Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: marijuana tcm?!?!?!?!!?

I no longer use it but I say legalize it Tax it. And lets sort some of these money issues out! The finance guys say it would make a huge dent in paying a lot of bills.

Our State is happy. All the judges and Lawyers are the ones who own the dispensaries.
    Meanwhile arkansas thinks being American means sucking food stamps, benefits and cannabalizing their own people legally for money.
    Two totally different worlds. One of them for humans.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Probably be 10-20 years before it is sold over the counter in gas stations, etc !

Greetings,

I agree with the legalization of marijuana. I prefer that people be allowed to grow it for themselves. I prefer not to have any capitalist involvement with the consumption of marijuana, not even with drug dealers.

With the actual consumption of marijuana, I would rather have people consume it as a tea or as part of a salad.

What we need are several Johnny Appleseed types to start throwing cannabis seeds wherever there is grass. The cost of removing the stuff will eventually cause conservatives to give up and give in.

mickey

I would rather have people do what they like and use accordingly. For the raw tooth nerve or cracked bone it is eaten. For the senses of sight and hearing it is smoked. For the joint and muscle it is applied.

People will grow eventually for sure. BUT, more people would just rather go to that gas station and buy a pack. I think that was the main reason it has been banned for so long. They worry about not collecting tax. I think their worry is nonsense. I really believe 80% would just prefer to buy it like they do beer and cigarettes. Growing is not as easy as people think. Most people do not want to take the time to learn that crap. All male plants? Good luck getting high.

It seems like the gov is already making moves to monopolize and take yet another remaining vestige of free enterprise for their selves, not just the tax.
    But we'll see. Got to watch those wa$$cally wabbits

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    It seems like the gov is already making moves to monopolize and take yet another remaining vestige of free enterprise for their selves, not just the tax.
    But we'll see. Got to watch those wa$$cally wabbits

Don't worry so much about that. In time it will fix itself and we will have a handful of giant corporation controlling the main market. Later still will come the " craft beers ". It will probably follow a similar road that booze did. I really don't care either way anymore. If it was there, I may smoke it. Im not one of those, Im doing it for pain or enlightenment or even iron palm , types. I just want to get high! And that my friends is the real truth for most people that want it. It helps my cancer. So does death but I don't see you crying for that, YET !

We have to go this fu---cked stupid route for the time being. It is a waste of time but that's how it works.

And Im not a anti tax kind of guy. Yes, taxes SUCK. But get rid of them and watch your private bill grow so the road outside your door can be fixed. Or paying the Culligan man to come sell you undiseased water as the local utility turned its service off because there is no more funding. Taxes have there place. It is the misappropriation of those taxes that is the main problem.

Like the lottery money going to roads and schools. it does but then they generally take out the already allotted money given them for those things at an equal amount. So it is a wash. Where does that other money go? That's the problem with taxes.

Behold the humble (hemp) seed...

It's funny how this discussion always boils down to either emotions, economics or politics... Indeed cannabis is a very powerful plant - so powerful, in fact, that Michael Pollan, in his book Botany of Desire, suggests that as an evolutionary tactic, by appealing to humans' innate need to intoxicate so wonderfully that humans brought the plant indoors and started tending to it so carefully, marijuana essentially ensured its future on the planet. There is a great writeup here.

But back to our previous discussion, deciphering the ancient passage attributed to the legendary Chinese cultural leader, Shen Nong:

The seed is sweet and balanced. It mainly supplements the center and boosts the qi. Protracted taking may make one fat, strong and never senile. 1
    Huo Ma Ren has mild sweet taste and neutral energetic temperature. Sweet taste in moderation strengthens the spleen Qi, aka the digestion, and prevents atrophy of the musculature.

Hempseed has been shown through modern research to be full of fiber, good proteins and fats. To "supplement the center" means to strengthen the digestive Qi, in this case by its nutritional profile. Also it is used to lubricate and moisten the bowels to prevent constipation.

Indeed, to be "fat" in this instance does not imply obesity but rather means to be well muscled and not too skinny.

Most interesting to me however, is the "never senile" part of the statement. As modern research has shown, hemp seed oil is rich in fatty acids that have been shown to reduce inflammation and potentially nourish the nervous system - especially the fatty myelin sheath that surrounds the individual nerve cell that greatly speeds the propagation of the nerve impulse. This is relevant in cases like multiple sclerosis, in which that sheathing becomes compromised and the nerve function is greatly diminished.

On a side note for another discussion, I believe the "never senile" aspect of the hemp seed makes it a Jing/Essence tonic, which could, potentially restore what has been lost by years of bong rips.

Eat your hemp meal

Peace

herb ox

1The Divine Farmer's Materia Medica: A Translation of the Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing; edited by Shouzhong Yang; Pg 148

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post

What we need are several Johnny Appleseed types to start throwing cannabis seeds wherever there is grass. The cost of removing the stuff will eventually cause conservatives to give up and give in.

mickey
    I'd rather idiots not go around spreading invasive species all over the place... This is the real problem with MJ. There are side effects, regardless of how bad the denialists wish to believe, but they're not much worse than anything else. But weed has a huge negative environmental impact.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    I'd rather idiots not go around spreading invasive species all over the place... This is the real problem with MJ. There are side effects, regardless of how bad the denialists wish to believe, but they're not much worse than anything else. But weed has a huge negative environmental impact.
    Wikipedia has a great list of species listed as invasive in North America - interestingly, MJ is not included in that list, but the domestic dog and cat are! However, I think it can potentially meet the criteria per the wikipedia entry:

