everything!

SR: 1bad65 is systemically wrong. The fact he denies the impact of fuel price on the economy is simply further proof of this.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    To say that the soaring gas prices didn't effect the economy is, well, wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    SR: 1bad65 is systemically wrong. The fact he denies the impact of fuel price on the economy is simply further proof of this.
    I never said the high gas prices had NO effect. I said the main problem we have right now is the 'credit crunch', ie the tightening of credit. And now gas prices are even lower than in the last few years, no one can argue with that.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

First of all your data is nowhere near enough to complete to confirm that trickle down theory was at work. Secondly it does not address the fact that the USA was not anywhere NEAR as involved in multilateral trade agreements in the 1980s. The advent of free trade agreements changed everything!
    Yeah, millions of people is not enough data. Give me a break.

I do admit that NAFTA is not a good idea. I am against that as well.

The bar gets lowered AGAIN

First it was $200k/yr. Then it was $150k. Now it's down to $120k!

"For the second time in a week, a prominent Democrat has downgraded Barack Obama's definition of the middle class -- leading Republicans to question whether he'll stick to his promise not to raise taxes on anyone making under $250,000.

The latest hiccup in the campaign message came Friday morning on KOA-AM, when New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson pegged the middle class as those making $120,000 and under."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...-class-making/

Down and down the bar goes, and where it stops only Obama knows! At this rate he is gonna have to start taxing people below the poverty line!

I wasn't going to post on this thread...

...but I just cannot resist these:
    Lee votes Obama

Ninjas urge to vote, cover key issues
    MAY ADVINCULA
    Issue date: 10/29/08 Section: News

An Asian-American group dressed as ninjas encouraged individuals to vote Tuesday.

A dozen ninjas **************dressed in black snuck into Tate Plaza on Tuesday on a mission - to give flyers about voting to as many people as possible in 15 minutes.

This overt operation, coordinated by Sean Cuevo, co-president of the Filipino-American Student Association, was carried out by members of various Asian-oriented organizations to promote an upcoming seminar, "Don't Vote - You Don't Matter."

Cuevo approached the Asian-American Student Association with the ninja-flyering idea because he said he felt the organization was the best channel to use for promotion.

Because ninjas are perceived as "unseen and unheard" Cuevo used this analogy to apply to the misconceptions of the Asian-American voting population.

"We are targeting Asians, but Asian-Americans aren't going to be the only ones who are going to see us today," Cuevo said.

Through the ninja flyering event, Cuevo said he hoped to convey the message that all students should not be "unseen and unheard" in the upcoming presidential election.

"The underlying theme [of the flyering] is that all votes count," he said.

Meghan Flynn, co-president of the Filipino-American Student Association, along with Cuevo, volunteered as a ninja for the event promotion.

"I want our Asian-American community to unite and have our voice heard in this election," she said.

Debbie Ebalobo, president of the Asian-American Student Association, said the group will discuss five important political issues during the seminar, including immigration, the economy and the youth vote.

The seminar will be held tonight at 7:30 in the Tate reception hall.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

So what about the impact of multilateral trade agreements on the veracity of trickle-down theory (notwithstanding it's efficacy or lack thereof prior to the advent of widespread multilateral trade agreements) anyway? You've been very silent. No random statistics culled from conservative think-tanks to cite?

Gene: ROTFLMFAO
    Last edited by SimonM; 10-31-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

So what about the impact of multilateral trade agreements on the veracity of trickle-down theory (notwithstanding it's efficacy or lack thereof prior to the advent of widespread multilateral trade agreements) anyway? You've been very silent.
    You're the one making claims about it. How about you present some facts and figures.

No random statistics culled from conservative think-tanks to cite?
    So, the Bureau of the Census is a conservative thinktank now???

Don't go produce shopping with 1bad

First it was $200k/yr. Then it was $150k. Now it's down to $120k!

"For the second time in a week, a prominent Democrat has downgraded Barack Obama's definition of the middle class -- leading Republicans to question whether he'll stick to his promise not to raise taxes on anyone making under $250,000.

The latest hiccup in the campaign message came Friday morning on KOA-AM, when New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson pegged the middle class as those making $120,000 and under."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...-class-making/

Down and down the bar goes, and where it stops only Obama knows! At this rate he is gonna have to start taxing people below the poverty line!
    They brought this up on CNN the other day.... Not that hard to understand really....

