Page 189 of 194 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    It shows they were stupid.

How many bankers have been charged with extortion? Were guns held to these people's heads? Were their loved ones taken hostage unless they signed up for ARMs?

They ALLOWED it to happen. Someone pitched them a very stupid idea and they signed up for it on their own free will. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it.
    It shows that they are ignorant. It shows that they are financially illiterate like 98% of the country. It shows that sales people pushed a bad product that was designed to fail- that in-itself shows a serious lack of ethics. It shows that the system failed to safeguard against ignorance and preditory lending practices.

If people had followed what 'my God' says about ****sexuality, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place.
    Your god says nothing as he is a figment of your imagination.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Your god says nothing as he is a figment of your imagination.
    You go ahead and think that.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

If people had followed what 'my God' says about ****sexuality, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place.
    Your god practices incest with his own daughter. Mary - virgin birth. God f@cks Mary. Jesus is product of Father/Daughter incest. I don't think he has room to judge.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    It shows that they are ignorant. It shows that they are financially illiterate like 98% of the country. It shows that sales people pushed a bad product that was designed to fail- that in-itself shows a serious lack of ethics. It shows that the system failed to safeguard against ignorance and preditory lending practices.
    Your close, but you need to look at the hearings that took place around 2006 to complete the rest of the story.

See, the Government guaranteed those loans. The problem was that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were cooking the books. So until the **** hit the fan, no one knew there was not enough money to cover all the defaulted loans as there should have been. And at those hearings you will see DEMOCRATS, not bankers, blocking all attempts to open those books before the bubble burst.

Keep in mind it's the Democrats who demand these 'evil rich CEOs' who cooked the books of PRIVATE companies do serious prison time, yet those running the non-private companies of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are not even being charged!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Your god practices incest with his own daughter. Mary - virgin birth. God f@cks Mary. Jesus is product of Father/Daughter incest. I don't think he has room to judge.
    I really feel sorry for you. The Bible does not speak of Mary having sex with anyone, she was a virgin at the time Jesus was conceived. Nor does it say Mary was God's daughter.

I really feel sorry for you. The Bible does not speak of Mary having sex with anyone, she was a virgin at the time Jesus was conceived. Nor does it say Mary was God's daughter.
    Seriously all- God's about relationships- don't let religion misrepresent the true meaning of what God is and wants from everybody.

What Christ taught is closer to Taoism than what they teach in Sunday School.

Again, it takes 2 to tango

It's not a hard concept to grasp; It takes someone offering a bad deal AND someone stupid enough to accept it for the problem to arise.

Say you want a new Dodge Challenger SRT8. A slick car. You really want it. Say the MSRP is ~42k. Now you go to a dealer and he offers you your dream car for 50k at 20% APR. Though you may want the car, and the dealer offered you a horrible deal, you are free at any time to walk out and say 'NO'.

post# 27 - Actually the poor people who had no business buying houses they could not pay for are the root cause of our current economic trouble and this $700 billion bailout.
    post 83 - Do you have ANY other data to prove my original statement (that more poor people were foreclosed on than rich ones) wrong?
    That wasn't your original statement, that is what you morphed it to after enough people started posting actual proof you were fill of bleep.

That is my point. Ok, I see you agree. I posted this because Becca wanted 'cold hard facts'.
    Just as I posted proof that Hollywood has a high rate of forclosures after you asked if I'd ever heard of forclosuers there in reference to the 'rich" not being foreclosed on because they had the money to pay thier morgages..... And as stated, you have pegged one couty in a big state, with is indicative one one county of a big state.
    Last edited by Becca; 11-06-2008 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

It's not a hard concept to grasp; It takes someone offering a bad deal AND someone stupid enough to accept it for the problem to arise.

