Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: poll: who is the best wing chun practioner youve seen?

otay...

I thought this thread was about who is the best you have seen?? Seems to have turned into yet another pi$$ing match

FWIW As a loyalist, I'll have to say my own Sifu Joseph Man who was taught by Lee Shing. If you're on Facebook, here he is showing some 'water' element (being the Avatar that he is!!)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...=1449828439884
    Also one of his students is uploading clips on Youtube too...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/enjun713.../0/34pZgA-aq8I

I also heard crazy stories about Joseph Chengs speed and power!

Some bros were quite formidable in my day too, like Barry Lewis and Tony Marsh, both also having learnt from Simon Lau and Wai Po Tang.

From outside the family, I like Anton Thomas' style, Gary McKenzie and James Sinclair have all given their time to promote Wing Chun over the years in the UK! Also Master Wong is an eccentric character and produces some good looking DVDs too...
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 09-03-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Yeah, I heard Simon Lau and Wai Po Tang were really good though secretive about showing their best stuff, and I have to say I got a Wai Po Wing Chun tape maybe 10 years back that was really disappointing. I guess he didn't want to show any of his technique on tape, or didn't want his rivals to see his moves.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

The best wing chun practicioner i've seen in person is the master of my organization named Jeff Webb his hands are so fast u cant even see them, and you would never guess it from seeing him in person. I am also fond of Duncan Leung's stuff and Eddie Chong

There's a guy in London called Simon Lau, I think he's probably the best I've ever seen.
    This is my Dad, he works in an abattoir...

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Jin Ken View Post
    my instructors (nobody famous) augustine fong, eddie chong, and david grados top my list.
    my current sifu, duncan leung, phillip brayer, wong nim yi (in no particular order)
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    LOL! WSL vs WSL!

PB is correct - understanding the genius of WCK should just take an afternoon -but practicing and perfecting will take a lifetime.

70%, I don't know the context in what he speaks of. If you apply it right, you've hit 100%. So perhaps PB is being humble.

"Total package" is right - you have WSL/PB, Beeny has WSL/Barry Lee, David Petersen has WSL/DP, others have other blends - all packaged.

Hawkins once said to me, "Many create wing chun patterns to sell,
    but wing chun has no pattern.
    Many sell their patterns as wing chun,
    but wing chun is beyond these patterns.
    Real wing chun is formless.
    We create patterns based upon our opponent's pattern.
    We study forms to reach a formless state.
    When one has reached a high level in wing chun,
    one discovers the variations in timing
    and changes in position that are possible in application.
    In Chinese, we call this bien faat—variations or changes.
    How many spend the time and research to develop
    their wing chun to this point?"

That is in the Kuen Po I pass down to my students.
    very nice post and very true...
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

I don't follow the point of this thread. My bad.

sifu's

the three best practioners i have ever seen were of course my father ( who is my sifu) sifu miquel hernandez of moy yat ving tsun and of course my fathers sifu my sigung jason lau, who used his wing chun on the streets of flatbush avenue in new york in the 70's and early 80's

you should hears sigung's stories sheesh, i love hearing him tell them,he's a trip!
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    the three best practioners i have ever seen were of course my father ( who is my sifu) sifu miquel hernandez of moy yat ving tsun and of course my fathers sifu my sigung jason lau, who used his wing chun on the streets of flatbush avenue in new york in the 70's and early 80's

you should hears sigung's stories sheesh, i love hearing him tell them,he's a trip!
    My sifu is freinds with Jason Lau from when he first started teaching in Brooklyn, back in the day. I have heard some great stories about Sifu Lau from my sifu as well.
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

stories

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    My sifu is freinds with Jason Lau from when he first started teaching in Brooklyn, back in the day. I have heard some great stories about Sifu Lau from my sifu as well.
    pm me dude i would love to talk to you
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post

I'd love to hear his stories too!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Sifu Brebos William's Cheung student.
    Wing-chun.ws - techniques, movies, videos and "Your articles and videos"

casualplanting

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Lots of folks will list their sifu and/or their sigung. Plus, there are experience differences in
    who really has seen what when and how.

joy chaudhuri
    You are just upset because no one said your name.

This thread should have been titled, "Whose chi sao do you like better since that is all wc people do"?

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson View Post
    you are just upset because no one said your name.

This thread should have been titled, "whose chi sao do you like better since that is all wc people do"?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    troll!