Thread: weakness and strength of southern styles

Blog Entries

weakness and strength of southern styles

I wanted this thread to be different, not the typical "my style is the best".

Every experienced martial artist knows that there are no superior style. Every style has it's inherit strengths and weaknessees. I started this thread to discuss what the strengths and weaknesses are in the different southern styles in order to learn from each other. After all it's individual the martial artist that win fights, not systems or styles. There are always amazing and poor sifus in all styles.

Just wondering what weaknesses do you guys who practice hakka/south fist and Choy Lee Fut styles perceive in the wing chun system? and how they could possibly be improved upon?

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    I wanted this thread to be different, not the typical "my style is the best".

Every experienced martial artist knows that there are no superior style. Every style has it's inherit strengths and weaknessees. I started this thread to discuss what the strengths and weaknesses are in the different southern styles in order to learn from each other. After all it's individual the martial artist that win fights, not systems or styles. There are always amazing and poor sifus in all styles.

Just wondering what weaknesses do you guys who practice hakka/south fist and Choy Lee Fut styles perceive in the wing chun system? and how they could possibly be improved upon?
    It sounds corny, but its not the system, but the person that needs improving.

Not everyone is suited for any style.

-jo

Jo

Whats the difference between a system and a style ..? for U

Whats a Method ?

I agree with you

but its not the system, but the person that needs improving.

Not everyone is suited for any style.

Steeeve