Say you want a new Dodge Challenger SRT8. A slick car. You really want it. Say the MSRP is ~42k. Now you go to a dealer and he offers you your dream car for 50k at 20% APR. Though you may want the car, and the dealer offered you a horrible deal, you are free at any time to walk out and say 'NO'.
    It does--- that's been my point all along- See I'm not a Democrat- I'm a true independent- but- my point is that we have a system that's FUBARed. It's FUBARed because it's built on greed and an economy that hasn't matured to become a sustainable economy. It's still an expansionistic economy and there are real forces and interests that want to see it stay that way. Unfortunately- that system is based on a core belief of limited resources and social darwinism. All of this is false and should be false for us at our point in evolution. But- those at the top really believe in limited resources and are forcing us to retain that system because it ensures that they stay in power. We've outgrown that years ago as technology progressed- but were stuck... it won't change and we're doomed 'cuz you all believe the Lie.

there is no evidence to support causality of HIV or aids through ****sexuality.

To get back on point though. The democrats deserve their fair share which really should be most, of the blame for the home loan/credit crisis. Tapes from House precedings are indicative of the pressures that Pelosi and others placed on the industry to promote the lending practices that lead to the bust. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac became the main vehicles of these subprime, ARM and reverse mortgages, and masked what would have been a more visible risk with inflated asset values and assessments by "generally accepted" accounting practices.

Repubs and the current admin take a share of the blame by ignoring the warnings from staunch conservatives that were alarmed by the insane rise in home values and prices and even if unaware of what the outcome would be that we see today, advised a more indepth analysis of the market reports and breakdowns of asset types and sales that may have exposed the problem before it ruined the economy.

Lenders deserve their share of the blame, if by nothing else, for simple moral and logical reasons of having the knowledge and exposure of income-to-debt ratios of applicants that they knew were possible and likely to default. The pressure and greed to make a dollar resided over common decency of telling applicants that they really should not consider buying a home that they will lose within 2-4 yrs.

Buyers take a share of the blame for not understanding the loans they were entering into and hoping that when their ARM or rate by the new asset owner kicked in that it would be lower than the initial rate they bought in at.

MK - I think you may be way out of your depth on this analogy. There are a number of profound metaphors in Christianity that are used to give context to a 'mystery' or something that not understandable by humans.

For example - the church is often referred to as the 'bride' and Christ as the 'Groom' - but that does NOT imply sexual relations.

Only those without enough interest in digging into the subject, and perhaps a chip on their shoulder might imply such nonsense. I'm always amazed at the hate and invective aimed at Christianity, which while no group of people are perfect, as a way of thought it has had profound positive effects on human development.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

brither number 9 slams the correct down

As far as the ****sexual / aids connection - it probably started with bushmeat. But the growth of it in the West is largely due to the behaviors in the gay community - promiscuous, unprotected sex combined with acts that put the biggest concentration of the virus into another person.

So yeah, there is a connection. But in other parts of the world the hetero population has it just as bad,
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

I've always wondered about that...I was always told that Mary and Joseph were married..........Hmmmmm......and she was a virgin? Was Joe swinging on the other side of the sheets!

Also, I've read at the time I've read that Mary was only 12-13 years old......God likes them a little young, eh? If I even get close to a girl that young I go to the Hoose Gow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    As far as the ****sexual / aids connection - it probably started with bushmeat. But the growth of it in the West is largely due to the behaviors in the gay community - promiscuous, unprotected sex combined with acts that put the biggest concentration of the virus into another person.

So yeah, there is a connection. But in other parts of the world the hetero population has it just as bad,
    At the surface it is easy to draw that logic. However, what was not followed up on is how many of these ****sexuals that derived what we assume was HIV or AIDS, were also recreational or heavy drug users. How many shared needles or used nucleocidal and Mitochondria destroying drugs like PCP, heroin, kitamine, and dangerous coctails. How many after being tested positive were prescribed AZT. I don't mean to digress and to spark a debate on HIV/AIDS and causalities and even PROOF of HIV, so I'll stop.

To get back on track. Due to the economic crisis at hand, the spotlight has shifted to where the government and citizens can now find or regain money, so taxes, health-care, and joblessness have gained headlines over the scrutiny of the credit/banking/and real estate industries. The govt dumped hundreds of billions to spark continued lending. There were reports of banks hoarding the money and not lending it. Now the govt is pressuring to execute loans asap. Has any follow up been done yet to tell if lenders have ceased or cut back on high risk loans? With the renewed pressure to lend, isn't that in a way, how some of this sh1t started in the first place?