Page 2 of 194 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    BTW, If Obama wins, it's four and then out on his ear.
    I just hope the US can survive four years of Obama. Look how much damage Carter did in 4 years. And Obama's policies are almost identical to Carter's!

I was one of those disenchanted Conservatives, but within the last few months I've come to realize Obama is such a danger to the US, I have to vote for McCain.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Supposedly Biden is only worth between 100,00 - 150,000.
    Don't judge his net worth simply by his cheap-looking hair plugs.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

this disgusting, truly and uterly disgusting, you should all be carried out and shot-

in the back of you heads with a snake spear. this is a freaking kung fu forum for petes sake. just when i got use to RD's random OT discussions about anything that pops in his head, i have to deal with the disgust that is american politics, i'm truly sickened and saddened by this, this forum should be a safe haven from that crap. you should all feel ashamed for yourselfs, your masters, and your leanage. oh and BTW vote obama.

Its Sad really

I was hoping for an Obama/Edwards Ticket. I think it would have solidified the Dem presidency, regardless of the affair and all the skeletons being drug out by the right wing media. Edwards had the Unions and Blue collar America in the East.

Sigh Now Obama had to go and choose a nimrod like Biden. I dont like him,never did. He certainly doesnt represent me or my values at all. I know MP likes him and all and i can respect that , but really now, i dont see Obama winning this, Obama should have just put Hillary on the Ticket(may have been a slightly better chance there of a win).

get ready for 4 more years of a republican run disaster.

Yay TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    in the back of you heads with a snake spear. this is a freaking kung fu forum for petes sake. just when i got use to RD's random OT discussions about anything that pops in his head, i have to deal with the disgust that is american politics, i'm truly sickened and saddened by this, this forum should be a safe haven from that crap. you should all feel ashamed for yourselfs, your masters, and your leanage. oh and BTW vote obama.
    Reply]
    Heyyyy, I stopped starting Random nonsense threads some time ago!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    I was hoping for an Obama/Edwards Ticket. I think it would have solidified the Dem presidency, regardless of the affair and all the skeletons being drug out by the right wing media. Edwards had the Unions and Blue collar America in the East.

Sigh Now Obama had to go and choose a nimrod like Biden. I dont like him,never did. He certainly doesnt represent me or my values at all. I know MP likes him and all and i can respect that , but really now, i dont see Obama winning this, Obama should have just put Hillary on the Ticket(may have been a slightly better chance there of a win).

get ready for 4 more years of a republican run disaster.

Yay TWS

Reply]
    Personally,it does not matter WHO gets in this time around, it's going to be a disaster...and has been every election since Reagan.

We are suffering from a gross ineptitude on a massive scale. It is SO bad, that anyone smart enough, and qualified enough to be President, is not Dumb enough to actually run for the job.

This leaves us with having to scrape the bottom of the barrel and voting for the least dangerous candidate.

In this case the least of the two evils is McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Are you that lost?

Edwards political career is done. He was banging a staffer while his wife was fighting cancer! That's low, even for a douche like him.

He really did not have blue-collar and union support like you think. Once the story hit about his house literally being the most expensive in his county, he lost that support. The affair ruined the small support he had left.

Had he connected to core Democrat groups like you said, he would not have finished 3rd in a 3 person race, and that was BEFORE the affair story broke.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post

Edwards political career is done. He was banging a staffer while his wife was fighting cancer! That's low, even for a douche like him.

Yeah, a lot lower than Larry Craig, oh but wait, he just uses a wide stance. I bet RD practices that stance
    Bless you

The tool that is Biden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW3ghj5HSkI

He reminds me of Richard Daley. Maybe that is why I can't stand him on a cellular level.

What he said about his own running mate was amazingly stupid.

Is he a good pick, not in my book. Tim Kaine would of been a better choice just to take his state.

wake up and smell the fascism... in god we trust, of course.

I find all this interesting since Obama is ahead in both the IEM and the intrade political markets. He is also ahead in the WSJ political market.

In fact, the WSJ has the contract price on an Obama victory at 62.5%

But hey, what do highly accurate predictive markets know

Yes, I realize all this could change and it could be wrong. But they are pretty good markets, and behavioral economics is actually pretty close to voting in an election.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    does anybody think that there is a really good chance we're going to see the next presidential assassination attempt with Obama as president?

that's honestly been the key though for me as I've been waiting to see who he picked. no matter who was on the republican side, they would have gotten my vote if THAT woman had been picked.

I like Biden simply because he has screwed up and showed real gut emotion to things at times. I agree that it at least seems as if he is what you see.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    does anybody think that there is a really good chance we're going to see the next presidential assassination attempt with Obama as president?
    if that happens, biden will choose hillary to be vice... possible. could just be bait to stir up civil unrest to give another reason to declare martial law.

I like Biden simply because he has screwed up and showed real gut emotion to things at times. I agree that it at least seems as if he is what you see.

Reply]
    Gee, just what we need, an emotional screw up running our country...

Most of the the 'experts' predicted GW Bush losing the last 2 elections. Hell, they predicted Hillary to easily win the Democratic nomination and Romney to win the Republican one. Sylvia Browne has a better hit percentage!

If Obama does not get a bounce with his VP pick and the convention, he is in big trouble. His poll numbers have been in a steady decline for awile, and he has had ALOT more media coverage than McCain. FYI, Hillary actually won the last few primary states too.