Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Economy and Kung Fu

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Bush tried to reign it in in 2003, but people like Barney Frank said Fannie May and Freddie Mac were doing just fine.
    LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW9viaJatpo
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

From my perspective

I work in high tech. We are notorious for being an 'up-and-down' industry. My company is making money big time. My next bonus should be pretty big. The rest of the industry is doing good as well.

And the two schools I train at are growing as well.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

FDIC insures up to 100,000. correct MK, but there are insurance companies that cover the rest.

my bank has insurance that saves all savings for the the money that FDIC won't cover. so everything above 100,000 is also insured at my bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    FDIC insures up to 100,000. correct MK, but there are insurance companies that cover the rest.

my bank has insurance that saves all savings for the the money that FDIC won't cover. so everything above 100,000 is also insured at my bank.
    There is not enough money in the insurance system to pay everyone who would be owed if the majority of banks fail.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Gee, who was running the ship?

Which candidate got over $100,000 in campaign money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?

Franklin Raines, Bill Clinton's White House budget director, ran Fannie Mae and made $50 million dollars.

Jamie Gorelick, Clinton Justice Dept official, worked for Fannie Mae and made $26 million dollars.

Jim Johnson, served on Obama's VP search committee, was a Fannie Mae CEO.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    There is not enough money in the insurance system to pay everyone who would be owed if the majority of banks fail.
    The only banks that are in danger of failing are those that made horrendous business decisions.

Which candidate got over $100,000 in campaign money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?

Franklin Raines, Bill Clinton's White House budget director, ran Fannie Mae and made $50 million dollars.

Jamie Gorelick, Clinton Justice Dept official, worked for Fannie Mae and made $26 million dollars.

Jim Johnson, served on Obama's VP search committee, was a Fannie Mae CEO.
    You forgot McCain's campaign manager Rick Davis.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-26-2008 at 11:28 AM.

The only banks that are in danger of failing are those that made horrendous business decisions.
    Decisions that were spurred by the Bush admin trying to prop up the economy with housing after 9/11.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Well that seems to be quite a few banks.

Also, people who have money invested in the stock market are going to be hurt, people who have money in mutual funds are going to be hurt, people who have money in CD's are going to be hurt. People with CD's can't get thier money out without taking a penalty. So if they have a CD with a bank thats about to go under their screwed.
    Last edited by mkriii; 09-26-2008 at 11:22 AM.

one of the major martial arts business consulting groups just sent out an article saying when the small schools go under, the bigger schools will get even more members from those schools....

in NYC, this may finally bring down the absurd residential and commercial real estate rates. I live in a city where studio aparments sell for a million dollars

those who had big fat bonuses on wall street are definitely going to take a hit, and some of those guys are my clients, but isn't it about time they started living in the real world?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Decisions that were spurred by the Bush admin trying to prop up the economy with housing after 9/11.
    Like what?

one of the major martial arts business consulting groups just sent out an article saying when the small schools go under, the bigger schools will get even more members from those schools....
    The banks going under are getting bought out cheep by the banks still on top and growing at the losers expense just like it should be. The bailout is not needed, let them go under, so others can take their place.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Like what?
    The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) has been in existence since the Civil War. Its mission is to ensure the fiscal soundness of national banks. For 140 years, the OCC examined the books of national banks to make sure they were balanced, an important but uncontroversial function.

In 2003 the OCC invoked a clause from the 1863 National Bank Act to issue formal opinions preempting all state predatory lending laws, thereby rendering them inoperative. The OCC also promulgated new rules that prevented states from enforcing any of their own consumer protection laws against national banks.

I work in high tech. We are notorious for being an 'up-and-down' industry. My company is making money big time. My next bonus should be pretty big. .
    They give you bonus for sitting at your computer and posting here 50-60 times a day??????

Ain't American grand!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    The banks going under are getting bought out cheep by the banks still on top and growing at the losers expense just like it should be. The bailout is not needed, let them go under, so others can take their place.
    Doesn't work without legislation. The less competition (Failed business) the more strenght the few left will have. A new company would not stand a chance to survive. This leads to monopoly.