Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194 LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    BD especially has given Tawana Brawley, Al Sharpton, Jimmy Carter, Jesse Jackson, Bill Ayres, and Bill Clinton passes because 'that was _ years ago. It doesnt matter now.' Yet he still brings up GHW Bush and Ronald Reagan's policies and actions to try and prove his points.
    I never bring up the past when talking about the present. That would be like you saying something about Obama then I say "Yeah BUT...Reagan did this and this"......I simply don't do that.

You, on the other hand, seem to drag up every name from the last 50 years and try to wedge it into current politics.

Soon Bush will be history...THANK GOD!!!!! and that's where he belongs.

If you understood it, why did you say I was comparing people to Hitler?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

You need a history lesson

You guys ever heard the saying "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it"?

Carter's policies wrecked the economy, no one can argue that. We have NEVER had interest rates as high as he got them, 22.5%. Inflation was in double-digits as well. High unemployment and gas lines were part of that time as well.

I pointed out that Obama is saying he is gonna use THE SAME tax policies that Carter did and that it will likely make the economy even worse. BD's answer to that was that that meant nothing because it happened so long ago.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Does Hitler now get a pass in your book?
    This is the most recent example. There have been others.

Comparing the actions of certain Democrat politicians to the holocaust?

Sharpton's occasional inappropriate comments on race and religion (many of which he has since recanted), Tawana Brawley's apparently false accusations, Jessie Jackson's inappropriate comments on race and religion, and Bill Ayer's willingness to destroy empty government buildings to fight against an unjust war... NONE of these things are on a level of the holocaust.

And as for Carter....

The guy is such a goody-two-shoes that to MENTION him in the same breath as Hitler is indicative of your serious disconnect with reality.

Furthermore none of these people are Barack Obama and the only one with even a notable connection to him is not much more than an acquaintance who had long since ceased any criminal activity at the time Obama came into contact with him.

Meanwhile many of the figures brought up by Bolder Dawg during the extended pre-election argument have VERY STRONG connections to McCain and his policies.

Oh and as for those who fail to learn from history being doomed to repeat it... how has the doctrine of American Exceptionalism worked out for you conservative war hawks?

Fifty years of buying armies for thugs who claim friendship and invading foreign soil: you lost latin america with the exception of Colombia, you failed to pick up the middle eastern states who were aligned with the eastern bloc of the cold war, you have two unwinnable wars to extract yourself from, Pakistan is going to hell in a handbasket, you can't get the pipelines across central asia without going through Russia and Russia - despite the fall of the Soviet Uunion - still isn't your friend.

Oh yeah, and the nuclear nonproliferation treaty has all but failed because the USA keeps building more bombs AND invited fvcking Israel into the nuclear club.
    Last edited by SimonM; 11-07-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Be honest here...

Is this looking good for the economy?

Rahm Emanuel is the first appointment Obama made. Guess where Emanuel has worked? Yup, he was on Freddie Mac's Board of Directors!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Comparing the actions of certain Democrat politicians to the holocaust?
    Let's put your money where mouth is, idiot.

I'll take a BAN BET right now on that bs accusation. I'm tired of your drivel.

You up for it? Or do you know your full of ****?

This is your chance to get rid of 1bad65 once and for all!
    Last edited by 1bad65; 11-07-2008 at 10:27 AM.

I pointed out that Obama is saying he is gonna use THE SAME tax policies that Carter did........
    Obama is not saying that...Not once did he never say that.

That's just talking points that you pulled off of Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity or any one of a hundred blogs out there.

In any case you are not saying people should learn from history...You are playing the "two wrongs make a right" game....You speak of giving a "Pass" to Al Sharton, Jimmy Carter...whoever....I could sit here and rail aginst anyone in history and it is going to do no good.

You're not saying people such as McCain have or should "learn" from history. You are saying people from some point in history should be condemned for their actions.......Fine that's for history to decide however it has no bearing on current affairs.

You up for it? Or do you know your full of ****?

This is your chance to get rid of 1bad65 once and for all!
    You've been listening to Limbaugh too much. No respect for anyone...not surprising.

You don't see the liberals here stoop to the name calling. Leave leave that to people such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    You've been listening to Limbaugh too much. No respect for anyone...not surprising.

You don't see the liberals here stoop to the name calling. Leave leave that to people such as yourself.
    Let's go, big mouth.

Take the bet. You made accusations about me, and I'm willing to bet a BAN to show you're wrong.

Are you now rereating? You gonna retract your accusations?

You sir have a gambling addiction.

I do not.

Besides which I have accused you of nothing except being an assinine and pointless poster. Honestly I don't want you banned. It's much more fun taking pot-shots at you. And I'm secure enough in my intellectual superiority to you that I don't care how many times you throw insults at me... it just showcases how assinine you are.

Besides which; I QUOTED THE REFERENCE DIRECTLY
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Obama is not saying that...Not once did he never say that.
    Taxing only 'the rich' during an economic downturn is EXACTLY what Carter did. And it failed big time.

You sir have a gambling addiction.

I do not.

Besides which I have accused you of nothing except being an assinine and pointless poster. Honestly I don't want you banned. It's much more fun taking pot-shots at you. And I'm secure enough in my intellectual superiority to you that I don't care how many times you throw insults at me... it just showcases how assinine you are.
    Actually these ban bets were originally proposed by BD.

Bullsh!t, you accused me of comparing Democrats to Hitler. You posted it. Either put up or retract it. You know I didn't say that. Thats low, and honestly, I expected you to be above that.

If your so 'intellectually superior' to me, how come you don't ever present facts, figures, etc to back up your assertions as I do?

Besides which; I QUOTED THE REFERENCE DIRECTLY
    Where did I compare ANYONE (as in a person) to Hitler. I compared TIME PASSED, not people.

If your so 'intellectually superior' to me, how come you don't ever present facts, figures, etc to back up your assertions as I do?
    I have had no need to do so. The weakness of your facts has made your arguments easy to discount. I have no interest in entering into a statistic slinging competition with you. It would be boring.
    Simon McNeil

I have had no need to do so. The weakness of your facts has made your arguments easy to discount. I have no interest in entering into a statistic slinging competition with you. It would be boring.
    I admit it would be boring. Watching football games that end 76-0 isn't too exciting either.

How are my arguments weak when US Census and IRS figures back them up?