Page 177 of 194 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

My Prediction:

In four years there will be no election "Day". You will have probably two weeks to vote. And that will be for all 50 states.

It's about time.

"Four Dead In O-Hi-O"

Hmmmm......Just saw a report where police on patrol in Ohio were told to keep their riot gear with them.

Just what are they expecting?

It sounds like the kind of thing that precedes "elections" under dictatorships: Riot police being readied for "civil unrest" during a presidential vote.

But the location is in the United States. According to an internal memo acquired by the local NBC News affiliate, Toledo, Ohio police officers have been ordered to "have their riot equipment with them Tuesday and Wednesday."

Police chief Mike Navarre told the network officers will carry equipment similar to the gear they used during 2005 race riots.

"They have been asked to have their helmets and their gas masks available tomorrow and Wednesday," Navarre said, "That's the equipment they would not normally carry with them on a normal day."

Police chief Navarre added that officers wouldn't be station at individual polling places -- but the memo says otherwise. According to NBC, it reads, "On Tuesday, units shall be directed to patrol the polling locations".
    Blatant attempt to keep black people away from the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    My Prediction:

In four years there will be no election "Day". You will have probably two weeks to vote. And that will be for all 50 states.

It's about time.
    We already have early voting that is LONGER than two weeks.

Great prediction there, Nostradamus.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

"They have been asked to have their helmets and their gas masks available tomorrow and Wednesday," Navarre said, "That's the equipment they would not normally carry with them on a normal day."
    Blatant attempt to keep black people away from the polls.
    Maybe it's to prevent this:

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
    Therefore, by default, he should already have won the election. If he doesn't, I guarentee you, there will be some kind of major riots or something,...
    Once again, you must mention racism. Guys like you are as bad to race relations as the racists themselves.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I call it as I see it. It seems funny to me that no where else in the United States, even in the deep south, have they found the need to gear up for a riot.

Also the memo clearly said they will patrol the polls.

It's my sincere hope that groups like the NAACP, Move On and others are in front of Federal judges right now to stop this madness.

And, to be honest, if it's not stopped and these officers removed from the polls the people should attempt to take the polls back. If I was there I would be right there with them.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Obama is going to win the popular vote

the big question, the question that matters, is how the electoral college votes will play out. I suspect it will come down to Ohio or Florida (again)

Although those states are going to be important I think Obama will take Ohio at least and, IIRC most of the polls are saying McCain needs both to win.

I don't expect a landslide because in my experience US presidential elections rarely are such but I do expect a clear victory in both electoral college seats and popular vote for Obama. Betcha he gets minimum of 56% of the popular vote.
    Last edited by SimonM; 11-04-2008 at 10:34 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Meanwhile the Democratic machine continues dooing what it does best - steal elections...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008
    A Repeat of 2004 Philly Voter Chaos, Fraud
    Posted by: Amanda Carpenter at 7:46 AM
    GOP Election Board members have been tossed out of polling stations in at least half a dozen polling stations in Philadelphia because of their party status.

A Pennsylvania judge previously ruled that court-appointed poll watchers could be NOT removed from their boards by an on-site election judge, but that is exactly what is happening, according to sources on the ground.

It is the duty of election board workers to monitor and guard the integrity of the voting process.

Denying access to the minority (in this case Republican) poll watchers and inspectors is a violation of Pennsylvania state law. Those who violate the law can be punished with a misdemeanor and subjected to a fine of $1,000 and sent to prison between one month and two years.

Those on site are describing the situation as "pandemonium" and there may be video coming of the chaos.

Some of the precincts where Republicans have been removed are: the 44th Ward, 12th and 13th divisions; 6th Ward, 12th division; 32nd Ward, Division 28.

“Election board officials guard the legitimacy of the election process and the idea that Republicans are being intimidated and banned for partisan purposes does not allow for an honest and open election process,” said McCain-Palin spokesman Ben Porritt in a statement to Townhall.

