Page 43 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    That comes from her inexperience.

She was caught with a tough question and made the decision to dance around it rather than answering it fortright and screwing up with the boss.
    Like Obama does?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    That comes from her inexperience.

She was caught with a tough question and made the decision to dance around it rather than answering it fortright and screwing up with the boss.

All of us have done this from time to time. It's really no big deal. We will probably never know how she truly feels. My guess is that McCain's people are at this very moment drilling into her head answers to questions such as this.

All in all this is just a tempest in a tea pot....the election is over. Twenty years from now she will be forgotten. In any case maybe she can make the best out of her 20 minutes of fame.....I wouldn't mine seeing a Playboy spread!
    It may or may not have been a tough question, but it's one I would expect a candidate for VP to be able to answer. Especially when the question was do you agree with it, not what it was.

She was asked about the primary justification for the invasion of Iraq; the theory of preventative war when there is no attack imminent. It's also the driving force behind the current administration's foreign policy, and it's also fully supported by John McCain. The fact that she clearly didn't even know what it is...

so whats the score on this thread?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Ok ok. You guys are right.

She should have just gave an answer. Then if it did not go over well, she could just change it. You know, like Obama does.

If she is so stupid and McCain is so out of touch, why are Biden and Obama declining debates left and right?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Palin's pastor believes we are in end times and Alaska is the refuge for the saved:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twqZpUT2NQ

Palin believes her pet projects are God'S will:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_VduCWhzM

Palin's pastor belives America will be punished by God:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PizrJLV30yI

Statements from Palin's pastor:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0SFERgx6JE
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    It may or may not have been a tough question, but it's one I would expect a candidate for VP to be able to answer.
    Like Obama saying there are 58 states.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Ok ok. You guys are right.

She should have just gave an answer. Then if it did not go over well, she could just change it. You know, like Obama does.
    Oh, you mean like she did on Global Warming?

Or like McCain going from "experience" to "change"?

When is she going to tell everyone she was for the bridge to nowhere before she was against it?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-12-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Like Obama saying there are 58 states.
    Or like McCain saying Iran is training Al-Qeida cells.

You can't really believe that can you? She was against it. What has she said on the Global Warming farce?

As for her pastor, do you want to go there? Is he a racist who screwed another man's wife? I thought Obama said he appreciated McCain not questioning his 'Muslim faith'.

Is religion back in play now?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Or like McCain saying Iran is training Al-Qeida cells.
    Is that inconceivable?

Both their president and Al-Quaida say we and Israel are the root of all evil you know.

Is that inconceivable?

Both their president and Al-Quaida say we and Israel are the root of all evil you know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWf7w...eature=related

You can't really believe that can you?
    Regarding the Bridge to Nowhere?

"While running for governor in 2006, though, Palin backed federal funding for the infamous bridge, which McCain helped make a symbol of pork barrel excess."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...n-bridge_N.htm

November 2005 - Congress kills the earmark for the bridge. Alaska still received the money.

2006 - Sarah Palin runs for Governor as a supporter of the project (there is even video).

September 2007 - Sarah Palin finally halts the plan, since it was now a state project.

She still kept the money.

Oh, and she's building a road to where the bridge would have been.

"Meanwhile, Weinstein noted, the state is continuing to build a road on Gravina Island to an empty beach where the bridge would have gone -- because federal money for the access road, unlike the bridge money, would have otherwise been returned to the federal government."

http://www.adn.com/sarahpalin/story/511471.html

Is that inconceivable?

Iran is Shia. Al-Qaeda is Sunni. They don't play nice in the sandbox.

You can't really believe that can you? She was against it.
    While running for governor in September 2006, Palin assured the Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce she was all for the bridge.

“The money that’s been appropriated for the project, it should remain available for a link, an access process as we continue to evaluate the scope and just how best to just get this done,” Palin said then, according to a story in the Ketchikan Daily News. “This link is a commitment to help Ketchikan expand its access, to help this community prosper.”

“I think we’re going to make a good team as we progress that bridge project,” she told the audience.

And in a written questionnaire for the Anchorage Daily News the following month, October of 2006, Palin was asked directly, “Would you continue state funding for the proposed Knik Arm and Gravina Island bridges?”

Her answer: “Yes. I would like to see Alaska’s infrastructure projects built sooner rather than later. The window is now — while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist.”

What has she said on the Global Warming farce?
    She flip-flopped.

Is religion back in play now?
    Quid pro quo, Charise. Quid pro quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Iran is Shia. Al-Qaeda is Sunni. They don't play nice in the sandbox.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'll guarantee they hate Americans and Jews more than each other.