Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tsai shaolin chuan fa??

I am in Westmont. Although the group I train with is in Plainfield. I generally go for my lesson on Saturday, and practice on my own during the week when I can.

Hey I used to train with Sifu Gia and Charles a couple of years ago also. Awesome teachers just not what I was looking for at the time. I live in Lockport so I would definitely be down with training or doing something, Iron Tiger and RD

Hey RD what are you training in around the Plainfield area?

Also Kenny Tsai has a school in the chicago area the last time I was searching on the internet. Not sure of the exact location though.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerclf1 View Post
    Hey I used to train with Sifu Gia and Charles a couple of years ago also. Awesome teachers just not what I was looking for at the time. I live in Lockport so I would definitely be down with training or doing something, Iron Tiger and RD
    yeah they are my heroes, but yeah whatever im always down to meet other martial fanatics

Thats awesome. I have been training Hung Sing Choy lay fut for the past 3 years so I am sure we can all learn something. I was at Sifu Gia's in 2005 so I might know you. I had trained there for about 6 months.

Hey RD what are you training in around the Plainfield area?
    Reply]
    Kuntao.

I am still working on my Tai Tzu project as well, but the Kuntao class gives me plenty of really skilled people to play with.

Plus the way that it integrates the knife and empty hand skills is very sound. It's a brilliant system.

From what I can tell is it is the root Shaolin technologies that have been highly preserved and still highly functional as well. The flavor is very similar too, which makes it compatible with my tai tzu.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 09-30-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Thats awesome. I have been training Hung Sing Choy lay fut for the past 3 years so I am sure we can all learn something. I was at Sifu Gia's in 2005 so I might know you. I had trained there for about 6 months.
    well this is chad i usually wear a bandana, im always in there with my wife kate. i either had shaved head, a mohawk or some funky hairstyle. and crazy facial hair.

whats are you training with the ng family???????????

Yeah I remember you and your wife. I don't think you were married at the time though. Not really sure what you asking but I train Choy lay fut kung fu in Chinatown.

Yeah I remember you and your wife. I don't think you were married at the time though. Not really sure what you asking but I train Choy lay fut kung fu in Chinatown.
    i think the family of choy lay fut you study is ng (ing) family

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I have nothing but good to say about GM Tsai. My teacher John Dufresne and GM Tsai are good friends. They produced a self defense video together along with Sijo Rusty Gray back in the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I have nothing but good to say about GM Tsai. My teacher John Dufresne and GM Tsai are good friends. They produced a self defense video together along with Sijo Rusty Gray back in the early 90's.
    cool thanks for that

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Grandmaster Tsai is in China teaching is he not?

Actually the style of Choy Lay Fut is Hung Sing. It is just called Ng Family because of the founders of the school and association Sam Ng and Phillip Ng.