Page 103 of 194 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Where are you going with this?
    Just showing you are all talk and no action.

You said you were gonna do something, and now you are punking out.

FYI, I asked for you tape it for proof and for my personal amusement. I love seeing loud-mouthed idiots get whipped, the Rudy-Anthony tape made he howl with laughter.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    McCain spoke out in 2006 – true but only after a 340 page report went public.
    And the Democrats never did, until the whole house of cards they created collapsed.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Let's not forget this

Who does Bill Clinton blame for the mess?

"I think the responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."

-Bill Clinton

THAT was pretty cheesy....

In a pi$$ing contest, everyone gets wet...but you don't seem to mind...in fact, you appear to relish it.

So, there were all the years between 2001 and 2006 where there was 100% GOP control of the Legislative and Executive Branches. Aside from something being declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, they could have done anything including doing away with Fannie and Freddie backing in any form - oversight, or whatever.

You think that this pile of cr@ap got this way in less than 2 years..since McCain's statement - which, while made in 2006, was made and BEFORE the election - as was his knowledge of the problem with their accounting.

So, which is it:

He was clueless as to how bad things were and went on with his deregulation mantra and business as usual.

He was really playing politics at the expense of the nation (so much for putting the country first) so he could stick this problem in the laps of the Democrats.

He was out to lunch...

And we know that he was saying that the economy was strong until a couple of weeks ago...and then clarifying that to say he meant the work ethic (not quite sure how work ethic and economy got to be synonyms- especially when the workers with the work ethics are losing jobs in the manufacturing and tech sectors...

Sorry, but the stories don't hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Just showing you are all talk and no action.

You said you were gonna do something, and now you are punking out.

FYI, I asked for you tape it for proof and for my personal amusement. I love seeing loud-mouthed idiots get whipped, the Rudy-Anthony tape made he howl with laughter.
    Glad you had a good time! By the way where did I say I was going to do anything. You presented a scenario and I said I would have no problem in doing it. That didn't mean I was going to run to the neatest VA and just start yelling and screaming in someone's face. Now if you want to laugh like a loon at that then by my guest!

Now is there anyone one out there who colud tell me what the "Rudy-Anthony Tape" is.

"The Palins' un-American activities"

"Imagine if the Obamas had hooked up with a violently anti-American group in league with the government of Iran."

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature...ns_unamerican/

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    So, there were all the years between 2001 and 2006 where there was 100% GOP control of the Legislative and Executive Branches.
    I posted a Youtube video link earlier of hearings in 2004. The Democrats were calling any action on Fannie and Freddie racist and anti-poor. They also used the term 'lynching' as the CEO of one of those companies was black. I did say the Republicans tend to wuss out when the Democrats resort to that garbage.

Here is that link again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_...day.guest.html
    Last edited by 1bad65; 10-07-2008 at 04:17 PM.

By the way where did I say I was going to do anything.
    We all know what you wrote. We all see you are punking out now.

FYI, if you do grow a set and do what you said you will, wear your Che shirt when you do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Salon.com!!! And BD says my links 'dont count' as they are slanted.

Read what was said, the guy they quote was anti-government, not anti-American.

FYI, it was her husband who was a member of the group in question, not Mrs Palin. I thought Obama said to keep candidate's families out the race?

Salon.com!!! And BD says my links 'dont count' as they are slanted.

FYI, it was her husband who was a member of the group in question, not Mrs Palin. I thought Obama said to keep candidate's families out the race?
    I'm not Barack Obama. Nor do I speak for his campaign.

To want to secede from the United States is, by definition, anti-American. You have made comments questioning Barack Obama's relationship with Jeremiah Wright. Is it not fair to question Sarah Palin's relationship with a secessionist, i.e. her husband? I would argue that her relationship with the father of her children is much closer than Barack Obama's relationship with Jeremiah Wright was.

Well, according to Keith Olberman she did record a video tape for the organisation last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK3huC6tYGc

And he seems very anti-american....

-David

We all know what you wrote.
    Yes, we do.. except you, apparently.

"Aggressive behavior:

Aggressive behaviour involves expressing feelings, thoughts and beliefs in a manner that is often dishonest, innapropriate and always violates the rights of others.

Aggressive behaviour includes:

forgetting about another person's rights
    making other people look or feel stupid, small or afraid
    becoming abusive when you are angry with someone or when you are criticising someone
    making unreasonable demands of other people
    hogging conversation
    bragging obnoxiously and making unrealistic claims about your good points

There are several reasons why people behave aggressively. One common reason is the fear of powerlessness and threat: this means that the person behaves aggressively to gain control over others due to their fear of vulnerability.

The short term consequences of aggressive behaviour are, unfortunately, usually positive. Being aggressive will result in emotional release, a sense of power and getting goals and needs met without experiencing direct negative reactions from others. Long-term consequences, however, are not so favourable. Aggressive behaviour can cause you to lose or fail to establish close relationships. Aggressive people usually feel that they have to be constantly vigilant against counter-attacks from others. Gradually, the aggressive person comes to feel misunderstood, unloved and unlovable."

How sad. Doubly so considering aggressive people rarely feel, let alone admit, they have a problem, therefore do not attempt to change. Triply so considering the lack of reading comprehension in this particular case.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

I just got in from MA class so I missed the debate...no matter, I turned on Keith Olbermann and he gave me a totally unbaised view of the entire debate.

"That One".........Need I say more. Just exactly what does McCain mean by "That one"? He might as well of said "That N".

Then, according to Keith Olbermann, a young black man asked McCain a question. Not only did McCain forget the man's name halfway through the question but he treated this guy as a simpleton. I guess McCain just saw the questioner as another "one".

Then finally at the the end of the debate McCain was wondering aimlessly around stage, totally dazed and confused....probably didn't even know where he was at for a few minutes!

Yep! Sounds like a tough night for the McCain camp....I know it was hard on him being on stage with "one' of those people!

"That One".........Need I say more. Just exactly what does McCain mean by "That one"? He might as well of said "That N".

Then, according to Keith Olbermann, a young black man asked McCain a question. Not only did McCain forget the man's name halfway through the question but he treated this guy as a simpleton. I guess McCain just saw the questioner as another "one".
    Still on that bs issue huh?

Olbermann is very biased. See if anyone else says that. Or watch it for yourself.

Obama wants to cut spending too. But he wants to raise spending.

Guess he's lying about one of those stances, huh?