Page 102 of 194 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Typical republican who puts more weight on public displays of faith/patriotism than on personal action.

My vote is my declaration of faith.
    Do what?! I'm willing to bet if elected his 'personal action' is tax increases on us. Not on just 5% of us he claims.

Youre not a bad guy, or irrational. But if Obama wins and raises taxes, I'm gonna raz you a bit.

Since you won't bet, try to answer this stumper: How is Obama gonna create $800 billion in new spending and cut taxes on 95% of Americans?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

He apologized publicly...

Censure was almost nonexistent. The head of the investigation stated it very plainly about the implication of wrongdoing on McCain's part but also about the fact that there was not enough hard evidence to get a legal ending...so they did not pursue it. Different times...

In fact, unless you actually had pictures of the guy with the gun smoking, the body, the blood, and a confession, at that time, indictments were virtually NEVER done - and that was with a Democratic controlled branch against a GOP...

Have you even LISTENED to the hearings?

And what lessons did John boy take away...definitely not enough to avoid the mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    And anyone who has a problem with Obama/Ayers should also have a problem with McCain's close ties to G. Gordon Liddy.
    If you want to consider planting multiple bombs and a break in as equal, go right ahead.

As to this alleged kidnapping and murder, Liddy was never indicted or even charged, was he? Unlike Ayres.

I'm not going to get into the Waco murders. But suffice to say I think the Federal Government murdered those people. No one was ever charged with possesion of automatic weapons or child abuse as was the stated reasons for the attack. I also think buring children alive is a bit heavy-handed solution to stopping alleged child abuse.

And yet you harp on Bush for bad intel and innocents being killed.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I never condoned Waco. Nevertheless, that mistake didn't bankrupt America.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Once again showing your character. Or lack thereof.

Are you a man of your word? You promised to tape a certain encounter. Remember this?

When can we expect the tape?
    When did I promise all of that? I said I had zero problem in going up to any vet and expressing my opinion face to face....the way a man handles it.

I didn't say anything about wanting to get in anybody's face. That's not my style. But if the subject came up in debate I would not hesitate to have my say.

As far as the other goes:

Talk about Bill Ayes til you're blue in the face. Get on a street corner and yell it to people walking by. The American people are seeing through all of this. Mac is only hurting himself.

However tonight will tell the tale. If McCain can't confront Obama face to face with being a "terrorist" through his association with Bill Ayres then he should just pack it in and go home now.....At least the man should have a little dignity to lose with grace.

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    And what lessons did John boy take away...definitely not enough to avoid the mistake again.
    Are you retarded?

McCain was warning people about the sub-prime mess while Democrats were covering up the problems. And Obama was accepting over $100,000 in campaign donations from them.

And let's not even think about Barney Frank was doing with his butt-buddy from Fannie Mae.

1.25 million Iraqi dead since Bush invaded Iraq...That says it all.

Obama at least seems he'll slow down the killing. His 16 month timetable is a little slow for me though. If I was being swore in as president I would promise the US would be out by the end og Jan 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    When did I promise all of that?
    I posted the links. Post #1076. Are you punking out? Geez, you get more like Fox every day.

Which one is true?

I said I had zero problem in going up to any vet and expressing my opinion face to face....the way a man handles it.
    I didn't say anything about wanting to get in anybody's face. That's not my style.

1.25 million Iraqi dead since Bush invaded Iraq...That says it all.
    So, small numbers murders don't count?

Is it about big numbers now? Do I have to post the numbers left-wingers have murdered? Stalin? Pol Pot? Mao? Castro?

We can go there if you want.

I don't see any contradiction. One does not have to disrepect to disagree. John McCain needs a lesson in this.

However unlike many of the conservatives I would never disrepsect the person but I would not hesitate to express my opinion if it arose in debate.

And where did all of this "Tape it for proof" come from?....It sure didn't come from me.

And where did all of this "Tape it for proof" come from?....It sure didn't come from me.
    Does this count?

You said:

I'd have absolutely zero problem in doing that.
    I replied:

Tape your encounter then.

So come on, tough guy. Do what you said you would.

I would have zero problem in getting out of my chair right now and dancing a jig in my office.....Does that mean that I'm going to do it? It the situation arose I might but as of now I have no plans.

Where are you going with this? I don't understand at all. It has nothing to do with anything. If you want to declare somekind of victory because I did not provide some kind of video tape then go ahead.

I wonder what Obama or McCain think about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6gPZO8XRw
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

McCain spoke out in 2006 – true but only after a 340 page report went public.

Congressional efforts to increase oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac extend back to the early 1990s. McCain just got wind of it in 2006 So…where was he before that? And, how can he give a warning and also call for less regulation?

“the current crisis arose because banks and mortgage companies made risky “subprime” loans to people with poor credit histories that were then packaged into securities and sold to institutional investors. As interest rates rose and home prices began to fall, homeowners unable to refinance the loans or sell their properties began to default, unleashing a cascade effect through financial markets. That phenomenon had nothing to do with Fannie and Freddie’s internal problems; in fact, both firms were praised for cushioning the financial free fall and keeping the market afloat by spending billions of dollars to purchase subprime loans.”

All McCain was talking about in 2006 was the accounting methods of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. His great economic knowledge and warnings had zero to do with being able to tell that the market was over-leveraged with these loans all the while still touting lessening of oversight in such markets.

Deregulation and oversight do not go together. His adviser, Phil Gramm, was one of the architects of the changes that allowed this massive leveraging....

So, either he fails to see the enormity of the issues he looks at, is playing both ends against the middle, or is saying the politically expedient thing.

Of course, if you only pay attention in an election year, you will miss things like his saying "Oversight" and then then next day saying "Free market, deregulate..."