Page 63 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

I'll stay right here and debate with those who are doing so, most notably WD.

But I'm not just gonna ride a one-way street with you and get called names. That's pointless.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    But I'm not just gonna ride a one-way street with you and get called names. That's pointless.
    No offense, but if you don't want to be called names or insulted, don't insult or call people names.

This is true.

I don't cry when you claim I'm illiterate, or stupid or when you thank your imaginary giant in the sky that I don't live in your country. I just hammer you with your own inability to differentiate between meaningless numbers and statistically significant data and dish it back.

Idiot.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I'll stay right here and debate with those who are doing so, most notably WD.

THANK GOD!!!!!! Please reconsider I'll stay right here" too!

Hell, if I hang around here til my questions get answered, I'll never leave.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Didn't Obama say this wouldn't happen?

It started last week when the McCain-Palin campaign launched a Spanish ad that, translated, says: "[Barack] Obama and his congressional allies say they are on the side of immigrants. But are they? The press reports their efforts were 'poison pills' that made immigration reform fail. The result: No guest worker program. No path to citizenship. No secure borders. No reform. Is that being on our side? Obama and his congressional allies: Ready to block immigration reform, but not ready to lead."

This week, the Obama-Biden campaign struck back with Spanish radio and TV ads in the heavily-Latino battleground states of Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico. Translated, the TV ad says: "They want us to forget the insults we've put up with, the intolerance. They made us feel marginalized in a country we love so much. John McCain and his Republican friends have two faces. One that lies just to get our vote, and another, even worse, that continues the failed policies of George Bush that put special interests ahead of working families."

Stop the tape! The spots are hard-hitting, but only one hits the target. The McCain-Palin ad is accurate. But the Obama-Biden ad is riddled with problems.

For starters, it diverts attention away from Congress by trying to tie John McCain to conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh, whose picture appears on-screen and who stands accused of referring to "stupid and unskilled Mexicans" and telling immigrants, "You shut your mouth or you get out."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/....ad/index.html

For starters, it diverts attention away from Congress by trying to tie John McCain to conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh, whose picture appears on-screen and who stands accused of referring to "stupid and unskilled Mexicans" and telling immigrants, "You shut your mouth or you get out."
    Isn't Rush Limbaugh a republican?

Hmmm.... tying one high profile member of a political party to another high profile member of a political party in order to defame the first due to the bad reputation of the second...

Who has done that before...

Oh yeah!!!! It was 1bad65 who accused Obama of corruption for being from Chicago and a Democrat!

You really have to learn that if you can't take it you shouldn't dish it out.

Idiot crybaby.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

It started last week when the McCain-Palin campaign launched a Spanish ad that, translated, says: "[Barack] Obama and his congressional allies say they are on the side of immigrants. But are they? The press reports their efforts were 'poison pills' that made immigration reform fail. The result: No guest worker program. No path to citizenship. No secure borders. No reform. Is that being on our side? Obama and his congressional allies: Ready to block immigration reform, but not ready to lead."

This week, the Obama-Biden campaign struck back with Spanish radio and TV ads in the heavily-Latino battleground states of Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico. Translated, the TV ad says: "They want us to forget the insults we've put up with, the intolerance. They made us feel marginalized in a country we love so much. John McCain and his Republican friends have two faces. One that lies just to get our vote, and another, even worse, that continues the failed policies of George Bush that put special interests ahead of working families."

Stop the tape! The spots are hard-hitting, but only one hits the target. The McCain-Palin ad is accurate. But the Obama-Biden ad is riddled with problems.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/....ad/index.html
    If the ad is deceptive, it should be pulled down. Nor does it excuse deceptions by the McCain-Palin campaign.

This is interesting.

"Bullock and others have also shown that some refutations can strengthen misinformation, especially among conservatives.

Political scientists Brendan Nyhan and Jason Reifler provided two groups of volunteers with the Bush administration's prewar claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. One group was given a refutation -- the comprehensive 2004 Duelfer report that concluded that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction before the United States invaded in 2003. Thirty-four percent of conservatives told only about the Bush administration's claims thought Iraq had hidden or destroyed its weapons before the U.S. invasion, but 64 percent of conservatives who heard both claim and refutation thought that Iraq really did have the weapons. The refutation, in other words, made the misinformation worse.

A similar "backfire effect" also influenced conservatives told about Bush administration assertions that tax cuts increase federal revenue. One group was offered a refutation by prominent economists that included current and former Bush administration officials. About 35 percent of conservatives told about the Bush claim believed it; 67 percent of those provided with both assertion and refutation believed that tax cuts increase revenue.

In a paper approaching publication, Nyhan, a PhD student at Duke University, and Reifler, at Georgia State University, suggest that Republicans might be especially prone to the backfire effect because conservatives may have more rigid views than liberals: Upon hearing a refutation, conservatives might "argue back" against the refutation in their minds, thereby strengthening their belief in the misinformation. Nyhan and Reifler did not see the same "backfire effect" when liberals were given misinformation and a refutation about the Bush administration's stance on stem cell research."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...402375_pf.html

For those of you too stupid to realize this; Rush Limbaugh is not a McCain supporter by any stretch. He encouraged his listeners to vote for any other candidate other than him in the primaries.

>>>>NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President Bush and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson on Friday outlined a series of far-reaching steps - likely to cost hundreds of billions of dollars - aimed at stemming a widening financial crisis that is roiling the financial markets and undermining confidence in the banking system.<<<<

Not just no but HELL NO!

This ends here. Hundred of billions to throw good money after bad......

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    If the ad is deceptive, it should be pulled down. Nor does it excuse deceptions by the McCain-Palin campaign.
    And the Obama ad is also playing on the politics of race. Deceptions? Even CNN admits the McCain ad was accurate.

Dont forget

Well I'm against the bailouts. Obama is for them.

For those of you too stupid to realize this; Rush Limbaugh is not a McCain supporter by any stretch. He encouraged his listeners to vote for any other candidate other than him in the primaries.
    So, he's urging his listeners to vote for Obama, Barr or Paul now?

And the Obama ad is also playing on the politics of race. Deceptions? Even CNN admits the McCain ad was accurate.
    The deceptions to which I was referring are the lipstick on a pig donnybrook, the Bridge to Nowhere, teaching sex-ed to kindergarteners, Obama's tax plan, etc.