Page 13 of 194 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Not any special connection, but they were Christians and proud of it. They also said their religious beliefs did indeed influence their policy decisions.

Actually the founding fathers were "deists" or "freethinkers" and they may have been christian but one of the main reasons for doing what they set out to do was to get the religious influences OUT of government/policy(they were not religious zealots nor were they evangelical radicals). Hence why the revolution started to begin with. Taxation with representation, and keeping the church/royalty OUT of policy governing. or did you forget that? i think you did, just reminded you.

Common sense says they would know weaponry would get more advanced as time went on. But again, the average citizen had a rifle far superior to the ones the armies of the day fielded and yet the Fathers had no problem allowing them the rights to own the superior weapons.

This line of reasoning doesnt ring of common sense to me, back then it was musket rifles and musket pistols and cannons. Citizens werent allowed to own cannons at their front door(which seemed to be the "advsnced weaponry of the time), they WERE allowed their rifles for hunting and when the time came to be called into service they would have one at the ready, since back then rifles were utilized for hunting primarily and defending one's home secondary.

1. Do you think the Founding Fathers would have supported killing unborn babies based solely on the mother's whims?

I think the founding fathers would not have utilized the government to dictate a womans reproductive rights, this would have been a church matter but still i dont feel, based on the writings of the founding fathers, that they would have even allowed the church to dictate or control ANYONE. However the mentality back then was different and the constitution did not protect slaves or even free them. things change and move forward, glad that we have a evolution of thought and ideals to abolish slavery, give women voting rights, give a choice to a woman and her own body.

2. Do you think they would support the average family paying around 50% of their income as taxes?

Hard to say, the economy was terrible back then. after the revolutionary war the American economy sucked big time and we almost lost the country back to the britts in the war of 1812(no-one wants to bring this up as it is an ebarrassment to the country.) And we dont pay 50% of our income in taxes today, were the hell do you get those figures from, your X-box?

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Way to backpedal nutjob.
    LMAO you tool.

What part again is the nutjob.....because I believe you have the right to self defense?

Douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    And we dont pay 50% of our income in taxes today, were the hell do you get those figures from, your X-box?
    Between federal income, state income, sales, capitol gains, gasoline, sin, estate, etc the average family does pay about 50% of their income in taxes.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    LMAO you tool.

What part again is the nutjob.....because I believe you have the right to self defense?

Douchebag.
    No becuase you define your right to self defense as carrying a bigger, badder gun. Whacko.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    According to the liberals here you have the right to defend yourself, it just has to be with a musket.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I said.

You know because I never said civilian arms should be limited to bolt action rifles, breach loading shotguns (for hunting) and small caliber pistols (for home defense).
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

i didnt see anyone say you should not be able to bear arms and defend yourself.

I did see people say that you dont NEEEEED a freaking assault rifle. which you dont. and if anyone truly think you NEEEED an assault rifle for home defense....then they are indeed a nutjob.

Ive never had to defend myself with an assault rifle.

also back in the day when "the citizens had better rifles" it was because the government would not have been able to supply each man a rifle quick enough if the need were to arise. Now we can. easily.

also the gov NEEDED the population to have those weapons. today, we dont NEED.

too much wants here and not enough paying attention to actual need.

little kids screem i want my toy i want my toy. not grown men.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Speaking of the Presidential race

Since announcing Biden as his VP choice and 2 days of the Democrat convention, Obama is down another 2 points in the polls.

Way to go there buddy!

Where the hell did you people learn history?

You do realize the main reason for the 2nd Amendment was to protect the people against oppressive government, not burglars.

lol @ that.

then was different than now.

go get your assault rifles and when you NEED to protect yourself from the US government. Good luck fighting our military with you puny assault rifle.

It wouldnt matter if every man woman and child in the states had the biggest badest assault rifle on the planet, our military would own us if it was the civs vs the pros.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

thats part of why our 'enemies' use suicide bombs and road side bombs. assualt rifles dont do a whole lot agains tanks and armored gunned transports, helicopters and planes.

Hippy Gets Owned at DNC

This was just heartwarming. I guess move away from the vehicle does not mean her.

Anyone who knows anything about Code Pink knows they suck ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfISlq1gzK8

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    When we established the 'no-fly' zones in Iraq, we effectively allowed the terrorist camps to set up without fear of attack by Hussein. I'm saying if we bombed and cruise missile'd the shit out of it instead of sending in our troops on the ground, how much would we have saved in terms of money and american lives?

-David
    You wouldn't have saved anything. For bombs to take out human targets with any certainty, you need boots on the ground and eyes on target. For the most part bombing campaigns don't work for breaking the will of people to fight and may have the opposite effect.

Crap, I forgot one February 26, 1993 (World Trade Center bombing) from my list.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I did see people say that you dont NEEEEED a freaking assault rifle. which you dont. and if anyone truly think you NEEEED an assault rifle for home defense....then they are indeed a nutjob.
    My AR-15 is not my home self defense choice but it is my choice at certain range functions.

BTW- for those that are to stupid to understand it the first time. These weapons were not selective fire weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Crap, I forgot one February 26, 1993 (World Trade Center bombing) from my list.
    As there were so many terrorist attacks during the Clinton administration, it's easy to forget some.