Thread: Richard La Plante

Richard La Plante

MANTIS ~ My friend passed this book on to me. It is a murder mystery thriller in which the killer uses Preying Mantis Kung Fu on his victims . I have not read it yet. Have any of you??

More to come........

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    MANTIS ~ My friend passed this book on to me. It is a murder mystery thriller in which the killer uses Preying Mantis Kung Fu on his victims . I have not read it yet. Have any of you??

More to come........

More about it here
    Philadelphia is plagued by a series of psychosexual killings that will repulse and engross readers of this slightly over-the-edge thriller about a martial artist gone mad. Scruffy homicide Lt. Bill Fogarty gets nowhere on the case until smooth Joey Tanaka, a young half-American assistant medical examiner (and All-Japan Championship karate finalist), identifies wounds on an art student/stripper victim as typical of Praying Mantis Kung Fu--a karate style based on the insect's attack moves. La Plante's unbalanced half-Vietnamese villain seeks perfection by mimicking the mantis's deadly mating ritual: he sexually attacks his victims, male and female, before savagely doing them in.
    LOL...I know I could only identify cck tcpm wounds
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

I knew praying mantis kung fu was a form of Karate!
    That was the vietnamese dude's biggest mistake. His lack of balance. It is obvious his karate teacher didn't make him practice crane stances on the plum flower poles.