Page 104 of 194 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

More bad news for Obama

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation

"Nevada state authorities seized records and computers Tuesday from the Las Vegas office of an organization that tries to get low-income people registered to vote, after fielding complaints of voter fraud.

Secretary of State Ross Miller said the fraudulent registrations included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team.

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," Miller said."

Full article:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...investigation/
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Greetings..

For those that try to blame the "Democratic Majority" since the 2006 elections...

NO!!! This is exactly what the 'neo-cons' hoped for.. it is a blatant deception..

Senate: 49 Democrats, 49 Republicans and 2 independents.. 67 votes needed to over-ride a presidential veto

House: 233 Democrats, 202 Republicans..291 votes needed to over-ride a presidential veto

PLEASE notice that the Democrats by themselves CANNOT over-ride a presidential veto. The Republicans are all too pleased to let the Democrats waste their time and image 'trying' to actually CHANGE the failed policies of the Bush administration, but.. The Republican President simply vetos Democratic CHANGE, then, the Republican minority STILL enforces FAILURE by denying the required 2/3 vote needed to over-ride the veto, AND BLAMES THE DEMOCRATS.. the Democrats have tried, but in a narrow majority they can't break the Republican policy of bringing this great nation to its knees......

This is the typical "smoke and mirrors" policy of the Republican Party that has dominated the whole Bush administration... as the world begins to realize that Bush and 'cronies' have plundered America into bankruptcy, the Republicans have the AUDACITY to blame the Democrats... this is a shameless continuation of the consistent lies fed to American people as their futures are being plundered... It is time to say NO to the Republican 'money machine', NO to the architects of economic disaster, NO to the the party that has tossed human right s and civil rights in favor of their true leader, the Almighty $$$$... Even in the minority, the Republican grasp on our future tightens into a fatal rear naked choke... SEND THEM HOME.

Be Well,
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob View Post
    the Republicans have the AUDACITY to blame the Democrats...
    Bill Clinton is a Republican?

That's news to me.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Sarah's disappearing accent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdUCHuxvAc
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Greetings..

LOL, 1bad65, that not the issue and you know it, another distraction from reality..

Be well..

Senate: 49 Democrats, 49 Republicans and 2 independents.. 67 votes needed to over-ride a presidential veto

House: 233 Democrats, 202 Republicans..291 votes needed to over-ride a presidential veto

PLEASE notice that the Democrats by themselves CANNOT over-ride a presidential veto.

I have a feeling that this might change in about four months. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's kinda ashame that the GOP has self-destructed like it has. Too much power in the hands of any group is not good. I would not care to have a congress that just acted as a rubber stamp for President Obama.

Well, with all this talk from the McCain camp about Obama's relationships with Rev Wright/Bill Ayres I find it odd that McCain did not have the decency to say that to the man's face last night.

I guess some of us just lack the courage to back up their words.

LOL, 1bad65, that not the issue and you know it, another distraction from reality..
    Ah, laying the blame where the sub-prime mess started is not the issue? What is then?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Well, with all this talk from the McCain camp about Obama's relationships with Rev Wright/Bill Ayres I find it odd that McCain did not have the decency to say that to the man's face last night.

I guess some of us just lack the courage to back up their words.
    I don't recall Obama mentioning The Keating 5 to McCain's face.

You lack the courage to back up your words too.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Sarah's disappearing accent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdUCHuxvAc
    Seems like it is just now appearing. Man, it's annoying too!
    If they want a more mass-appeal with her she should drop the accent.

And about last night's debate, at least McCain can pronounce the word nuclear correctly!

-David

btw - 1bad, even if Olberman is biased ( which every 'journalist' seems to be nowadays), how does that affect Palin's connection to the secessionist party? Did she not videotape a message for their meeting this year? And the witch chasing, laying-on-hands religious leader? The relationships in all of the candidates past could be seriously questioned if you want to be fair, but I guess you don't.

Greetings..

Ah, laying the blame where the sub-prime mess started is not the issue? What is then?
    The mess started with Jimmy Carter. Neo-cons cannot stand it that Clinton was successful and Bush has nearly destroyed their party.. whine on..

It's kinda ashame that the GOP has self-destructed like it has. Too much power in the hands of any group is not good. I would not care to have a congress that just acted as a rubber stamp for President Obama.
    Agreed.

Be well..

I liked the message from Obama last night. I've always tried to advocate the "Green" lifestyle and now it look as if the next adminstration is going to be with me 100%.......President Obama will even be green behind the ears!

So...according to you, McCain was crying his warnings in 004....and before. That does not square with McCain's own talking points or his statements about a sound US economy.

But you proved the point well. He MUST have known that the Democrats were going to take leadership in 2006 and played partisanship so THEY would be responsible for the meltdown... Oh right, he says he puts country first....

So, he MUST have been really working to get people to see the problem...Oh, wait, he is not well liked so his ability to build a coalition of concerned lawmakers is hindered...(wiat a sec. what would that do to his leadership as POTUS...)

Ok...so he is liked OK...so he was sounding the warning... wait, there was one statement back in 2006 and then nothing else... and the economy was sound in August... that doesn't fit either....

Sorry, McCain as the economic clarion of deregulation while making sure that the Fannie and Freddie crisis was averted with ...regulation...doesn't fit.

You may also want to read a little further on your ACORN stories as well.

(1) It was stated in the FOX article - far down, that ACORN HAD notified the Nevada election folks and the Attorneys General office of voting registration issues...but no one looked into it. It was also stated that they sorted the registrations and put the fraudulent ones in an isolated pile...hmm, how easy would it be then to actually FIND a fake one when you raided their office..."Hey, Joe, look at THIS pile of registrations over here...."

It was also stated in that and other sources that the AG's office was having issues with ACORN via the GOP and there HAVE been accusations on both sides...

AND - it is Oct. 7 just before the big election....hmm....why NOW...October surprise and trying to throw ALL of the valid registrations out with the separated out invalid ones....

Now, I don't know the whole story - nor do you - but I can see enough to know that all is not what was reported in the first paragraph that you gleaned on to....while ignoring the other side buried further...

Could it be that you simply can't afford to open your frame to ideas you haven't thought before...or that disagree with your prejudices? HMMM...

I really don't have a big problem with McCain himself. Anyone that's been in Congress for as long as he has is going to have made mistakes. I just like pointing out his mistakes whenever people jump on Obama for similar instances.

I was planning to vote McCain in 2000 before W. won the nomination.

But...I cannot accept his VP choice.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I don't recall Obama mentioning The Keating 5 to McCain's face.

You lack the courage to back up your words too.
    I think both these guys try to be collegial, while I disagree with him 99% of the time, Obama's style makes him the kind of guy I'd love to debate with over beers. I just don't think he is qualified or capable of being POTUS.

The left keeps yammering at everything EXCEPT the issues. First McCain did not address Obama directly in the first debate (who does? Usually these talking point 'debates' are addressed to the audience.) - Now he does not do it ENOUGH. Or he doesn't mention Obama's ties to terrorists - so he did your side a favor AND THAT IS A PROBLEM?

Stick to the facts and see how you do - ah, but when people know what the left really stands for they lose...

For the record, last nights debate Lie Score:

Obama 6, McCain 5. So Obama is in the lead, as far as lies go.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!