Page 22 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Interesting article

Interesting article on the Electoral makeup showing McCain/Palin are not in big trouble at all.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080830/...eground_stakes
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    MK is correct. See, I can admit that and not just parrot the same talking point over and over and over.

A Governor is an Executive office, and depending on how the city she was Mayor of is set up that may be as well. Obama has no Executive experience.

However; Palin is at the BOTTOM of her party's ticket, Obama is at the TOP of his.
    Of course, you realize McCain has NO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE either, right?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Not true. He commanded the largest land-based air wing in the Navy. That would be... an executive position.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Of course, you realize McCain has NO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE either, right?
    So, it appears that Susan Palin has the most EXECUTIVE experience of the 4 canditates!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I find it interesting that Obama made an impassioned plea against bringing up character in the election - especially since both he and Biden have serious character issues.

Looking at Governor Palin's relative inexperience vis-a-vis foreign affairs - I'd trust her judgement based on her proven character over Obama's mildly more experience due to his very serious character and judgement flaws.

Character does matter. It matters in business, it matters in your personal life and it matters in politics.

I'm astounded that 'our saviour' of the Obama Nation would discount this.
    www.kungnation.com

Seriously? You're better than this. I am genuinely disappointed
    My bad, you are right. I should of pointed out the Walter Reed deal, my main point was the Germany slip, and my words skewed what I was going for.

Touche.

obama vs. palin

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/reds...s-barack-obam/

the only change I would make: Palin: Pro-Life Obama: Pro Killing babies
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    I find it interesting that Obama made an impassioned plea against bringing up character in the election - especially since both he and Biden have serious character issues.
    If your pastor is a racist, one of your lifelong friends is a terrorist, a convicted felon helped you get your home and you are running against a man who was a POW for many years, you may just want to take the 'character issue' off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    the ol taxes are pretty awful.

but alot of those guys back then might not have cared if i had to pay those taxes as long as they didnt.

dont rich people part with a smaller percentage of their monies than I do?
    Reply]
    Maybe, BUT that smaller percentage is STILL more actual dollars than you even make in a year.

Note Jack, that I said tax the rich more than the poor. I'm speaking of a graduated tax system where everyone pays according to ability. I'm saying EVERYONE contributes, that's what you're missing. I do believe that everyone has the right to at least a roof over their head, food in their belly, and access to some way to better themselves. I disagree with giving direct monetary hand outs. Less food stamps, more gov'ment cheese if you will. I do believe the government should directly support higher education. It's an investment on the future tax base.

Reply]
    If by a graduated tax system you mean a flat tax, so everyone pays the same percentage as everyone else, so the rich put in more actual dollars, and the poor who can't afford it less because the universal tax rate automatically adjusts, I am all for that, BUT if you mean graduate like the more money you make the higher your rate is, then that is a really bad idea.

10% of 10,000.00 is $1000.00 in taxes a year.

10% of $100,000.00 is $10,000.00 a year.

Under a flat tax, the higher earners are STILL paying vastly more than the lower earners So the actual dollars are graduated like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Oh noes! Not the evil Tax Monster! How dare the government take money to build roads, fund schools, maybe build levies to help New Orleans NOT get flooded by the next superstorm, improve medicare and get out of the massive debt caused by a rediculously expensive oil war!
    Reply]
    They already take more than enough for that, why should we paymore? Would you pay twice the price for a new Flat screen TV? or a car? Of course not, so why pay twice the rate in taxes?

Change? Hope? He'll make W look like one of the best presidents ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    one of your lifelong friends is a terrorist, a convicted felon helped you get your home

the only change I would make: Palin: Pro-Life Obama: Pro Killing babies
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Reply]
    They already take more than enough for that, why should we paymore? Would you pay twice the price for a new Flat screen TV? or a car? Of course not, so why pay twice the rate in taxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post

BTW-she [Palin] has NEVER stated that creationism should become part of the public curriculum.

............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-...................``~.,
    .............................,.-...................................-.,
    .........................,/...............................................:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`....... ._/
    ..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`.....} ............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

.............................,-~*`&#175;lllllll`*~,.............................. ..... .......
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll&#175;`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.................................
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(&#175;`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`&#175;,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)&#175;`~,. ..... ............
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........&#175;```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Please, educate yourselves.

Holy ****. You people can't really think this ****, can you? I mean there's got to be some sort of logical processing going on up there.
    Last edited by NJM; 08-31-2008 at 04:41 PM.

It is VERY important that this quote is thoroughly disproven:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post

BTW-she [Palin] has NEVER stated that creationism should become part of the public curriculum.

"The volatile issue of teaching creation science in public schools popped up in the Alaska governor's race this week when Republican Sarah Palin said she thinks creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the state's public classrooms.

Palin was answering a question from the moderator near the conclusion of Wednesday night's televised debate on KAKM Channel 7 when she said, "Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. Healthy debate is so important, and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."

I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

made me shoot coffee out my nose...
    www.kungnation.com