Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    She wouldn't fit in with my buddies at Burning Man yet but their is hope!
    Big shock there.

First Ward Churchill and now Burning Man. You sure have alot of poseur friends.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I'll agree there should be no tears shed for Sarah Palin......

For the rest of her life she can go on the lecture tours giving the "I once ran for VP" lecture....She's pretty much set.

As far as her being the "Future of the party".......The democrats should be so lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    She will get her fifteen minutes of shame to go with her fifteen minutes of fame and then she can get ousted from Governor in the next Alaskan election and return to being mayor of Wasilla.
    You liberals are just like Sylvia Browne in the prediction department. You just don't know when to stop and save yourself further embarrassment.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

For the rest of her life she can go on the lecture tours giving the "I once ran for VP" lecture....She's pretty much set.
    You're confusing her with Geraldine Ferraro.

At least Mrs Palin's running mate got more than 10 Electoral Votes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You liberals are just like Sylvia Browne in the prediction department. You just don't know when to stop and save yourself further embarrassment.
    Again you confuse me for a liberal.

Furthermore... do you WANT Palin to make another shot at VP or Prez? She'd only screw it up. A return to obscurity would be the nicest thing that could happen to Palin...

The worst would be time in an alaska state prison for corruption charges... also a (more remote) possibility.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Becca,

All I said was that more poor people had foreclosures than rich ones. It appears everyone here sees that, except maybe you. Do you not agree that more poor people got foreclosed upon than rich ones?
    You mean to say that the rich have it better than the poor? Holy Crap- didn't see that coming!

The worst would be time in an alaska state prison for corruption charges... also a (more remote) possibility.
    You do realize just this week she was cleared, right?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Gov. Sarah Palin violated no ethics laws when she fired her public safety commissioner, the state personnel board concluded in a report released Monday.

"There is no probable cause to believe that the governor, or any other state official, violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with these matters," the report says.

"Gov. Palin is pleased that the independent investigator for the Personnel Board has concluded that she acted properly in the reassignment of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan," her attorney, Thomas Van Flein, said in a statement.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11...ed-ethics-law/

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    You mean to say that the rich have it better than the poor? Holy Crap- didn't see that coming!
    I know you did. And I know I did.

The question is does Becca agree with my statement?

Plenty of time in her term as governor for her to do something else corrupt and have it stick. Especially if the republican muckraking machine decides to crucify her.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Will Palin be scape-goated by the McCain campaign?

90% probability of yes.

Does Palin deserve the blame?

In part. I mean she is a REALLY STUPID person...
    I beg to differ - she is dogmatically arrogant, like GW and the rest of the cool aid drinking neo cons.

Of course, that is no sign of higher intelligence, simply well bedded ignorance.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Is she becoming the scapegoat for the loss? It sure seems that way. Throw her to the wolves!
    i predicted this almost as soon as she opened her mouth. no one seemed to agree with me at that time.

i had said since she was chosen that mcain chose her for 2 reasons. #1 to try and snag the women voters after clintons loss to obama. and #2 so mcain could blame his loss on the 'ignorant alaskan woman'

and also for an 'excuse' to losing to a black man. had he had a stronger running mate and still lost, his loss of face would have been much larger.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Plenty of time in her term as governor for her to do something else corrupt and have it stick. Especially if the republican muckraking machine decides to crucify her.
    Yeah, because the Republicans were the ones digging up all the dirt on her during the campaign.

Actually there was 'nothing else corrupt'. She was cleared of ANY wrongdoing.

Do you really believe the drivel you post?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i predicted this almost as soon as she opened her mouth. no one seemed to agree with me at that time.

i had said since she was chosen that mcain chose her for 2 reasons. #1 to try and snag the women voters after clintons loss to obama. and #2 so mcain could blame his loss on the 'ignorant alaskan woman'

and also for an 'excuse' to losing to a black man. had he had a stronger running mate and still lost, his loss of face would have been much larger.
    Because you were wrong.

I think she was picked for several reasons: First, she was conservative and McCain did not have his base sown up at all. Second, she was a fresh face and I think the McCain camp wanted a fresh face to go up against the Democrats fresh faced nominee. Third, age. McCain was seen by some as too old. Obviously Mrs Palin does not have that problem.

no she had quite a few other obvious problems. so obvious in fact that most people just laughed at her....too bad mr. mcain and his corte could not see those issues in advance.

we'll just see if they point any fingers at her or not. if so, then i am, at the least, partially right.

sorry but your authorative manner doesnt always work.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    sorry but your authorative manner doesnt always work.
    Didn't mean to come off that way to ya. Sorry.

I look at it this way. Initially, she was a good pick for him. She was a new face, conservative, and popular in her home state. She initially raised his poll numbers (unlike Biden did for Obama). But then she had that (now proven false) allegation against her and she really did not handle the grilling she got from the press very well. I blame the last part on McCain's people. They got so used to McCain being handled with kid gloves by the press the last 8 years, they thought she would get that treatment as well. They failed to see (unlike most conservatives, Rush included) that once McCain won the nomination and was running against a Democrat, and not other Republicans, those gloves were coming off.