Page 21 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Reagan and Bush both spent buckets more than any democrat, then they get rotated out, leaving the next administration with all the bills.
    They both had Democratic controlled Congresses.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

WOW!! This is the break the Dems need

To Solidify the next 4 years. Get ready for Obama/Biden 09.

I know all the Repubs are just going apesh!t over this,but it is going to be very short lived. Lets see how well this "Creationist" governing Alaska does in the debates. Alaskans are about as out of touch with the lower 48 as they are in their own State. Alaska has got some really pretty country and wonderful wilderness and wildlife, and i am just sure that McCain's choice isnt just about her "conservatism" and "values". If they get in office, get ready for the wonder rape @ss fuk of the environment in Alaska. DRILL DRILL DRILL, MORE MORE MORE.

Furthermore, her "experience" is way LESS than Obamas. She may be articulate and know how many houses she owns,yet another reason why McCain chose her. She will actually be awake for that call at 3am

If McCain were really Smart he would have chosen Condoleeza Rice as his VP or Duncan Hunter.

So, uhhh McCain is like 72 now?

Here we go,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Jack,
    How can you have the complete story when there's still an investigation going on? Or do you know more than everyone up in Alaska?
    Honestly I was just pointing out another part of the story, it's not a cover up, her office has not hidden anything and is completely open to inquiry, I should of used different words if you were planning on playing the nit picky game, I am pretty good at the game too.

Either way you look at it, this is a historic election, very interesting and going to be fun to watch.

MK,

So you are saying just because she believes in creationism you won't vote for her, no matter how impressive she is, I don't believe in creationism either but that would not stop me from looking at the whole picture.

BTW-she has NEVER stated that creationism should become part of the public curriculum.

Lets see how well this "Creationist" governing Alaska does in the debates.
    Actually, I would wager, very, very well. She is a smart and outspoken woman pushing reform and her history seems to say she really means it.

Alaskans are about as out of touch with the lower 48 as they are in their own State
    This statement has zero factual merit.

If they get in office, get ready for the wonder rape @ss fuk of the environment in Alaska. DRILL DRILL DRILL, MORE MORE MOR
    Get real. Drilling in Anwar is not raping anything.

Furthermore, her "experience" is way LESS than Obamas.
    She actually has a list of accomplishments and executive experience. What has Obama done again.....?

She may be articulate and know how many houses she owns,
    If that is all you got your doomed. He does not own any. His wife does.

So, uhhh McCain is like 72 now?
    This is the part I am going to tag you for bull****, this is the same crowd that thinks spastic and rickety old men can send chi out into the world and still kick a$$, yet someone with REAL WORLD knowledge gets dissed on because he has had the wonderful benefit of growing old......mature.

In other cultures getting older means gaining wisdom.

Oh......by the way, what do you see her doing in this picture, that Obama has yet to do and avoided like the plaque in Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:S..._Germany_4.jpg
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 08-29-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    MK,

So you are saying just because she believes in creationism you won't vote for her, no matter how impressive she is, I don't believe in creationism either but that would not stop me from looking at the whole picture.

BTW-she has NEVER stated that creationism should become part of the public curriculum.
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. Believing in creationism is about as reasonable as believing in Astrology.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 08-30-2008 at 06:46 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

BlackJack II,

Oh......by the way, what do you see her doing in this picture, that Obama has yet to do and avoided like the plaque in Germany.
    Seriously? You're better than this. I am genuinely disappointed.

Obama has visited wounded troops at Walter Reed and in Baghdad, thanks. This isn't about my support for Obama. It's about the facts. I was just as irritated when Obama referenced McCain saying that the middle class was "those making less than $5 million a year," when it was clear McCain was making a joke.

Grow up people, and if you support somebody or dislike/disagree with somebody, do it over something real; don't just be a regurgitator of "memetically transmitted diseases." (quotation from stupidfilter.org)

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ed_troops.html
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Just as expected, once McCain made his choice the press and the Democrats are yelling "He's desperate" "Hail Mary pass" "he is gonna lose in a landslide" etc.

They conveniently forgot that coming out of the primaries Obama had a decent lead in the polls and right now according to the same polls it's a dead heat.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

We will see ,Ibad65

The debates have not happened yet. I think alot is going to ride on these debates. We will get to see how Palin Stands up to Biden and how Obama stands up to McCain. It will be interesting indeed. But hey i have chosen my side and i am staying with it. Until its over. Good luck!!

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Hello all, I'm jumping into this one late and going back a few pages......

Not all of the misery under Carter can be directly attributed to him.

Then Federal Reserve chairman Voelker (sp?) and his monetarist policy certainly didn't do anything to cure stagflation (that actually began under Nixon).

The whole supply side thing doesn't work under every circumstance, not that I'm opposed to tax cuts in all situations.

I do believe there is a HUGE problem with the budget defacit that needs to be solved. Cutting taxes alone will not solve this problem.

Cutting taxes for corporations (to almost nill) that keep (or move) jobs here to the States is one way to increase employment and revenue from payroll taxes. Auctioning off emissions liscenses would be a way to generate government revenue, controlling pollution, and encourage businesses to take better care of the environment (not to mention revenue from fines for enforcement).

