Page 17 of 194 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    Can she pronounce the word "nuclear" correctly?
    You wanna debate stuff thats relevant or just hit on how someone talks?

OK, just a few days ago Obama did not even know what city he was in.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Actually, WD - my posts are all factual. Policy and character matter. You know the level I play on in the professional world - it holds true there as well as in politics. I wouldn't care how 'good the diection' of someones policies were if they have a history of questionable ethics and behavior.

If we had a repub nominated as corrupt as say Bill Clinton (I mean, who has 150 people mysteriously die around them always before an investigation or testimony?) and the Dems had a, say Bill Richardson, who seems to be a person of good character and competent, but whom I disagree with on many policy issues - I'd have to vote for Richardson, as he'd do less damage with questionable policy but decent character and competence than some I agreed with who was corrupt and incompetent.

It's never just about policy. And never just about Beer.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You wanna debate stuff thats relevant or just hit on how someone talks?

OK, just a few days ago Obama did not even know what city he was in.
    Well, I think it's embarrassing that our president can not speak english correctly. It reflects his "Yale" education.

-David

Promising social justice is how the gangsters get in ... fascist Italy, Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Wilsonian USA, and more.

Yeah the trains run on time (sort of), and you get badly provided free services, but at what price?
    Last edited by Mas Judt; 08-28-2008 at 06:53 AM. Reason: clarity
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Well, I think it's embarrassing that our president can not speak english correctly. It reflects his "Yale" education.
    Well I think it's more embarrassing when our President gets blow jobs from a fat intern. It reflects on his lack of character.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Well I think it's more embarrassing when our President gets blow jobs from a fat intern. It reflects on his lack of character.
    Geeze, everything is tit-for-tat with you. I'm not saying what Clinton did was right, why are you assuming this?

Personally I think the 2 party system is rotten to the core.... they both suck. I don't know what we should do, but the direction EITHER party will take us has a lot of uphill climbing to do to make things right.

So, as a Republican, you feel it's OK to spend $9 billion a month on the Iraq war? And you don't want to raise taxes? How are we going to fund the war? How much has China already loaned us?

Let me guess your reply.... Well, so-and-so (democratic) president did this and this to cause this x many years ago, so there.

You know what? That kind of logic is exactly what goes on in the Isreal/Palestine conflict and nothing ever gets solved.

Burn it all down, lets start over!

-David

Black Jack II

My "Beef" as you put it lies with those who like to pervert the 2nd amendment and any form of the constitution in to an excuse to undermine the Law and to obsess over something that they should not be obsessing over.

You can ask questions of a senator without having to come off like an a$$hat like that guy did with Biden. It wasnt an "honest" question it was a "baited" question filled with arrogance and contempt. Now you can have these opinions about a senator but when you ask them a question you can do it in a manner that reflects decency and not some lame brained hickery attitude,because what you get back is exactly what you put forth and that is what Biden gave back to that numnuts.

As for where i stand with the gun issue? i have already stated it. I am an advocate of the 2nd amendment but i dont obsess over it and i dont have this overwhelming sense of paranoia that it is going to be revoked, because YOU know as well as i that it wont, no matter if a dem gets in office or whomever.
    Now we can debate "regulations" until we are blue in the face. I feel that owning a firearm is a great responsability and one should be humble in the face of it. Most guys i know who own rifles, (Ar's and the like) dont go around touting the kind of BS i hear from alot of Pundents of the NRA, and some of them are actually NRA members but they are not radicals. Its people like that guy who questioned Joe biden that give gun owners a bad rep because most of conservative rural America possesses this mentality, in my opinion.
    Now despite your slander of me regarding what you Believe i stated about our soldiers, i do respect them and their service and THEY,or atleast the ones i have had the opportunity to talk to and be around do not possess the mentality that i have seen with Gun ownership. Mainly because they have been in the worst situations and have had to actually Kill people and that in itself can humble a person in the correct way as to not view their weapon as "Their Baby" and hold onto it as if it were some crack pipe that they could never put down. its those kind of people who have itchy trigger fingers and who are radicals, like the Tim McVeighs of the world. Come on Black Jack II despite what you think of me regarding politics and the like, we gotta agree on this issue. You being an owner of an AR-15 as you have implied with earlier posts.

Peace,TWS

P.S. Wow did i just show you a smidgeon of respect? d@mn.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

The biggest problem is that we don't really have two parties, both parties share more in common than they are really different, and they are full of career politicians who just care about getting re-elected and lining their pockets...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Ross and I generally disagree on politics however on that last post he speaks truth.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

So, as a Republican, you feel it's OK to spend $9 billion a month on the Iraq war? And you don't want to raise taxes? How are we going to fund the war?
    Ronald Reagan gave us the biggest tax cut in history. More money was actually collected in taxes! You see, when you cut taxes you encourage economic growth. More jobs are created. Companies grow and make more money. New businesses are started. There is more venture capital. So even though the tax rate is lower, if enough econmoic growth happens more actual money is collected.

Ronald Reagan gave us the biggest tax cut in history. More money was actually collected in taxes! You see, when you cut taxes you encourage economic growth. More jobs are created. Companies grow and make more money. New businesses are started. There is more venture capital. So even though the tax rate is lower, if enough econmoic growth happens more actual money is collected.
    There, fixed it for you...

$9 billion a month growth?

-David

So it's oK to go AWOL, sniff coke, get DUIs, and pay for abortions as long as it's all done before you get elected?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Small potatoes compared to being absent without leave from the national air guard.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    So it's oK to go AWOL, sniff coke, get DUIs, and pay for abortions as long as it's all done before you get elected?
    Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    Small potatoes compared to being absent without leave from the national air guard.
    So, how many of these assertions were actually proven?

Obama or Mc Cain

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN
    Current 0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples)

McCain does not propose any change in income tax on existing home sales

OBAMA
    28% on profit from ALL home sales

28% of the money you make (CAPITAL GAIN) from your home will go to taxes.

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN

15% (no change)

OBAMA

39.6%

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500
    Single making 50K - tax $12,500
    Single making 75K - tax $18,750
    Married making 60K- tax $9,000
    Married making 75K - tax $18,750
    Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA

Reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts ? (CLINTON TAX INCREASES WOULD BE REINSTATED)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400
    Single making 50K - tax $14,000
    Single making 75K - tax $23,250
    Married making 60K - tax $16,800
    Married making 75K - tax $21,000
    Married making 125K - tax $38,750

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

* New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet

* New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)

* New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)

* New taxes on retirement accounts and last but not least....

* New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

Also:

ACCORDING TO NANCY PELOSI we also need to increase Social Security payroll deductions FICA so illegals don't have to pay!
    Jim