Page 26 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...s-of-frin.html

Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she was once a member of their party, which, since the 1970s, has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United States.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

hah! Well maybe she will learn something from the experience. I'm not sure abstinence-only is the best scenario - many kids are messed up and looking for affection in all the wrong places, and there are a lot of young men who just care about getting off. It seems prudent to educate - stress abstinance (keeps you from getting distracted from taking care of yourself. - Boy, did THAT sound wrong.) - but teach safe sex, etc. at an appropriate age. BUt emphasize the responsibility that comes with being sexual - don't minimize that responsibility for the sake of 'fun' - then kill the babies.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she was once a member of their party, which, since the 1970s, has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United States.
    I like her even more....
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Saying they "just don't know enough," is an interesting point of view, but has very little to do with reality, because you are assuming they will agree with you once they do "know enough."
    Everytime a liberal has ran as a liberal or been shown to be one, he has lost badly.

McGovern, Mondale, and Dukakis come to mind.

When is the last time a conservative lost badly?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    When is the last time a conservative lost badly?
    When was the last time a real 'conservative' ran?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Ronald Reagan

Calvin Coolidge

Fred Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    In the general election, Reagan. And he actually won in TWO landslides.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Another thing to keep in mind; when conservatives run, they run as conservatives. When liberals run, they do not run as liberals.

Look at Clinton, he was anti-death penalty. But when it came time to run as President he made sure he that retarded guy got executed and that it made the news. Hell, he even ran promising a tax cut!

The last time a liberal ran as a liberal in a general election was Walter Mondale. He even promoised to raise taxes. That turned out to be the biggest Electoral landslide in history.

In the general election, Reagan. And he actually won in TWO landslides.
    So Republicans have failed to produce a true conservative in 20 years?

Why aren't more real conservatives being nominated?

Good looking couple! What's the Problem?
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

So Republicans have failed to produce a true conservative in 20 years?

Why aren't more real conservatives being nominated?
    No, just that one has failed to win the nomination. It appears one has been nominated for VP this time though. That's a step in the right direction.

I blame it on ignorance. The press and liberals have had success portraying conservatism as something it is not. So, it has made it tougher for one to win.

I do think if Obama wins and does what he promises to do, he will mess things up in Carter-like proportions and a true conservative will defeat him.

Is that really them? Or just a low class dig?

Is that really them? Or just a low class dig?
    That's them, from his myspace page.