A species is regarded as invasive if it has been introduced by human action to a location, area, or region where it did not previously occur naturally (i.e., is not a native species), becomes capable of establishing a breeding population in the new location without further intervention by humans, and becomes a pest in the new location, directly threatening agriculture or the local biodiversity.
    So, let's see - definitely introduced by human action; probably introduced to North America from Asia Major/Minor; can establish a breeding population, as seen in some of the wild hemp fields reported in the South; However, I have not yet seen it become a "pest", nor does it threaten local biodiversity or agriculture. I live in the wine country of Northern California and can say with certainty, the monoculture created by the grape industry is FAR more a threat than wild "dagga" - fertilizer runoff, terrain modification and bee colony collapse are just a few of the many issues created by the wine industry.

What IS a threat to the environment is not the marijuana but the greedy individuals covertly planting it on public and private land with no regard for the environment. Trash, booby traps, toxic fertilizers and drained local water supplies are the threat. Covert operations tend to be far more destructive than "legal" plantations. So the conclusion is that it is the prohibition of the plant that leads to the negative impacts, not the plant itself. As for "huge negative environmental impacts" produced by MJ, I would fathom to say it is greatly less than that of monoculture or worse, GMO cross-contamination with heirloom/nonGMO crops. So if you are concerned about idiots, focus your energy towards thwarting the advance of Monsanto and other groups who ultimately seek to control the world's food supply.

While I do agree that MJ does have the potential for negative health aspects if abused, the impacts are also much less than that of legal and socially acceptable substances like alcohol or tobacco, or the majority of prescription drugs.

Know your farmer.

herb ox

Quote Originally Posted by herb ox View Post
    Wikipedia has a great list of species listed as invasive in North America - interestingly, MJ is not included in that list, but the domestic dog and cat are! However, I think it can potentially meet the criteria per the wikipedia entry:
    The world is larger than North America, and wikipedia is a terrible source. http://www.invasive.org/species/weeds.cfm

Listed here is as noxious. Noxious designation is a weed that is defined as "competitive, persistent, and pernicious."
    So, let's see - definitely introduced by human action; probably introduced to North America from Asia Major/Minor; can establish a breeding population, as seen in some of the wild hemp fields reported in the South;
    Transport -> Inoculation -> Establishment -> Spread. The only difference between this and the above definition is the degree of spread. In the US it has been kept in check because of its legal status leading to instant eradication whenever discovered. For a far better definition of the invasive process, See Moyle and Marchetti 2006; though that paper is about fish, it more than adequately describes the invasive pathway. Far better than your wiki link.

The largest predictors of invasive risk are propagule pressure and previous success of invasion. Cannabis propagule intensity is already high and only expected to increase as the market expands. The illegal growing has already produced established wild populations. And it has spread wildly in other regions of the world. The 2 largest predictors, fulfilled. Nevermind that people are actively breeding it to become more suitable for our native environmental conditions. In other words, its there.

However, I have not yet seen it become a "pest", nor does it threaten local biodiversity or agriculture.
    You're also not an environmental chemist. Chemical inputs from decaying organic matter into water systems have dramatic effects on recruitment of native wildlife. Not to mention weeds are for more able to colonize opportune locations than longer developing flora.

But just a couple other sources which you could have easily found on your own.

Water usage and impact on threatened wildlife
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-9775102.html

Carbon footprint; link to full report inside
    http://evan-mills.com/energy-associates/Indoor.html

There's others, you can use your own time to search if you are truly not in denial.

I live in the wine country of Northern California and can say with certainty, the monoculture created by the grape industry is FAR more a threat than wild "dagga" - fertilizer runoff, terrain modification and bee colony collapse are just a few of the many issues created by the wine industry.
    Tu quoque is your fallacy

What IS a threat to the environment is not the marijuana but the greedy individuals covertly
    Tu quoque. And false dichotomy. The problem is greedy individuals. The problem is people that just want to get stoned and be ****ed with anything else. The problem is individuals lacking in proper environmental literacy not understanding the risk of non-indigenous species introductions. And the problem is a plant that is not native to this country that is now established wild type and the subsequent effects that can and will play out in the receiving ecosystem.

planting it on public and private land with no regard for the environment.
    Indeed, the environment. Glad you agree.

Trash, booby traps, toxic fertilizers and drained local water supplies are the threat. Covert operations tend to be far more destructive than "legal" plantations.
    Red herring

So the conclusion is that it is the prohibition of the plant that leads to the negative impacts, not the plant itself.
    Blatantly false. And again, logical fallacy

As for "huge negative environmental impacts" produced by MJ, I would fathom to say it is greatly less than that of monoculture or worse, GMO cross-contamination with heirloom/nonGMO crops.
    Tu quoque, all over the place. Oh and, you don't get to skate by minimizing the negative effects of growth methods with cannabis while simultaneously dragging out the big bad Monsanto below for the same reason.

So if you are concerned about idiots, focus your energy towards thwarting the advance of Monsanto and other groups who ultimately seek to control the world's food supply.
    Don't tell me where to focus my research. FYI, invasive ecology is my field. And ditch the tinfoil hat.

While I do agree that MJ does have the potential for negative health aspects if abused, the impacts are also much less than that of legal and socially acceptable substances like alcohol or tobacco, or the majority of prescription drugs.
    Debatable. