Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 2,896 to 2,908 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

You know what... this is now getting annoying, welcome to my ignore list.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I would take the bet (Whatever it might be...I haven't figured it out yet) but I'm really concerned that ACORN is involved somehow! They will cheat and lie and I will lose!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    You know what... this is now getting annoying, welcome to my ignore list.
    Wow, that's downright pathetic.

You post repeatedly in a monster thread arguing with me, and when I finally bluntly say to put up or shut up with facts and figures, you take your toys and go home like a little baby.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I would take the bet (Whatever it might be...I haven't figured it out yet) but I'm really concerned that ACORN is involved somehow! They will cheat and lie and I will lose!!!!!
    Yeah, you did predict voters not being counted or able to vote. And AGAIN you were wrong.

You guys also predicted I would blame a McCain loos on voter fraud and ACORN. WRONG AGAIN. I did not. McCain's refusal to attack Obama's weaknesses and his horrible gamble to win Pennsylvania were the big reasons he lost. FYI, for years Rush has said McCain would never be able to beat any Democrat in a general election as he is too moderate. He was RIGHT.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Yeah, you did predict voters not being counted
    I never said anything about votes not being counted. I felt considering millions and millions of votes are cast that the system probably worked as well as it could.

I was concerned about the tactics of the GOP; Police in Riot gear, Challenging voter roles over change of address and assorted other dirty tricks but the margin was just too great to matter.

By the way, In my opinion the Bradley effect was in play. Without it McCain would not have done near as well as he did. I'm thinking it accounted for at least 5% of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    By the way, In my opinion the Bradley effect was in play. Without it McCain would not have done near as well as he did. I'm thinking it accounted for at least 5% of the vote.
    I disagree there. The polls said Obama had a lead of ~5%. Obama won by 7% pts. How is that a 'Bradley Effect'? He did slightly BETTER than the polls suggested!
    Last edited by 1bad65; 11-07-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Hey BD,

Since you are not being a baby like Simon and still discussing events, I have a question:

GM's earnings came out today. They are in big danger of having to declare bankruptcy. Bush has said he can do nothing more than the loans already given them that were approved by Congress.

The question is; Do you support a bailout of GM and/or the auto industry as a whole?

McCain's refusal to attack Obama's weaknesses and his horrible gamble to win Pennsylvania were the big reasons he lost. FYI, for years Rush has said McCain would never be able to beat any Democrat in a general election as he is too moderate. He was RIGHT.
    No, McCain lost because he scared the hell out of everyone who isn't from an in-bread state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    No, McCain lost because he scared the hell out of everyone who isn't from an in-bread state.
    Nice to see you taking the high road.

Hey Becca,

How do you explain these people that voted for Obama?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM2xHggg7Uk

This is the deal.

This thread has pretty much become an extension of the previous election thread. Thing is, with the exception of Minnesota & Georgia , the elections are over.

Go talk about martial arts.

GM's earnings came out today. They are in big danger of having to declare bankruptcy. Bush has said he can do nothing more than the loans already given them that were approved by Congress.

The question is; Do you support a bailout of GM and/or the auto industry as a whole?
    I'll play....Not a penny...Nothing for GM or any other private company here in the US.

Now I know Obama has already called a press conference where he was saying he would give money to GM....That's Obama...Not me. It's also one of the reasons that I don't vote for any Republicat.

I told you that Obama was way too conservative for me. Maybe now I will be believed.

That said, apparently somebody has to be the president and nobody could be worse than Bush. I don't know his plans for giving money to the automakers however I hope they come with strings attached...Such as more union involvement and development of electric and other energy cars. Also, this money should NOT go to operations overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

In-bread state? As far as I know all the states have bread in them!

Anyway I happen to have grown up in one of those states. I guess that goes along good with being a "Freak in Boulder" as you have talked about before.