Page 94 of 194 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    GLW - I know as a fact that there have been attempts made that never ended up in the news. Our single biggest factor in our defense is the stunning stupidity demonstrated by the perps and the fact that our folks now, at least, have one eye open.
    Really? You know as a fact? Could you please list some of these attempts?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I don't know about you but I don't hide inside my house wondering that if I go outside if the terrorist will get me!......and if they cut the military budget it won't change my feeling one way or the other.

However if you are afraid to walk out of your house maybe you can get some local martial artists to bodyguard for ya.
    Aren't you guy the guy prepping for Armageddon?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Really? You know as a fact? Could you please list some of these attempts?
    Why even ask.

You know his answers 'wont count' or you'll say more would have been foiled under a liberal Administration.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Why even ask.

You know his answers 'wont count' or you'll say more would have been foiled under a liberal Administration.
    Actually, no. I would like to learn about these attacks and how he knows about them without any news reports. Especially, how he knows them for a fact.

I'll play.

Where is this "worker's utopia" located? What's the climate like? Who is the mayor? Is it a city? A state? A province? What's the life expectancy there? Who are the major employers there?
    You haven't even read the Coles Notes version of anything by Marx have you 1bigmoron?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    You haven't even read the Coles Notes version of anything by Marx have you 1bigmoron?
    Nope. I have no interest in reading what that fool had to say. I just know that Marxism has failed everywhere it's been tried.

Is that good enough for you, SimonMoron?

Well that explains alot

Looks like Barney Frank had another reason to lie about Fannie Mae:

"Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank’s efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank’s partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency’s push to relax lending restrictions.

Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank's relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie’s assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,432501,00.html

Looks like borrowers weren't the only ones taking it in the ____.

Nope. I have no interest in reading what that fool had to say. I just know that Marxism has failed everywhere it's been tried.

Is that good enough for you, SimonMoron?
    No, it's not good enough for me you Ayn Rand worshipping troglodite. But I live in hope that this little exchange has demonstrated to you how fvcking annoying and devoid of content your method of debate is.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    No, it's not good enough for me you Ayn Rand worshipping troglodite. But I live in hope that this little exchange has demonstrated to you how fvcking annoying and devoid of content your method of debate is.
    Never read her books either. Speaking of content, where has Marxism worked?

Well thank God you're Canadian and can't vote in this election. On second thought, maybe ACORN can help you vote several times in this election.

I love this "I know for a fact ...did not make the news..." line that crops up so often.

We have the atrocity on civil liberties labeled Fatherland - opps, I mean Homeland Security..and an administration that has taken literally every opportunity to tout their efforts to thwart the terrorists...

So much so that each example they have published in the media has been an example of stupidity on the part of the one arrested...and an example of how unnecessary the provisions in the homeland security lawas were unnecessary...

Not to mention the argument that the only people the Homeland laws have been used against so far have not been terrorists but people who were protesting or outspoken against this administration.

But, HAD there been good examples of people caught plotting anything because of Homeland security...the administration and their lapdog, Fox news, would have been shouting it all from the rooftops... Hear any shouting?

Vigilance on common sense things has made a bigger difference than HS.... and WOULD have made a bigger difference pre-911...had the Bushies even listened when they were told more than once about Al Qaeda and their threat...the warnings that were there before the attack...and all....well documented...but totally ignored by such right wing fascists and neocons.

In fact, had the information and laws on the books been used BEFORE 9/11, it can be very ably argued that those attacks could have been averted.... but that would have required a competent administration that was focused on their job and NOT on gutting things like their political enemies in the Justice Department.

And you want 4 or 8 more years of that?

Then you have the statistical fact that McCain has had multiple melanomas. The last one in 2000 was either a class 2 or 3. The medical procedures used are typical of class 3 - the worse of the two...

And then you look at surviors of such melanomas...for class 3 of that type, 38% are still alive 10 years later. That combined with McCain's age and the actuarial tables for life expectancy...

Add it all together and there is a greater than 50% likelihood that McCain's VP will be a president by death... So...is she REALLY what anyone wants as the president?

lol.

It's a dilemma to be sure.

Good luck America.

nobody likes a tyrant, except for ignoramuses who can't spot one I suppose.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"McCain's advisers say the Arizona senator will ramp up his attacks in the coming days with a tougher, more focused message describing "who Obama is," including questioning his character," - AP

Wow!....What a surprise!

You know let forget the presidency for a moment - Can anyone here even begin to guess as to the numbler of seat in congress the democrats will get......Is 75% possible? Doubtful but who knows!

Hi 1bad65, I noticed that you are not impressed by Marxism.
    To tell the truth I don't like any "ism's" much myself.
    Though are you aware that in the U.S. Life expectancy is going down, infant death is going up...in fact Americans are apparently shrinking in height.
    I think you should be concerned!

i just saw this funny interview with matt damon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk&NR=1
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.