If the above increases revenue and spending in Iraq slows, the government should spend money to improve our infrastructure. Bidding out contracts to private firms to update and expand our infrastructure (High speed trains, telecommunications, highways, defense, etc.) creates jobs, keeps us competative in the 21st century and will improve the private construction sector (and help to ease the blow of the housing crisis).

These are just some things I'd like to see happen, but they probably will never happen!
    Bless you

Danielle Quayle. LOL.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    The debates have not happened yet. I think alot is going to ride on these debates. We will get to see how Palin Stands up to Biden and how Obama stands up to McCain. It will be interesting indeed.
    If the Saddleback Church 'Civil Forum' is any indication, Obama is in big trouble at the debates. When Obama can't read prewritten speeches or a TelePrompTer, he appears lost and stammers alot. I don't think he won a single debate with Hillary and she is not known as a stong debater.

Palin should do just fine in the VP debates. She managed to beat the sitting GOP Governor in the primary and her Democratic opponent in the election for Governor despite being outspent. And don't forget, Biden is the one famous for his foot-in-mouth disease, not Palin.

One more thing, if McCain can press Obama to be specific, it will be interesting. His speeches are littered with "Hope" "Change" and "I'm not George Bush" but short on specifics. About the only things we can be certain of is he voted against every tax cut and for every pro-abortion bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Honestly I was just pointing out another part of the story, it's not a cover up, her office has not hidden anything and is completely open to inquiry, I should of used different words if you were planning on playing the nit picky game, I am pretty good at the game too.
    No game, Bro. Just trying to point out all the facts. Truthfully, the abuse thing is in dispute here. I've also heard that this was over a simpe custody dispute. Truth is, neither you nor I know at this point in the game what actually went down. I generally feel it's good to withhold judgement, good or bad, until all the facts are made clear. You, of course, are free to disagree with me on any or all parts.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

pulled from the web:

When Palin fired Monegan, her office gave no reason for her decision. As the Commissioner serves at the discretion of the Governor, no reason is needed. In an effort to save his job and get back at the person who fired him, Monegan claimed that he was fired because he would not fire an Alaskan State Trooper, Michael Wooten, who was going through a messy divorce with Palin's sister. Recently, the Associated Press ran an article about some tapes that surfaced regarding phone calls made by some of Palin's staff worried about Wooten - and worried about the safety of the Palin family:

JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin on Wednesday said at least two dozens calls were made from her staff members to Department of Public Safety officials questioning the employment of a trooper who went through a messy divorce with Palin's sister.

But Palin maintained none was done at her direction, a claim backed up by one administration member caught on tape.

...The Palins have accused Wooten of drunken driving, illegal hunting and firing a Taser at his 11-year-old stepson, Palin's nephew. These allegations led to an internal investigation, which occurred before she ran for governor.

Todd Palin has said the family was concerned about the governor's safety, claiming Wooten threatened to kill Sarah Palin's father and made vague threats to her. Todd Palin has said he took concerns about Wooten directly to Monegan.

So, the tapes seem to prove that Governor Palin was unaware that anyone from her office was aware of this, which should take care of questions about Palin's possible complicity. But we should go past that, and look at the facts of the entire situation. Even if this investigation shows that someone in Palin's office did pressure the Public Safety Commissioner to fire Wooten, this is a fight that we should relish having with the white male hierarchy of the Democratic Party and the drive-by media. Let's get all of the dirt about Wooten out in the open. Show that the police union and the Commissioner were protecting him, and then ask why? What would any American do, if faced with the same situation - an overt threat to their family?

Over the years, many of the allegations against Wooten - including the fact that he Tasered Palin's sister's 10 year old son and threatened the life of Palin's father - have turned out to be true:

Grimes suspended Wooten for 10 days. He also was punished for illegally shooting a moose and using a Taser on his 10-year-old stepson. The trooper admitted to using the Taser on his stepson in a "training capacity" and said he shot a moose on his wife's tag, but didn't think the act was illegal.

...Wall's investigation did find that Wooten threatened Palin's sister, Molly McCann, with shooting her father if he hired a lawyer to represent her. Wooten denied making the statement, but Palin, McCann and Palin's son all confirmed that he did.

Wall said the act wasn't a crime because Palin's father was not present when Wooten made the statement.

Who the heck uses a Taser on a 10 year old kid!? It appears as if Wooten's gotten off scott-free so far, and it's those that are protecting him that should be ashamed. And once the facts of the entire situation come out, the voters will largely agree. I can't wait until Keith Olbermann attempts to use this!
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

So how stupid is Biden?

If he brings up this trooper stuff, she can ask him about his sweetheart Countrywide mortgage he failed to disclose to the Senate.

Palin has a little problem with integrity. Her promise of a transparent government sounded good and she seemed to be living up to her own ideals until she got caught doing a couple of things that might be seen as unethical. Her immediate response was to lie. She thought she could save her reputation by a cover-up. I was pleased with her until then. I'm afraid Palin's ambition is stronger than her virtue.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Or the sweetheart government deals he gave Tony Rezko and others in exchange for campaign contributions.

Obama is part of the Chicago Machine. Change? Hope? He'll make W look like one of the best presidents ever...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!