Thread: Shaolin Staff Forms

Hybrid View

Shaolin Staff Forms

I recently came across three staff forms known as Wind Staff, Wind Demon Staff and Magic Staff, does anyone have any info. about these forms??

I have one of them in a book now where is it ?? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I have one of them in a book now where is it ?? KC

Magic staff is super famous. I learned it as " Shaolin enchanted staff ". It has to be as famous as 9 continents.

I also learned it with a spear, and that it should be done with a long pole and only after you get the key form of the style. I think it's tong bei in mantis. It's usually Yi Lu in Longfist or whatever the systems first form really expressing the nature of the style is.

What were you wondering about the forms exactly?
    Last edited by iron_leg_dave; 09-11-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: wrote "then* key" instead of "the key"
    "Siezing oppurtunities causes them to multiply" Sun Tze

What about yinshougun?

Shaolin Kung Fu Wind Demon Staff is available on VHS.

Here's some other staff discussions:
    yin shou gun
    Famous Shaolin Staff techniques
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thank You

Shaolin Enchanted staff ,HUH?? I will check into the Wind Demon Staff Set offered by MAM.com to see if it is the same.

Hi all,

I was wondering about the * Ferocious Enchanted Staff * of the acient Shaolin monks.

I have this book for a long while, and practice it for 2 years, but i get the feeling that most transitions are not good, how they are after eachother in the book.

Dr. Leung Ting bought this book as he tells in the into of the book as a teenager for a few Hong Kong dollars at the market from a used-book store.

He said that it was * rearranged bi him *

Each time when I do the form I get all mixed up, and some body parts get stuck in some posture.

Any know knows more about this staff, ( I know that Shi Heng Jun is a master in the Wind and Magic staff, but never came to find out more )

I have feeling that what he practiced is different then this book.

I hope someone has a video of it, i searched for a long while, but came up with nothing.

Peace Eugene

I use a 8,5 feet pole for practice, a rat, tail ...