Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I love MMA or My training right now

Why I love MMA or My training right now

Wake up... oatmeal or 5 eggs (two yellow)

Get to the beach: kick the gnarled palm tree five times, low roundhouse light. Really light with the left. Sometimes 70-percent front kicks. (Karate influence)

Surf.

Beach-side lunch: whire rice with abuchuela (beans mixed with pumkin, pork), porkchop, fried bananas and coco frio (called coconut cut open, drink natures filtered water)

Talk to some people for work

Home nap

Wake up: Go to boxing for two hours (3-5) ... (too new to leave an influence yet).

Surf.

Eat dinner. With no TV relax, do some reading, online, work.

This is today's schedule. Tues, fri.I do BJJ, which isn't until after sundown. So my morning surf is extended and my nap longer. (BJJ changing my life, my Physical being. My sensei told my dad when I wa slittle I'm going to make this kid fly. I got lost for a few years but I almost feel like that kid again. Some work to do on my kicks. To get them where I think they should be at this stage in my life, in this condition)

Did some drills with a guy last night and I still have my master's hands. Like they never went away. That was reassuring. I hear my master's voice all the time. Like when going to buy a Jeep yesterday, him always saying, "I want the good stuff and I want it cheep."... left without Jeep.

Living learning.... fighting in a kick boxing venue (closed headgear, boxing gloves and chin guards) Oct. 18th. This will reveal a lot about many discussions here the past week.

I truly believe if a traditional karate guy steps in front of me right now I will eat him alive... or get thrown out for the flying knee I'm throwing opening bell wether its legal or not. That's what penalties are for, right? Penalize me. I've been training it. Think its the most powerful move in unarmed fighting right now... aggressive, safe. Forcing retreat or a very athletic finding of opening, reading of balance and momentum for a catch and throw, or a dive and leg to balls. I'lll take that risk. Another thing revealed in BJJ (my coach hates it I love it) is that I'll go for it with a **** it attitude. And if the guy is better. which my coach is, I get caught in ****. But if he's better he'll catch me anyway so **** it.

Peace

Glad life is working out for you Ray.

good luck on your coming fight dood.
    show no mercy! crush your enemy and take his womans!!!!!! waaaagh

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

ten thousand years!
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

What a waste. All a Kung Fu dude has to do is walk up, smack with a lil chi, or poke you in the eye, and you're done, Buddy. All that time spent for nothing
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    What a waste.
    nothing is wasted. his intent is to better his practice and training... seems to be doing more than the rest of the population of armchair martial artists... despite the avenues, all paths lead to the same goal... perfection of being.
    All a Kung Fu dude has to do is walk up, smack with a lil chi, or poke you in the eye, and you're done, Buddy.
    what if the kung fu dude is having a bad day? murphy's law does tend to manifest on occasions.
    All that time spent for nothing.
    the only wasted time is time spent without intent... nothing seems to be wasted here.

Whatever, Uki. The guy's training a SPORT for Pete's sake. How can he expect to fare against someone who's been trained to kill? It's like bringing a football to a gun fight, it doesn't even compare.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not waterdragon.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Whatever, Uki.
    whatever is right.
    The guy's training a SPORT for Pete's sake.
    and people tell me that juggling is for clowns... your point? practice is practice... intent is the key.
    How can he expect to fare against someone who's been trained to kill?
    people who surf can't be trained to kill? don't be naive... even killers can have recreational sports as training methods.
    It's like bringing a football to a gun fight, it doesn't even compare.
    throw the football hard enough and with aim and you'll school a gunslinger anyday.

You're missing the point. Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but just the virtue of good ol internal training makes the Kung Fu guy superior to the MMA guy. Look at it this way, you can contemplate your bellybutton all day, and get some benefit, but it's nothing compared to the time spent actually going out there and actually showing people your belly button. See what I'm saying?

You're missing the point.
    highly doubtful... but i will let you have your opinion.
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but just the virtue of good ol internal training makes the Kung Fu guy superior to the MMA guy.
    then again it depends on the guy.
    Look at it this way, you can contemplate your bellybutton all day, and get some benefit, but it's nothing compared to the time spent actually going out there and actually showing people your belly button.
    if you show everyone your bellybutton... there will be no secret or suprise... people will simply expect a bellybutton.
    See what I'm saying?
    apparently you are to attached to your bellybutton.

internal training is great.

great power, great structure, health, etc...many benefits...

HOWEVER

if the MMA guy takes him down and beats the crap out of him because he cant defend himself, whats all HIS training worth?

It goes in all directions.

The argument is rather hollow, because it can easily just be turned back on you with your same angle.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Man, I was checking out your posts, and thinking maybe you 'got it', I was wrong. The bellybutton's a metaphor, man, a metaphor. You gotsta contemplate the MEANING of what the bellybutton represents.

Man, I was checking out your posts, and thinking maybe you 'got it', I was wrong.
    wow. it's a double whammy...
    The bellybutton's a metaphor, man, a metaphor.
    of course it is.
    You gotsta contemplate the MEANING of what the bellybutton represents.
    i know...

so then you are going to rock the MMA world with your internal training i take it?

when can we expect you to go to a no rules event and show this?