Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas to develop strength

[QUOTE=Almost A Ghost;882812]Everyday I try to do a 1000 punches.

1. Siu Nim Tao three times
    2. 500 Punches broke down into 5 sets, I count every 4 punch to my mind thinks it's doing less
    Siu Nim Tao one time
    3. 500 Punches
    4. Siu Nim Tao three more times

this sounds good...

but can u explain wat sets of punches u do.

And Siu Nim Tao, that I remember is the wing chun form. am I correct?

kettle bells

Quote Originally Posted by bigsam View Post
    this sounds good...

but can u explain wat sets of punches u do.

And Siu Nim Tao, that I remember is the wing chun form. am I correct?
    Just the standard Wing Chun vertical straight punch from the wu-sao (guard). Left, right, left, right...etc. But I count every fourth punch so the count goes "left, right, left, right" as 1. So instead of counting to 100 I only count to 25 and just do that 10 times.

My instructor also told me of punching 1, then 1-2, then 1-2-3, all the way to 10 (55 punches when added together). You could start each set of 1 with the hand that's in the wu-sao or relax the punching hand into the lead guard and then start the count again from that lead hand. e.g. Left, Left-right, right-left-right, right-left-right-left, left-right-left-right-left, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost A Ghost View Post
    My instructor also told me of punching 1, then 1-2, then 1-2-3, all the way to 10 (55 punches when added together). You could start each set of 1 with the hand that's in the wu-sao or relax the punching hand into the lead guard and then start the count again from that lead hand. e.g. Left, Left-right, right-left-right, right-left-right-left, left-right-left-right-left, etc.
    This punching pattern was taught to me during my stint at a TWC school in Calgary, Alberta (Brian Lewadny's club) to get the hands to work independently. I still like it and show it.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels