Page 14 of 194 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

ive always found it hard to even pay attention to people in debates that throw around childish insults like "stupid" "moron" "idiot" That was a primary thing to avoid in actual debates, back when I was going to meets and such for high school.

Everyone is a stupid idiot. no need to point it out unless you are talking about yourself.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

That's just the way Simon and TWS debate issues.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    You wouldn't have saved anything. For bombs to take out human targets with any certainty, you need boots on the ground and eyes on target. For the most part bombing campaigns don't work for breaking the will of people to fight and may have the opposite effect.
    I guess the Iraqi's who basically gave up after the air war in GWI had the opposite effect? You are telling me that a bombing campaign on the terrorist camps in Northern Iraq ( which happened to arise because of our no-fly zone) similar to that of the beginning of GWI would have no effect, but in fact have an opposite effect? Kind of like fighting a ground war there has an opposite effect? There are more terrorists in Iraq now than there was before. I know you're going to say "better there than here" but that is not what this war was started for in the first place. So we were either lied to about the reports of WMD's and the completely fabricated "Mobile Chemical Labs" via Colin Powell at the UN, or we were lied to about why we wanted to go in there in the first place - to change the regime and cause it to be a hotspot for terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Crap, I forgot one February 26, 1993 (World Trade Center bombing) from my list.
    Again, with your growing list of terrorist attacks, show me where these bombers were Iraqi, or where they were trained in Iraq. There is no link. The majority of them are/were Saudi, Pakistani and Kuwaiti, our so-called allies.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That's just the way Simon and TWS debate issues.
    Its not just them. But It takes what could be an intelligent and eloquent posting/reply and takes a lot out of the validity of the poster, at least IMO.

When I see a man talking and what he is saying may sound well grounded or a good argument, but then he starts spouting belittling insults it takes a lot of validity away from that persons character. making it difficult to take them seriously.

at least thats just me and how i interact with other adults in real life.

maybe its the internet that turns people into these kinds of insult throwers.

i like to see things as equally as i can from both sides.

for instance if you read my posts, you'll see a common trend on this thread. I am debating need vs want on the subject of owning assault rifles.

i could care less if everyone does own an assault rifle. they are fun to shoot and can kill pretty **** well. but again, i stand by my point, you dont need them.

a lot of people have a problem distinguishing between want and need. not many take it upon themselves to ask themselves what truly is the difference. its a line few can see clearly.
    Last edited by Lucas; 08-27-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

That's just the way I try to get dumb political threads locked so that we can get back to bickering over martial arts.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    That's just the way I try to get dumb political threads locked so that we can get back to bickering over martial arts.
    lol fair nuff

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Thomas Jefferson called Christianity "the cult of Jesus" and predicted it would die out.
    Can you link dat quote for me?

I'm not so sure he said that.

And if he did 1:

Christianity IS the cult of Jesus, by definition, is it not?

And 2: It hasn't died out yet. I don't see it dying out any time soon.
    Last edited by NJM; 08-27-2008 at 11:28 AM.

nice video! always love a good slamming at a protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    Can you link dat quote for me?

I'm not so sure he said that.

And if he did 1:

Christianity IS the cult of Jesus, by definition, is it not?

And 2: It hasn't died out yet. I don't see it dying out any time soon.
    "There is not a young man now living in the US who will not die an Unitarian," --Thomas Jefferson, 1822.

"One day the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in the United States will tear down the artificial scaffolding of Christianity. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.” -- Thomas Jefferson, 1823
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 08-27-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Between federal income, state income, sales, capitol gains, gasoline, sin, estate, etc the average family does pay about 50% of their income in taxes.
    No sh1t. Between city, state and federal, you get it from both ends.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    I guess the Iraqi's who basically gave up after the air war in GWI had the opposite effect? You are telling me that a bombing campaign on the terrorist camps in Northern Iraq ( which happened to arise because of our no-fly zone) similar to that of the beginning of GWI would have no effect, but in fact have an opposite effect?
    ONCE AGAIN: A conventional war is very different than a guerrilla/insurgent war.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

No sh1t. Between city, state and federal, you get it from both ends.
    No kidding.

And the estate tax is the worst in terms of fairness. Here you take someone who has been successful in life and earned alot of money and when they die the government nails them that last time.

the ol taxes are pretty awful.

but alot of those guys back then might not have cared if i had to pay those taxes as long as they didnt.

dont rich people part with a smaller percentage of their monies than I do?

"One day the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in the United States will tear down the artificial scaffolding of Christianity. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.” -- Thomas Jefferson, 1823
    In context, that quote is a denunciation of Mainstream Christianity which Jefferson believed was corrupt. Read it in context!

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    In context, that quote is a denunciation of Mainstream Christianity which Jefferson believed was corrupt. Read it in context!
    Jefferson believed Paul corrupted the true story of Jesus by adding all the mystic mumbo-jumbo. The Jeffersonian bible is clearly his take on a rational, well-reasoned approach to Christianity, which, by the way, is diametrically opposed to the message of the fundies currently making all the noise in this country.