Obama said anyone making under $250,000 will NOT see any tax increase
    Anyone making under $140,000 ( i think this is the right number - could be wrong) will get a TAX CREDIT

So, you see - $140,000 ( if my number is correct) to $250,000 equals NO TAX INCREASE

Less than $140,00 ( again, if my numbers are correct) equals NOT ONLY NO TAX INCREASE BUT A TAX CREDIT

Again, you are mixing apples and oranges

-David

ps - anyone catch the McCain blunder calling out "Joe the Plumber" when he wasn't there? Looking around - "Joe? ... Where are you? No Joe? Well, you are ALL Joe the Plumber!"
    oops... did someone forget to tell him Joe was a no-show?
    Last edited by CLFLPstudent; 10-31-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    ps - anyone catch the McCain blunder calling out "Joe the Plumber" when he wasn't there? Looking around - "Joe? ... Where are you? No Joe? Well, you are ALL Joe the Plumber!"
    oops... did someone forget to tell him Joe was a no-show?
    LOL, yeah, sure sounds like presidential material.

You see, that's the other thing... even if you think Obama's as slippery as a bag of snakes and crooked as a nine-dollar bill, at least he's shrewd and still in possession of his marbles. Oh, and not bending over in every direction to change his policies to fit all of the nuts in his party.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

So that covers the second sentence of this post...
    In every one of those links the 'facts' are disputed and are ripe with 'allegations'. In your 3rd link the area bombed may not even be in Pakistan!
    What about the first, which presumably includes this:
    Yesterday, the New York Times reported that the US military had abandoned the use of helicopter-carried commando raids across the border into Pakistan.

The decision followed a raid on September 3 in which more than 20 people, some of them civilians, were killed, sparking a furious response from the Pakistani government.

US commanders have instead increased the frequency of missile strikes. There have been at least 18 such attacks since the start of August compared with five during the rest of 2008, the New York Times said.
    Which means, like I said, you expect us to believe you over the NY Times, right? There are some other sources who reference unauthorized statements from the US military... suppose you don't believe them either: like the military is going to release a general press statement admitting that they've been regularly bombing a sovereign democracy (and at least nominal ally) for the last 6 years at least.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    LOL, yeah, sure sounds like presidential material.

You see, that's the other thing... even if you think Obama's as slippery as a bag of snakes and crooked as a nine-dollar bill, at least he's shrewd and still in possession of his marbles. Oh, and not bending over in every direction to change his policies to fit all of the nuts in his party.
    I'll give him a "pass" on that one.....My guess is he was told by one of his stupid aides that JP was out there!

However what I find unpresidential is how much he is depending on this one guy to pull his campaign out of the toliet......"Joe is my personal hero" , "I'm carrying Joe to Washington with me."

From what I can tell the McCain people are learning real fast that Joe is better if he is seen and not heard. I've watched that clip of him talking with Obama and I still don't have a clue as to what question he was asking. All I know is it had something to do with being taxed on buying a business????? OR was he saying that once he buys his business he would make 250K a year?

Either way from what I now understand the man did not have the money to buy any business so what was he asking Obama about.....Of course now I'm sure he will be able to find plenty of Neo investors for his "plumbing" business......That is if he is not a congressman or a country music star!

Enjoy it while you can Joe...You have about 3 more days!
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 10-31-2008 at 09:44 PM.

New Neo talking point: Scandal!!!!!!!!! Obama kicks conservative journalists OFF of his airplane!

I don't know. If someone is calling me a Marxist and implying that I am the spawn of Satan I don't believe I would want them on my plane either.

I say I hope the Neos make a hugh deal of this three days before the election. It will be their last hurrah!

That's the number of children murdered in the womb every year. Even if you support early abortion, I know of no person who can call themselves human support late-term abortion. This is where the baby is burned alive in the womb with solution for hours - the mother feels it kicking and struggling to survive - until she is brought to a toilet-like device to drop it out. If the child is still alive, it is strangled.

New techniques widely applauded by these Nazis include drilling out the brains as the head crowns,

Barack Obama has argued against laws to protect these children, and argued in favor of late-term abortions. Before you double-speak on this - know that he has vowed to sign a federal law the minute he gets into office that would legalize late-term abortion in all states and provide government funding.

Now you may agree with him, you may not want to 'be punished with a baby' - but maybe that baby has another opinion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anieuWFWe8s

Frankly, all this other stuff pales in the face of the inhumanity of those that support this evil.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!