Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Westlake, the upper-class area where I live
    I don't live in Westlake
    Which is it?

You sound like McCain.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Looks like Mr Nostradamus was wrong AGAIN:

"Dow Plunges 400 as Investors Shift Focus to Economy

A case of post-election nerves sent stocks lower Wednesday as investors worried about recession began questioning what impact a Barack Obama presidency will have on business and the overall economy."

http://finance.yahoo.com/
    The losses in Europe and the U.S. follow surges Tuesday in anticipation of an Obama victory. The Dow in fact enjoyed its best election day rally since 1984.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081105/world_markets.html
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

OT: Look at it This Way

www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

while funny, it did say that only 1 other person applied for the job when in fact 5 other people beside Obama were running for president and what's worse is that most of the country if not the world was wholly unaware that there were 6, yes 6, candidates for potus this year.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

Anywhoo, my insurance is taken out pre-tax since I work and toil for the largest energy services company on the planet. But, you get to deduct money paid for insurance off your income when you file your returns. It evens out in the end.
    For me, NO. I am my own employer so I pay taxes on the payroll and benefits I pay myself. So like I said, I pay out $2000 a month to the insurance then I get to pay the gov't $300 in taxes on that. It isn't like I took $2000 per month to buy a car or take a vacation, I insure myself and my family. Yet I pay INCOME TAXES on stuff that really isnt' income
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Which is it?

You sound like McCain.
    My bad. Westlake is the upper-class area in the METROPOLITAN area where I live. I live in South Austin, fyi.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

The losses in Europe and the U.S. follow surges Tuesday in anticipation of an Obama victory. The Dow in fact enjoyed its best election day rally since 1984.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081105/world_markets.html
    Spin it how you want. I said the market would close down today if Obama won. Nostradamus over there said it would close up today if Obama won.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I feel bad for you

Man Ross, I didn't know you are a small business owner. You're gonna have it rough the next few years. I wish you the best of luck.

What about the greed of those who wanted more than they could afford?
    Still haven't seen anything indicating that the only one's who wanted more than they could afford were all "poor."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Still haven't seen anything indicating that the only one's who wanted more than they could afford were all "poor."
    Where did I say 'all'?

While I admit every area has foreclosures, I'm confident that as the cost of certain areas go down, the number of foreclosures go up.

Keep in mind, people with good credit, downpayments, and good jobs didn't have to resort to these stupid ARMs, so their payments are fixed and thus there will be less foreclosures among those people compared to the ones who got ARMs.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    The poor cannot start businessees, because they are POOR!!!!! That don't have the money to get a business going.

Also, the *POOR* do not pay taxes now, and they have not done much to start businesses so far.

Rich people on the other hand, start businesses, provide jobs, and benefits to EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO IS EMPLOYED IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!

NO POOR PERSON HAS EVER DONE THIS!!!!

The rich are over taxed, and over regulated as it is. They need relife so they can survive. If they don't survive, no one else will either.
    As funny as this is I thought of a good one:
    Criminals are often from the poor segment of society, because Wall Street and Washington criminals are rarely punished, and they give much back to society. Think of all the poor criminals that have kept the police, lawyers, judges, jail guards, and the jails themselves with jobs!
    A unique snowflake

I'm confident that as the cost of certain areas go down, the number of foreclosures go up.
    Confident? Confident doesn't cut it. Show me cold hard fact that poor people are responsible for most foreclosures.

In any case it's not the fault of the working man for wanting to make a better life for his family. I'd be willing to bet the percentage of forclosure for people making under 35K a year are not that much higher than people making much more.

In any case finger point all you like. I've noticed the Neos are good at that however when it comes to solutions they suddenly get very quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    In any case finger point all you like. I've noticed the Neos are good at that however when it comes to solutions they suddenly get very quiet!
    Yeah, Reagan never really offered any solutions. He just blamed the malaise of the American people for the problems we were facing.

David,
    Down here in the U.S, we have this thing known as humor. It generally is not held to the same high journalistic standards the servants of the crown would expect from 'real' news...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Once again I back up my statements with facts

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Confident? Confident doesn't cut it. Show me cold hard fact that poor people are responsible for most foreclosures.
    Here ya go!

"A Look at Foreclosure Filings in Cuyahoga County

Northeast Ohio’s Cuyahoga County, home to the city of Cleveland, has been called the epicenter of the nation’s foreclosure crisis. While effects of the crisis are being felt in regions across the country, Cuyahoga County has consistently been listed at or near the top of areas hit hardest by foreclosure. Why?"

From Table 2: Characteristics of Tracts by Foreclosure Filing Rates, 2007:

Median Household Income - $56,753 - Foreclosure Rate - 1.3%
    Median Household Income - $42,495 - Foreclosure Rate - 3.1%
    Median Household Income - $33,346 - Foreclosure Rate - 7.1%
    Median Household Income - $21,592 - Foreclosure Rate - 18.8%

http://www.clevelandfed.org/Our_Regi...N_20080929.cfm
    Last edited by 1bad65; 11-05-2008 at 04:23 PM.