View Poll Results: Do you support the resolution as stated?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let's block these **** politial threads.

16 69.57%
  • No, I like arguing about politics.

7 30.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Sign the Petition to Ban Political Threads

I like Voltaire so much I visited his Tomb in the Pantheon Crypts in Paris.
    That dude had a solid head on his shoulders...unlike most politicians. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

What a bunch of whiny babies this place has become. I remember when the only thing getting banned around this place was Neal Cameron.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Yup, this has become the modern Wu shu of Kung Fu forums al right.

Why ban political threads anyway? We need "Something" to talk about now that every possible Kung fu topic ha been discussed to death 3 times over.

Whereas the main forum is for the purpose of off topic (non-martial arts) subjects, and whereas no one is forced to read or respond to any thread they don't want to and whereas the avoidance of subjects that make us uncomfortable can lead to closed mindedness and narrow thinking, I say the only threads thats should be banned are threads that seek to ban other threads...except for threads that seek to ban other threads that are seeking to ban threads!

agreed,
    no more politics,

I suppose that also means no more chest beating or lineage arguments, no more discussion of values or how our practice affects the rest of our lives or the world.

I did vote yes above, it would be nice to not accidently read some of the stuff i've seen people post on here
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    I did vote yes above, it would be nice to not accidently read some of the stuff i've seen people post on here
    Accidentally reading something? Is that sort of like accidentally pregnant?

Or is it a little known symptom of dyslexia? You know, when you read something and before you realize you are reading it you have already finished reading it?

Kleptolexia, maybe?
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Yup, this has become the modern Wu shu of Kung Fu forums al right.
    Hardly, there's plenty of namby pamby weak ass fu forums out there. I believe you're a member of one or two of them...aren't you! confess!!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i voted no because:

i don't have the interest to do the research that some people here will do on the political stuff.

of the few people in this world i respect, most of them are martial artists.

so, i will listen to the people on this forum more readily than i will others, even if i don't agree with them.

so, i think there is a decent educational impact from the political threads here as there must be on the many other specialized forums out there that also allow the political threads.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Ttt
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!

Greetings,

If we are to ban political threads, then we must bring back blooming lotus and ego extroadinaire.
    This is a package deal.

When the GW gets on TV and lies to us about what in going on in wall street and its supposed ramifications, we need to stay awake as much as possible.

mickey

On the other hand... I'd love 1bad65 to get a big dose of STFU. He's possibly the single most obnoxious poster in the history of KFM, and that includes Ego Extrordinaire.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

unfortunately, politics are everywhere, we do not live in a vacuum.

if there are 2 persons, we may go separate ways.

but if there is the third person or more,

he or she will be swayed or lobbied to one or the other side.

--

Since JW proposed a bill to rescue failing banks and financial institutions,

the house/congress voted the bill out.

--

the market dropped worse than 911

--

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    On the other hand... I'd love 1bad65 to get a big dose of STFU.
    You mean you get tired of a poster who derides everyone else as horrible debaters, but believes he voted for John F. Kennedy ten years before he was born?

Quick impression of 1bad on a date:

1bad: Do you love me?

Date: Um, let's take it slow, who knows, you seem okay. How about we order some pasta?

1bad: Sure. There, I answered your question, now care to answer question#1?

Date: I bet you I can pick my meal before you pick yours.

1bad: How about we bet that Obama makes a new tax specifically for thalidomide babies?

Date: What babies?

1bad: Thalidomide babies, you know, those kids whose moms took thalidomide, and it made them have tiny little arms.

Date: Is something wrong with your contacts?

1bad: No, why?

Date: Are you epileptic?

1bad: Pardon?

Hey, that's an insult to epileptics.
    Simon McNeil