Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I wonder if he will be Obama's puppeteer once (If) they win? We might have the first presidency where the office is run by the Vice.
    Do you really think that Dubya can move his lips by himself?

The strings from his Saudi puppeteers are quite clear.

Google: "Bush Saudi Connection"

Rememer, BU$H's have trouble with their lips and the promises they make.

- jo

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    I just hope he does not totally deep throat the system as bad as some predicate.
    Bush has managed to have sex in the rear with 95% of the American people as well as most of the innocent citizens of Iraq.

How anyone can vote for a Republican after the horrors perpetrated by BU$H is beyond me.

Price of oil quadruples under his watch...is he villified as Carter still is today?

Hundreds of thousands of innocent people dead or injured in Iraq over a lie...all to make a few bucks.

The American people's surplus turned into a RECORD deficit that will take generations to erase.

More Americans unemployed than ever.

The economy is in the commode.

The world is more unstable than when Dubya was installed as President.

Yeah, the last seven years have been fun.

The Republican Party....DEATH, DEFICIT, DECEPTION AND RECORD PROFITS FOR BIG OIL!!!

-jo

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    The last Democrat to promise a middle-class tax cut was Bill Clinton.

What did you guys buy with that tax cut?
    B.b.b.b.bUT!
    He "APOLOGIZED!!!"
    He ACTUALLY faked tearing up and sniveling and said that:
    "Ah trahd hahdah than Ah evah trahd b'fo en mah lahf/laff...."

It even got "big media coverage".....
    (I think it was "his firs' Oafishul Ack")

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    B.b.b.b.bUT!
    He "APOLOGIZED!!!"
    He ACTUALLY faked tearing up and sniveling and said that:
    "Ah trahd hahdah than Ah evah trahd b'fo en mah lahf/laff...."

It even got "big media coverage".....
    (I think it was "his firs' Oafishul Ack")

No kidding. And remember; he said he didn't really raise taxes, we just all had to 'contribute more'.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    Hundreds of thousands of innocent people dead or injured in Iraq over a lie...all to make a few bucks.
    It wasn't a lie according to Joe Biden.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    No kidding. And remember; he said he didn't really raise taxes, we just all had to 'contribute more'.
    Probably thought that "da peepul's" disbelief that he hadn't delivered on the supposed tax-cut would cover up some of the shock/outrage over the tax-hike.... or was I supposed to call that a "greater contribution"?

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post

LOL at the idea that Obama-Biden will somehow be more liberal than Carter or McGovern. That's junk designed to preach to the choir and/or scare the stupid.

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

http://www.nationaljournal.com/conve...80823_9669.php

*ahem*

unkokusai,

Even if Obama's voting record is the most liberal NOW, that doesn't at all speak to whether he is/was/will be more liberal than Carter or McGovern. You have to compare Obama to those two, not to his contemporaries.

The assertion was that he will be more liberal than Carter or McGovern. My assertion is that that is a bogus claim. How does comparing Obama to his contemporaries - who are all arguably FAR more centrist than Carter, McGovern, and what were "liberals" in the late 60's and 70's make the case that Obama is more liberal than Carter and McGovern?

And liberal how? What does that mean? Are we upset with his tax policy? His views on public morality? His interest in the environment?

Or is he just a "liberal," because that's a great way to rally the troops and scare people that the communists are coming?

Here's one thing I'm certain of: If I have to chose between tax and spend or borrow and spend, I'm picking tax and spend every time. Dear god, I sure hope he raises taxes. I hope he can allow the Bush tax cuts, which were completely unnecessary and fiscally unbalanced, to phase out, and then I hope he can raise them some more for good measure. I also hope we get a consumption tax sometime soon, structured in a way that is progressive enough not to screw working families. **** straight we have to contribute more. We have some programs in the government that need to be closed down too, but our tax revenue is not near enough to cover what we are doing.

The Republicans have lost all sense of fiscal discipline, proposing that the solution to every economic problem is a tax cut. The bottom line is that the Laffer curve was always a laugh and defies both common sense and experiential results. Or have you not noticed our ballooning debt? We don't starve the government, we just borrow to finance it, because despite the rhetoric, baby boomers - that screaming me generation raised in unparalleled U.S. economic boom times - are unwilling to shoulder the twin burdens of increased tax rate and decreased services. They want what they want and they don't care that it's built on credit. You invest in the FUTURE with credit, not in the NOW.

Republicans have tried for years to pass all of this off as the Democrats fault, but it's a fake argument that the public is about ready to stop swallowing and vomit up....just like conservative Christians have started to wake up to the idea that hey...the environment is a real freakin problem. Don't worry guys, you're only 20+ years late, but we're glad to have you on board anyway.

This is a lot like me hoping world oil prices and gas prices at the pump continue to rise.

The nuts and bolts of Obama's proposals tend to be rooted in (get ready for it), behavioral economics. A great example - if you want to raise retirement savings rates in the U.S., make the default for a 401K to be opted in at a minimum level. Now, you can opt OUT, and you can increase that level if you want, but by defaulting it to opt in, you are going to get far more people to save. Your decision to choose hasn't been eliminated. You can still do whatever you want with your money, but when you make it easy to save, people will.

Republicans: Your greatest hope lies in guys like Ross Douhat and Reihan Salam. Follow them. At least your **** will make sense.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 08-24-2008 at 09:23 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

And liberal how? .

On his voting record.

I'm picking tax and spend every time.

You're sure picking it this time. Here's hoping you and your ilk end up the minority come voting day.

The Republican Party....DEATH, DEFICIT, DECEPTION AND RECORD PROFITS FOR BIG OIL!!!

For the love of Chr!st your nuts. Enjoy your tin-foil hat and ultra high speed d!ldo from Lover's Lane.

Higher income taxes, higher social security taxes, higher investment taxes, higher corporate taxes, massive new domestic spending, and a health care ideal that perhaps could be the next goose step to a full-scale, single-payer system.

Sorry but that is not on my wish list in a economic downturn.

That is about as attractive as a 300lb she-male stripper getting spastic diarrhea all over a nice and fluffy birthday cake at your grandmothers 90th celebration. It's just the wrong way to put out the candles.

You have to compare Obama to those two [Carter and McGovern], not to his contemporaries.
    Ok, I'll do that:

Dear god, I sure hope he raises taxes.

I also hope we get a consumption tax sometime soon...

The bottom line is that the Laffer curve was always a laugh and defies both common sense and experiential results.
    Exactly things Carter did, and McGovern was for as well. What's especially scary is that we are facing alot of the same issues we had during Carter: rising inflation, fluctuating interest rates and unemployment, unrest in the Middle East, and rising gas prices. And we all saw how Carter's policies made things so much worse, his economy could only be measured by the Misery Index.

And Carter did something economists thought was impossible; he had inflation, unemployment, and interest rates ALL rising at the same time! And it got so bad all three were in DOUBLE DIGITS at the same time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I wonder if he will be Obama's puppeteer once (If) they win? We might have the first presidency where the office is run by the Vice.
    No. We have that now.