Thread: List of Chan family lineage CLF sifus/masters/grandmasters?

List of Chan family lineage CLF sifus/masters/grandmasters?

Hello,

Can someone please tell me if there are any CLF instructors of the Chan family lineage in addition to Grandmaster Doc Fai Wong?

Grandmaster Wong is perhaps the most well known in the states(from what I have been told), but many CLF schools listed on the web do not always explain what branch they are. Or they list Hung Sing or Buk Sing lineage..but it seems there is a dearth of instructors who teach Chan lineage.

Anyone? Thanks.

LTN

Who know???

its not whos right its whos left

Steeve

There are Chan Family instructors in North America.

If you want to PM me with your location, I'd be happy to try and help.

There used to be a website with all of the Chan Family Instructors that were certified under Chen Yong Fa in North America, but I can't seem to locate it anymore.

Direct Decendant Sifu Ng Fu Hang (grandson of 3rd inheritor Chan Yui Chi
    www.choyleefut-us.co (Los Angles Area)

Quote Originally Posted by seisei View Post
    Direct Decendant Sifu Ng Fu Hang (grandson of 3rd inheritor Chan Yui Chi
    www.choyleefut-us.co (Los Angles Area)
    That's a bad link.

.com

Try:

www.choyleefut-us.com

Regards

What would make it "chan family" lineage?
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sung29 View Post
    Thanks.
    That worked great!

Chan Family CLF

Try Master Ngan Cho Keong in San Francisco's Chinatown:

8 Old Chinatown Lane
    415-788-6933

I do not have a website.

Chan Family CLF

I forgot to mention that Master Ngan Cho Keong's father is Ngan Wan Lung and grandfather is Ngan Yiu Ting, who is the same generation (3rd) as Chan Yiu Chi (see Seisei's yesterday's posting).

When I was at chinatown, I couldn't find 8 Old Chinatown Lane. There is a grocery in that direction.

It is an alley that crosses either Washington or Clay Street. It is between Grant Avenue and Stockton Street (I think closer to Stockton) and the alley becomes a dead end. The building does not advertise kung-fu. You have to call in advance or ring the door bell.

MMM, the first direction I tried was Washington, because my GPS said this is the new name of Old Chinatown Lane, but I also tried the alley, only chinese characters and no tourists. I looked for CLF characters but couldn't find it. After that I visited Hop Sing , Sun Yat Sen museum and some restaurants asking for Ngan Cho Keong, but I had no answers. May be my cantonese is as bad as my english.

As of last year he was located there. I had dropped by before going to the Gee Tuck celebration last year around May. I had called first to get his business hours. He is still listed in the yellow pages (415-788-6933) at 8 old Chinatown Lane and advistised in the Martial Arts section as Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu.

Last year, I just went to check to see what the Chan Family lineage look like. Sifu Ngan was very nice and courteous. I remember Sifu Frank (HSKWarrior) posting here that he seen Sifu Ngan and his students practicing at Portsmith Square early in the mornings.

Sifu Ngan's school is still there (just went by ) kind of dark inside no one practicing at that moment, but there was equiptment still in there,in addition if you come to sf see sifu Frank, if someone or something is going on in sf chinatown he will definitley have up to date knowledge of it, probably even walk you there .It is a dead end alley off of Washington st (just below Stockton st. across from Spofford Alley
    M
    Last edited by seisei; 09-26-2008 at 03:44 PM.