Page 1 of 194 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

*does happy dance*

Best decision he could have made.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Yaaaaaaaaaaay, McCain wins!!!

Best decision he could have made... for the Republicans.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I wonder if he will be Obama's puppeteer once (If) they win? We might have the first presidency where the office is run by the Vice.

Rogue, you would have said that no matter who he picked.

Tell you what...the republicans are clearly on the threshold of a major change. The alliance of Fiscal, Moral, Paleo and now Neo-Conservatives that has existed since they kicked out all the Rockerfeller repubs out is fracturing.

So I'll see what comes out of it. And if it doesn't suck, I might even vote for it.

Until then, their platform and politicians get short shrift from me.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

i was still hoping obama was going to pick me.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Rogue, you would have said that no matter who he picked.
    Not this time, I was concerned with who he picked as a running mate because it would make McCain's choice harder and Biden actually makes it easier. With Old Joe as the pick McCain can pick a woman without looking like he's doing a "me too".

Biden also suffers from foot in mouth disease so the chance of some self destruction is always pretty good.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to the Dems as they also seem to have some fracturing in their base and fringe.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Bidden has HUGE foot and mouth disease.

Anyone remember him acting like a total ******* to the guy with the rifle at the Democratic debate. It became a big deal on youtube.

That is a spitting Irishman who hates the 2nd.

McCain for the win. It's getting better and better. A whole new world for my party may be on the horizon.

The man who can't say the word 'change' enough picked one the biggest career politician, Washington insider types around.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I wonder if he will be Obama's puppeteer once (If) they win? We might have the first presidency where the office is run by the Vice.
    Er, huh? Is this a joke and I missed it? Must be...

-David

"A whole new world for my party may be on the horizon."

I agree.... 8 years of White House exile.

In all seriousness though, I'm a bit disappointed in the responses here. Incredibly partisan. I fail to understand how, EVEN if you are against Obama, you could think Biden was not the best choice for him and his campaign in terms of both winning and governing.

He brings quite a bit of balance to the ticket, experience, FP expertise, etc. Does he have a loud mouth? Yup. But that will allow him to be the attack dog, and he's a **** good one. He looks and appears at his best when he has his hackles up, unlike BOTH McCain and Obama, who both appear grumpy and sullen when they are challenged. To top it off, he's a blue-collar democrat who can appeal to the working middle class in this country, where Obama comes off as "not one of them." That's a weakness for him, and Biden will/can go a long way towards shoring that up.

Further, he's a known quantity. There aren't going to be any surprises, and that's absolutely key. Whatever Biden is, (loudmouthed, cantakerous, clever...) he is in public, in the light of day.

Of course, watch that last statement be blown out of the water after an FBI release revealing that Biden was involved in a Shetland pony sex scandal or something...

In all seriousness though, I'm a bit disappointed in the responses here. Incredibly partisan. I fail to understand how, EVEN if you are against Obama, you could think Biden was not the best choice for him and his campaign in terms of both winning and governing.
    Biden on Obama:
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy... I mean, that's a storybook, man."

"The more people learn about them (Obama and Hillary) and how they handle the pressure, the more their support will evaporate."

Biden speaking to Indian-Americans:
    "I've had a great relationship [with East Indians in America]. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans - moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

Biden on McCain:
    "The only guy on the other side who's qualified is John McCain."

"I've been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain and others subsequent to my saying that."

Biden on Iraq:

"Sen. Obama said he would do everything possible to end the war in Iraq and emphasized the need for a political solution yet he failed to show up to vote for Sen. Biden's critical amendment to provide a political solution in Iraq.

"Well, the point is, it turned out they didn't, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued - they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued."

And you wonder why Rush Limbaugh was hoping and praying Obama would choose Biden.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    Er, huh? Is this a joke and I missed it? Must be...

-David
    reply]
    Not a joke, just tossing one of my obscour perspectives out there. Here is my thinking;

Obama has no practical experience what so ever, and is clearly not qualified for the job. His ideas are those of a kid who think they have all the answers, but in reality the answers they have are not for questions beyond thier levels and would never work on a national, or world scale.

Unless Obama is Scripted, or teleprompted, he cannot give decisive answers. Rush Limbaugh's 7-1/2 studdering montage taken from a 40 minute speech clearly illuminates this.

In short, he's an actor playing the part someone else scripted for him.

Now, since Biden is a career politician, Obama is going to be really leaning on him to fill the many holes in his resume. Due to his own lack of experience, it stands to reason the Biden will be calling the shots, and Obama will just be his mouth piece.

No matter what, Obama is a puppet of someone else in the Democrat party. With Biden as VP, he will be the puppeteer.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 08-23-2008 at 11:49 AM.

HA!!!!

I was just listening to the announcement speach, EVEN OBAMA just accidentally called him the next President!!!

I am right, Biden is running the show already!!!

I prefer someone with executive experience, something the O/B ticket doesn't have.

He brings quite a bit of balance to the ticket, experience, FP expertise, etc. Does he have a loud mouth? Yup. But that will allow him to be the attack dog, and he's a **** good one. He looks and appears at his best when he has his hackles up, unlike BOTH McCain and Obama, who both appear grumpy and sullen when they are challenged. To top it off, he's a blue-collar democrat who can appeal to the working middle class in this country, where Obama comes off as "not one of them." That's a weakness for him, and Biden will/can go a long way towards shoring that up.
    When was the last time Biden was a member of the working blue collar middle class? What you see as Biden shining many others see another pol who thinks he's better than everybody else.

Further, he's a known quantity. There aren't going to be any surprises, and that's absolutely key. Whatever Biden is, (loudmouthed, cantakerous, clever...) he is in public, in the light of day.

Of course, watch that last statement be blown out of the water after an FBI release revealing that Biden was involved in a Shetland pony sex scandal or something...
    Now that would be cool.

BTW, If Obama wins, it's four and then out on his ear.

DM

Supposedly Biden is only worth between 100,00 - 150,000. Dude better call Suze Orman.

DM