Hello, I have a few points that I would like to discuss with any Chinese Boxing practitioners that would care to contribute. As you may or may not know, Chinese Boxing has come under a lot of negative attention lately since it was revealed that the majority of so-called "kung fu" schools in the United States are fraudulent and teach only sport "wushu" that is useless for fighting. These same schools teach only "flowering hands and embroidered legs", and get humiliated by the non-traditional brawlers and wrestlers who practice a less developed art, but against resisting opponents in real competition. The meaning of "traditional" has come to mean "point sparring nonsense" in this country. In reality, Traditional Chinese Boxing refers to the practice of Fajin in various systems. Fajin is an action/concept. It means "to issue power". Various methods of generating rotational and connected hitting power and leverage are used, using concepts that involve kinematic chains (sequence of joint actions) and shifting/launching of the weight into strikes, involving very clear and identifiable physics concepts that always result in far greater power being generated than would otherwise be possible. It is a mechanism; when done correctly, it will work every time. There is no "mystical, magical chi/ki/voodoo" that makes it work. I know that the existence of "chi" has been documented (read Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's books on the subject) scientifically, but in this country it is a misnomer. "Chi" is used as a mystical "buzz word" for generating sales in our money hungry society, and has been abused so much that the entire concept will get nothing but a round of laughs from most full contact fighters. Therefore, I would like to limit this conversation to the scientific aspects of the Fajin concepts. Some boxers have developed certain Jin patterns that they use to great effect against their opponents; mostly they have learned to use rotational hitting power. Then again, I have seen some boxers that are arm punchers, and after 45 minutes (15 rounds) of pounding on an opponent, only manage to give him a few bruises. This is not right. (continued)