Page 20 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Slamdunk!!

Man I am so stoked today. Sara Palin is a great pick and this could not get any better. A real tribute for what a young girl can look up to.

This is the type of canidate that will lead my party into the future, a total next gen conservative gift. To get rid of the old Washington politics. A real Maverick in her own party.

What I like, a straight talking woman, highly moral, mother of five young kids, one of them fighting in Iraq, a supporter of big family, pro-American, very much pro-life with her youngest child of four months being born with Down Syndrome.

Lifelong hunter, god I just came in my pants with that one, gun rights advocate, avid ice fisherman and outdoor sportsman. 80% approval rating and ethical as it gets having outed her own party in the past for bad conduct, her husband is a simple guy, a real family.

When she was governer she even reduced her own salary....lol....so good.

She's got a record of brining Democrats and Republicans together in Alaska. She has approval ratings of over 80 per cent because people recognise her skills as a bipartisan leader. A lot of Democrats like her and respect her stance.

This just made my vote that much more sweeter.

When she was chosen some Democrats jumped on her lack of experience. Then they were quickly shown that she is a first term Governor while Obama is a first term Senator.

It will be interesting how this plays out. But you are correct in that she is very conservative and popular.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    When she was chosen some Democrats jumped on her lack of experience. Then they were quickly shown that she is a first term Governor while Obama is a first term Senator.

It will be interesting how this plays out. But you are correct in that she is very conservative and popular.
    Barrack was in the Illinois State Senate for 8 years and has 2 years in the U.S. Senate, giving him 10 years of experience.

She has less than 24 months as Govenor, and served two terms as Mayor in a town of 6,500 people.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 08-29-2008 at 01:12 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Facts, MasterKiller? They aren't going to let their buzz be killed by THOSE.

MK is correct. See, I can admit that and not just parrot the same talking point over and over and over.

A Governor is an Executive office, and depending on how the city she was Mayor of is set up that may be as well. Obama has no Executive experience.

However; Palin is at the BOTTOM of her party's ticket, Obama is at the TOP of his.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

She also has been praised for her bipartisanship by the Democrats in Alaska and has an 80% approval rating among her constituents. Obama, Biden, and even McCain do not have approval numbers that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    80% approval rating and ethical as it gets having outed her own party in the past for bad conduct, her husband is a simple guy, a real family.

Yup, except for the whole corruption investigation that is currently going in Alaska. Apparently, she tried to get he ex brother-in-law fired from law enforcement after he and her sister were on the outs.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Yup, except for the whole corruption investigation that is currently going in Alaska. Apparently, she tried to get he ex brother-in-law fired from law enforcement after he and her sister were on the outs.
    That's not the complete story.

Her sister was married to a state trooper who beat the every living **** out of her, because of this conduct Palin made some calls to get the man thrown out of the force.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Jack,
    How can you have the complete story when there's still an investigation going on? Or do you know more than everyone up in Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Or do you know more than everyone up in Alaska?
    Maybe he is going by the 80% approval rating she has with 'everyone up in Alaska'.

All this BS about Taxation, truth is, everybody wants to spend, nobody wants to pay for it. Look at who were the big spenders and get the facts straight. Reagan and Bush both spent buckets more than any democrat, then they get rotated out, leaving the next administration with all the bills.

Guess what, bills have to get paid. Unless you want the US to go through a Soviet Union or South African style collapse.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Maybe he is going by the 80% approval rating she has with 'everyone up in Alaska'.
    She's a very popular governor, a very intelligent woman, and very ambitious.

I just find it funny that Republicans are talking about her ethics work while she's in the middle of a corruption issue. The claim is she had the public safety commisioner fired because of the whole deal.

Now, I truly hope she is vindicated, and I truly believe she innocent in proven guilty. Still, I don't think it's the best idea to to focus on the ethics thing in the middle of a scandal, it;s just asking for the scandal thing to be pointed out. It's not like she doesn't have a lot of other qualities to be promoted.

I wouldn't vote for her because she's way too far to the right for me, so please don't assume I'm attacking her because I point out a legitimate concern a lot of people are going to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    All this BS about Taxation, truth is, everybody wants to spend, nobody wants to pay for it. Look at who were the big spenders and get the facts straight. Reagan and Bush both spent buckets more than any democrat, then they get rotated out, leaving the next administration with all the bills.

Guess what, bills have to get paid. Unless you want the US to go through a Soviet Union or South African style collapse.
    That's correct!

Whatever her qualifications, she's a creationist, and as such, I wouldn't vote for her if my pee-pee depended on it.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Whatever her qualifications, she's a creationist, and as such, I wouldn't vote for her if my pee-pee depended on it.
    She's also pro "Teach the Controversy" I.E. Pro-Bull**** deception and favoritism.