Page 11 of 194 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    By removing a leader who was as AS HATED BY THE FUNDAMENTALIST AS WE ARE. Yeah he was an asshat but he didn't trust the fundamentalists either and kept them in check. Now you have jihadist asshats running all over the country blowing themselves up to kill americans - many of these asshats are Saudi as was stated above. By giving the poor, uneducated and misguided people who are brainwashed into believing there will be 1000 virgins waiting for them when they ignite their bomb belts ( who are taught this in, among other places, Saudi Arabia) a place to kill americans, GW made the area more unstable than it was before.
    Ummmm, I'd like to make a minor point, hatred of Sadaam didn't stop Islamic terrorists from hitting us on Oct 12, 2000 (USS Cole), June 25 1996 (Khobar Towers), Aug. 7, 1998 U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam Tanzania, June 14, 2002 American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, and a little thing on 9/11/2001. All before removing Sadaam.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Btw

I watched Hillary last night and have to wonder how come she's not at the top of the ticket. I really don't like her policies but have to say she looked and sounded good, even possibly presidential.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Hah! Isn't Biden the guy who wrote the 'omnibus counter-terrorism act' of 1995? After the McVeigh bombing? You know, the act that would have allowed the US military to be used domestically to arrest people and makes the Patriot Act look completely unobtrusive on our rights.

Wheee - now Obama is going to give his acceptance speech in a place that 'looks like a greek temple.'

Speaking of Obama - this child of Chicago politics - where the mob, business and government are intertwined - is a typical Chicago hack - taking money for favors as a state senator, and extensive ties to questionable sorts. I can't even imagine the f@cking we will get when Chicago politics go national...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    He was showcasing his natural Freedom granted to us by our very sacred 2nd.
    natural freedom?!?
    sacred second ammendment?!?!??!

So I see it that you have elevated constitutional law to the level of religion. Or do you, rather, worship on the altar of the boomstick. Either way I hope you aren't a christian since you are breaking one of those pesky commandments.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Was it anything like John Kerry trying to eat that Philly Cheesesteak and looking like a fool?

I love how these elitist liberals always go to county fairs, bowling alleys, and eat fast food just to try and connect with the 'common man'.
    LOL. Like East-Coast-born, Yale-educated, Coke-sniffing G W Bush pulling weeds at his Texas ranch during interviews?

Remember, Bush lost his first run for Governor because they called him an elitist outsider.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

haha

pwned

Bush was the worst governor we ever had here in Texas and Ann Richards was the Best, rest her soul.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Remember, Bush lost his first run for Governor because they called him an elitist outsider.
    You may want to get your facts straight before posting.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    natural freedom?!?
    sacred second ammendment?!?!??!

So I see it that you have elevated constitutional law to the level of religion. Or do you, rather, worship on the altar of the boomstick. Either way I hope you aren't a christian since you are breaking one of those pesky commandments.
    Actually the Founding Fathers did say our rights were God given.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

You may want to get your facts straight before posting.
    The House, my bad. Nevertheless...

"In 1978, Bush ran for the House of Representatives from Texas's 19th congressional district. His opponent, Kent Hance, portrayed him as being out of touch with rural Texans"
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Answer me this 1 bad:

Do you believe that the founding fathers of the United States had some sort of special connection to the divine?

Do you believe that they could forsee the development of weapons technology over the subsequent 230 years?

Do you believe civilians, in the United States, should have unrestricted access to weapons of mass destruction?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Do you believe that the founding fathers of the United States had some sort of special connection to the divine?
    Not any special connection, but they were Christians and proud of it. They also said their religious beliefs did indeed influence their policy decisions.

Do you believe that they could forsee the development of weapons technology over the subsequent 230 years?
    Common sense says they would know weaponry would get more advanced as time went on. But again, the average citizen had a rifle far superior to the ones the armies of the day fielded and yet the Fathers had no problem allowing them the rights to own the superior weapons.

Do you believe civilians, in the United States, should have unrestricted access to weapons of mass destruction?
    No.

Now your turn

1. Do you think the Founding Fathers would have supported killing unborn babies based solely on the mother's whims?

2. Do you think they would support the average family paying around 50% of their income as taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Ummmm, I'd like to make a minor point, hatred of Sadaam didn't stop Islamic terrorists from hitting us on Oct 12, 2000 (USS Cole), June 25 1996 (Khobar Towers), Aug. 7, 1998 U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam Tanzania, June 14, 2002 American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, and a little thing on 9/11/2001. All before removing Sadaam.
    How many of these bombings were done by Iraqi terrorists? How many were done by terrorists trained in iraq? Are you one of those who believe that Iraq had a part in September 11? Sure, terrorist attacks have happened while Hussein was in power, where is the correlation?

When we established the 'no-fly' zones in Iraq, we effectively allowed the terrorist camps to set up without fear of attack by Hussein. I'm saying if we bombed and cruise missile'd the shit out of it instead of sending in our troops on the ground, how much would we have saved in terms of money and american lives?

-David

Not any special connection, but they were Christians and proud of it. They also said their religious beliefs did indeed influence their policy decisions.
    Maybe you should get your facts straight. Some were Deists and Unitarians. Thomas Jefferson called Christianity "the cult of Jesus" and predicted it would die out.

John Adams signed the Treaty of Tripoli:

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Oks so what they believe was given to them by God is human and fallable. So that implies that the constitution, written by those men, is NOT a divine document. Moving on.

Common sense says they would know weaponry would get more advanced as time went on. But again, the average citizen had a rifle far superior to the ones the armies of the day fielded and yet the Fathers had no problem allowing them the rights to own the superior weapons.
    Not really answering the question I asked. That being said I'd argue that the rapidity of technological change has followed an exponential pattern through the 20th century. At the end of the 1700s it was certainly picking up from the 1000 years of relative torpor that proceeded it but I would suggest that the rate of change was something that your founding fathers could not accurately estimate.

No.
    Ok, so in principle you agree that the 2nd ammendment does not provide unrestricted access to any armarment. Because if you believed it did allow that unrestricted access you would have to argue civilians should be allowed tactical nuclear weapons - since they are arms and since the 2nd ammendment does not specify firearms. Once you agree to that weapon control laws exit from the realm of constitutional law (just as libel and slander are not in the realm of constitutional law despite the appearance of restricting the application of the first ammendment). As long as civilians have access to some sort of "arms" the constitution is, in letter, adhered to.
    Simon McNeil