Page 29 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Gay people should be able to be married so they can be equal, and by equal I mean equally suffering
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Based on 1badone's posts - he is the true liberal here. He wants limited government interference - freedom for all wether you agree with his life choices or not.

I find it really funny that those with a facist viewpoint call HIM facist. funny, funny stuff.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Notice I said the Federal Government. At some level there has to be government involvement for the reason you stated, property and assets. But I don't think that the Federal Government should be involved.

To me in a political sense, if someone wants to engage in a gay lifestyle it is their choice and no law should prevent it. I admit my religious beliefs view it is wrong.

I also feel the exact same way about drugs and prostitution as well.
    Would you vote for a State referendum allowing gays to marry legally in a civil ceremony in Texas?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-02-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Would you vote for a State referendum allowing gays to marry legally in Texas?
    No.

Spousal benefits for State employees would be coming from tax dollars. I don't believe tax dollars should be used to encourage behaviors that are an individual's choices.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

No.

Spousal benefits for State employees would be coming from tax dollars. I don't believe tax dollars should be used to encourage behaviors that are an individual's choices.
    Encourage behaviors. LOL.

Isn't f@cking your wife an individual choice? Why should one person be denied the same status as another just because of who f@cks them?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-02-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

No.

Yeah, I'm sick of my tax dollars supporting those darn heterosexuals. Hey! Mebbe I am a conservative!
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Ah, conservativism. They want to legislate their own perspective on morality but hate things like tax dollars paying for improved levies to protect major coastal cities or publicly subsidised co-operative housing projects to get the poor out of the worst of the slums.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Just one comment about Mac's VP choice:

If she can't keep her own family in order hoW can she run the country if she was called upon?

I like McCain saying "Yep! I knew about the daughter"..........Right! It's gettin really deep! Truth is he was broadsided from hell!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Ah, conservativism. They.... hate things like tax dollars paying for improved levies to protect major coastal cities or publicly subsidised co-operative housing projects to get the poor out of the worst of the slums.
    Conservatives think you should pay for your own stuff, or "pay your own way".

Of course, a liberal/leftist would think that levies on everyone should be used to pay for the levees that benefit only those stupid enough to want to live below sea-level.

It also seems apparent to me that to "get out of a slum", you get up off your duff and leave for more pleasant surroundings. Spending money to put "more stuff" into a "blighted" area seldom "fixes the problem" when the "blight" is the conduct of the residents themselves.

"Co-operative" housing tends to be a sink-hole, since the denizens/residents seldom cooperate in their maintenance.

Both levees and housing projects are examples of "throwing good money after bad".
    Last edited by bakxierboxer; 09-02-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post

It also seems apparent to me that to get out of a slum, you get up off your duff and leave for more pleasant surroundings. Spending money to put "more stuff" into a "blighted" area seldom "fixes the problem" when the "blight" is the conduct of the residents themselves.
    We do, and I did. Not many are as lucky as I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    We do, and I did. Not many are as lucky as I was.
    I tend to think that it isn't all attributable to "luck".... although a touch of it doesn't hurt.

Congratulations on your showing brains and initiative!

Now, if only someone would go into those places and start passing on the knowledge that prompted you to change your own circumstances.......

Of course, this is stuff that the Oba-Messiah was supposed to be doing throughout the bulk of his "career"........ "funny" (not) that those slums/ghettos are still there.

Obama did do a lot for the communities. I was there, I saw it. And you're right, it isn't really attributable to luck. It's more attributable to somebody caring enough about you to tell you that you can make it out of that environment and that there is something outside of the ghetto worth having. You'd be surprised how many people think the world is confined to their own neighborhood. Heck, I thought like that until I got down here to Texas and was able to get away from everything.

And I did go back to try and give back. We started a community center in the middle of East Chicago, an off the streets club of sorts. We did after school tutoring, helped kids apply to colleges, showed them how to hunt out grants and scholarships, offered job resource training for those who weren't college bound, things like that. We got a lot of kids into college and gave a future to a lot of people who had none. What a waste of tax dollars, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Encourage behaviors. LOL.

Isn't f@cking your wife an individual choice? Why should one person be denied the same status as another just because of who f@cks them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Yeah, I'm sick of my tax dollars supporting those darn heterosexuals. Hey! Mebbe I am a conservative!
    You two don't get what I mean.

By paying for a State employee spouse's benefits, the Government is encouraging their employees to get married. It's the couples choice if they get married. There should not be a Government paid bonus for doing so. I also think that taxing married couples less than those who are not married is wrong as well.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

You two don't get what I mean.

By paying for a State employee spouse's benefits, the Government is encouraging their employees to get married. It's the couples choice if they get married. There should not be a Government paid bonus for doing so. I also think that taxing married couples less than those who are not married is wrong as well.

You make a much better point here, and I can agree with that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    It also seems apparent to me that to "get out of a slum", you get up off your duff
    Just-world fallacy.

Again.