Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to do the full splits

im happy just being able to kick people in the head, i dont plan to go any further than that.

if they're super tall, ill jump
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    im happy just being able to kick people in the head, i dont plan to go any further than that.

if they're super tall, ill jump
    I don't kick people in the head anymore, the last time I did I knocked their head right off their neck.
    Made a mess on my shoes.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I don't kick people in the head anymore, the last time I did I knocked their head right off their neck.
    Made a mess on my shoes.
    LOL

well, its tough, either you kick their head off, or you put your fist through their face. i guess hands wash easier than shoes.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

LOL

well, its tough, either you kick their head off, or you put your fist through their face. i guess hands wash easier than shoes.
    Its why I started training Iron Palm, now I hit people and their insides disintegrate and the outside remains the same, no mess and no fuss !!
    Sure if I put too much chi into it it may kill everyone in a 1 mile radius, but killing innocent people is a risk I am willing to take.

Its why I started training Iron Palm, now I hit people and their insides disintegrate and the outside remains the same, no mess and no fuss !!
    Sure if I put too much chi into it it may kill everyone in a 1 mile radius, but killing innocent people is a risk I am willing to take.
    rofl...man, i need to start your IP program

rofl...man, i need to start your IP program
    Careful what you wish for....

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Your just jealous that you can't do the splits. So your saying all men gymnists are gay?

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Your just jealous that you can't do the splits. So your saying all men gymnists are gay?
    Yes, yes I am.

Yes, yes I am.
    yes you are jealous, or yes you think male gymnasts are gay?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    yes you are jealous, or yes you think male gymnasts are gay?
    Yes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Oh no he doesn't!

I'd say it's a lot more useful than a back handspring:

The related moves being any that use the thigh crease muscles, i.e. any kick and most punches, plus things like basing out in submission fighting.

Although, having said that I don't really agree it should be part of everyone's regular programme (and I have no plans to include it in mine)... I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say some degree more flexibility would be nice though.
    as I said, more flexibility is a wonderful thing, but the ability to do the splits is not necessary. basing out, head kicking and various submissions can all be done whether you can do the splits or not
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    as I said, more flexibility is a wonderful thing, but the ability to do the splits is not necessary. basing out, head kicking and various submissions can all be done whether you can do the splits or not
    When I was doing TKD and going for my BB is was almost obsessed with doing the splits, I was able to do front, side even suspended.
    Did **** for my overall fighting, but forms looked great.

so at what point did you decide to stop being teh gay

All of you, enough of your trying to connect splits and gay stuff, you understand I don't want Gene shutting down this thread before monkeyfoot comes back with the video he promised us.

Quote Originally Posted by zhugeliang View Post
    All of you, enough of your trying to connect splits and gay stuff, you understand I don't want Gene shutting down this thread before monkeyfoot comes back with the video he promised us.
    lol

i promise ill quit, i swear.

i cant say anything for that other guy though