Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Jesus Christ! Even when shown how tax cuts bring in more money, you guys won't stop with your talking points.
    Really? Where have you offered evidence?

to answer the question about my income being taxed.

I think its fair that I pay less than people who feel they need to pay taxes.

I think its fair that sense im a single man, with no debt, and a rising savings account, its only fair that I pay less than you.

why do i think thats fair? cuz thats what I think.

Im self sufficient and dont fall prey to awful credit habbits.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I'll answer that:

If my tax dollars are going to help needy people and provide goods and services for all of us then I think 75% would be more than fair.

However if my tax dollars are going to fund the never ending war machine then 0% is fair.

I still find it amazing that you people are willing to take $100 a month away from a welfare mother who is trying to feed her children but don't blink an eye at the billion a week spent in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Really? Where have you offered evidence?
    Get real. If you can't admit that, you really have no business in this discussion.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

What are the tax breaks currently being enjoyed by big corporations today? Big oil? Where has the trickle down been so far?

Remember, thats a pretty BIG IF

-David

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    If my tax dollars are going to help needy people and provide goods and services for all of us then I think 75% would be more than fair.
    I've gotta ask, how old are you?

I ask because you could not have lived through the Carter years. The top was 70%. Do you really want double digit interest rates, unemployment, and inflation? Is waiting in line for hours for gas appealing to you?
    Last edited by 1bad65; 09-16-2008 at 10:28 AM.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I still find it amazing that you people are willing to take $100 a month away from a welfare mother who is trying to feed her children but don't blink an eye at the billion a week spent in Iraq.
    Huh?!?!

If you are under the poverty line, you pay ZERO in income taxes.

Really guys, it's not that tough

Just give a PERCENTAGE.

What is fair, in your opinion?

You can do it based on ANY criteria you want, but just come up with a number.

can anyone disagree that we are spending way to much in iraq?

does anyone here actually think the amount of money spent in iraq in the last 5 years is "FAIR"?

When the TAX MAN can be FAIR about the SPENDING then i will go above 0% until some HONESTY is employed i think its FAIR if I am EXEMPT. and since we all know HONEST will never enter the equasion....

you have my figure based on the criteria....

edit: Im american and as such I have to let the man give it to me up the ass as much as he wants for as much as he wants as often as he wants. Doesnt mean I have to think its FAIR though.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Get real. If you can't admit that, you really have no business in this discussion.
    I take it then, that you have nothing with which to back up your statement...again.

Whether or not tax cuts increase revenue is a hotly debated topic. As such, could you demonstrate the increase in revenues caused by a 1% cut? 5%? 10%?

Now, as I noted, President Reagan did cut taxes in 1981. However, he increased them in 1982 (twice), 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987. Did the tax cut increase revenues or did the tax increases?

Now, as I noted, President Reagan did cut taxes in 1981. However, he increased them in 1982 (twice), 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987. Did the tax cut increase revenues or did the tax increases?
    if i were to employ basic math....i wonder what would happen....

I've gotta ask, how old are you?

I ask because you could not have lived through the Carter years. The top was 70%. Do you really want double digit interest rates, unemployment, and inflation? Is waiting in line for hours for gas appealing to you?

corelate this

Huh?!?!

If you are under the poverty line, you pay ZERO in income taxes.
    True. One is taxed via a payroll tax. How does an income tax cut affect that?

I take it then, that you have nothing with which to back up your statement...again.
    Don't even. We all know your full of sh!t, but to say I don't back up my statements is bs. And you know it.

http://www.atr.org/content/pdf/pre2004/090101pb.pdf

pages 26, 27, 32, and 34 are the main ones.

From page 34:

Percentage of jobs created paying under $7k/yr: Carter 41.77 Reagan 6
    Percentage of jobs created paying over $28k/yr Carter -9.9 Reagan 46.1

That really says alot. It shows Carter really created tons of 'burger-flipper' jobs, while Reagan created tons of 'living-income' jobs. Oh, the dollar figures are in 1984 dollars.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 09-16-2008 at 11:51 AM.

corelate this
    The correlation is that Obama's economic plan is almost exactly what Carter did.