The City of Brotherly Love was roiled in controversy during the 2004 election because of rigged voting machines that showed nearly 2,000 votes for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry before the polls had opened. A man also used a gun to intimidate poll workers at Ward 30, division 11 in 2004.

Update: Fox News just did a report about the controversy. The Democrats are saying that the polling station is crowded and election board members need to cycle through the areas intermittently.

Update 10:53am: Pennsylvania Secretary of State Pedro Cortes says this matter is already being heard in court and should be resolved soon. He says there was a dispute of the names of the poll watchers on record. This is a different story than the Democratic officials told Fox News earlier this morning.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Meanwhile the Democratic machine continues dooing what it does best - steal elections...
    Yeah, because Ohio 2004 and Florida 2000 were so...legitmate.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Don't blame Mas Judt. He believes Fox News. That's a clear indication of a severe learning disorder.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Well, the New York Times, which despises GW, did an investigation into Florida and came back to say Bush won fair and square.

Unlike say, Philadelphia, where voting machines were delivered pre-loaded with 2,000 Kerry votes each.

I find the rabid dislike of FoxNews funny. They were simply the first station to give equal time and not just be a mouthpiece for the left. Until you realize ALL 'news' is inherently subjective you remain a tool of... well, just a tool.
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Sounds like there is a lot going on here than the story tells. Just how are the Democrats "steal"ing the election? Are you saying they are clearing out republicans so they can cram the ballot box?

Either way I don't think party officials from either party would take part in anything like that...that is unless you have proof something is happening.

The "Rigged" voting machine machine is laughable. Sound to me like a misfunction of some kind. Just how were they going to explain the additional 2,000 votes at the end of the night when they tried to reconcile the vote total with the voters role?

The truth about Florida.....

One one will ever know who actually won that election......I have no problem with how it was settled. I also say that if the Dems had of been in charge it would have went the other way.......

No matter......Gore had no one to blame but himself. Had he not have turned away from the liberal voter he would have won easily. Also, had he of won his home state he would have carried the election.

You know, while I'm certrain the Obama, Pelosi, Reid troika will f@ck out country over, one good thing would come from an Obama victory - it would show that race relations HAVE matured somewhat (Yeah, I know problems on both sides) - but it would be a symbolic positive.

Also, Obama is determined to pare down our military - which to a certain degree is good, but only if he pares down our military commitments FIRST, encourages our allies to share the burden SECOND, then reduces as made possible by a sensible foreign policy.

It might open up the chance to change the 'war on terror' to 'the war on homicidal islamofacists'. I never liked the idea of a war on a concept - too open ended, too Orwellian. Although I do believe the Wahabbi's and other islamofacists need to be defeated. But military action is only part of the equation.

Single payer health care. Studies show it works. We'll NEVER have a truly market-based system, so why not fix the effed-up one we have to a model that can work better if managed well. (I know my libertarian buddies will scream over this, but we do not have a market based system now, we aren't going too, and we need to cut out the fat.)

We'll see. The ideaologues running things scare me, but Rahm Immanuel, the power behind the thrown is more pragmatic. We'll see. Heck, I'd even welcome Robert Reich back, the only guy I liked (not always agree with, but he was never wrong with a capital W like Albright was.) from the Clinton admin.
    www.kungnation.com

A review of the available data reveals that in Ohio alone, at least 357,000 voters, the overwhelming majority of them Democratic, were prevented from casting ballots or did not have their votes counted in 2004 — more than enough to shift the results of an election decided by 118,601 votes. In what may be the single most astounding fact from the election, one in every four Ohio citizens who registered to vote in 2004 showed up at the polls only to discover that they were not listed on the rolls, thanks to GOP efforts to stem the unprecedented flood of Democrats eager to cast ballots. And that doesn't even take into account the troubling evidence of outright fraud, which indicates that upwards of 80,000 votes for Kerry were counted instead for Bush. That alone is a swing of more than 160,000 votes — enough to have put John Kerry in the White House

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...lection_stolen
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.