Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    *ahem* Please your own newspaper from 2004:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m...0/31/ixop.html

Your foolish laws made big news over here due to the rise in home invasions as a result of home owners being prosecuted for defending their own homes.
    That is an editorial opinion piece written by an american, with very few substantiated facts, not a native news article. What rise in home invasions and what cases? I can think of very few, and even the writer could only come up with one. The others deal with people being arrested, which is different entirely. As it says, we have the same laws in place regarding self defence as we had in 1967. That stupid "reasonable force" clause is what defines self defence. Does the author think it's OK to shoot someone who shoves you????
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

In fact I just checked, burglary fell 59% between 1995 and 2007.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Actually, the law about the use of force changed to what you describe about a year or two ago.

It WAS the way I described it before...and that was when I had the officer's statement...

Houston...yep...that case finally got out of court. It was strange. The homeowner chose to confront the bad guys...and he was on the phone with 911 and said some rather incriminating things.

I am on the fence on that one.. . I have neighbors who would check out a prowler at my home ARMED were no one home...and with my thanks I might add. However, they would probably NOT kill the bad guy... They are good enough shots and have seen combat so they would most likely shoot to disable and let the cops deal with the rest...of course their disable means DISABLED

On the firearms issue, gun crime in the UK last year was the lowest since 2000. Of all offences half were criminal damage with air rifles Of the rest a quarter were threats with a replica. 59 people were killed by firearms in 2006-2007, that's one person in a million. I really don't think there's anything to sneer at there, and incidentally that figure has remained relatively static since the mid 70's, there has been no increase in gun related murders since either of the revisions of the gun laws as Mas Judt and the author imply.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    Actually, the law about the use of force changed to what you describe about a year or two ago.

It WAS the way I described it before...and that was when I had the officer's statement...

Houston...yep...that case finally got out of court. It was strange. The homeowner chose to confront the bad guys...and he was on the phone with 911 and said some rather incriminating things.

I am on the fence on that one.. . I have neighbors who would check out a prowler at my home ARMED were no one home...and with my thanks I might add. However, they would probably NOT kill the bad guy... They are good enough shots and have seen combat so they would most likely shoot to disable and let the cops deal with the rest...of course their disable means DISABLED
    I'm more worried about when Jose gets ****ed off at Chuck cause he was messing around with Tameka. "Naw Officer, we didn't have no beef. I caught him trying to break in next door and shot him when he came at me." SOMEWHERE, there has to be a line. The question is, where is that line drawn?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    SOMEWHERE, there has to be a line. The question is, where is that line drawn?
    In Florida, isn't it when someone looks at you funny?

Who needs "Castle Doctrine" when you can "Stand your ground!"

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1116246912951

Looks like the NRA approves, too. They see it as a "National Model."
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    If somebody breaks into my home and I make it to my .9 mm i'm taking them out then asking questions later. If they arrest me then so be it but I'll make sure I have the best attorney around.

in texas its legal to defend your hiome. plus in any court of law i think it would stand up. they pointed a gun at her threatening to kill her. they just got unlucky. good for her. homeowners need more power like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Yeah, this is a clear cut case of self defence. There was an obvious and real threat to them and they reacted appropriately. No real grey here. They only said probably in the statement because it's tricky talking in absolutes about an evolving situation.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Another thread of

INTERNET OUTRAGE! SOMEBODY CALL THE CARE POLICE!

I am also worried about all the duma$$e$ out there who buy a gun for home protection and don't know jack about ammo and what happens.

Ok..so a guy has a handgun... he uses it at home and shoots at the guy in his house. The bullet hits the bad guy's heart...but goes through him, the wall, the neighbors wall, and hits their cat sleeping on the other side of the house on a bookshelf...or worse, a sleeping child.... all because the guy who owns the gun doesn't know about how far and through how much his bullet with the load he has chosen will go. muzzle velocity can be a muther

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    That is an editorial opinion piece... with very few substantiated facts... What rise in home invasions and what cases? I can think of very few, and even the writer could only come up with one. The others deal with people being arrested, which is different entirely. As it says, we have the same laws in place regarding self defence as we had in 1967. That stupid "reasonable force" clause is what defines self defence. Does the author think it's OK to shoot someone who shoves you????
    In fact I just checked, burglary fell 59% between 1995 and 2007.
    On the firearms issue, gun crime in the UK last year was the lowest since 2000. Of all offences half were criminal damage with air rifles Of the rest a quarter were threats with a replica. 59 people were killed by firearms in 2006-2007, that's one person in a million. I really don't think there's anything to sneer at there, and incidentally that figure has remained relatively static since the mid 70's, there has been no increase in gun related murders since either of the revisions of the gun laws as Mas Judt and the author imply.
    Mas Judt is now wearing women's panties.

BTW, the fact that the Telegraph is little more than a tabloid rag and reactionary to boot, and the elderly women who shot at the gang of youths surrounding her was using an .22 air gun and not a cap gun toy is beside the point (meaning one of the two 'real stories' this 'writer' mentioned was factually inaccurate). She had the right to defend herself too but without adequate knowledge of your weapon or even common sense she was lucky not to have been killed.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan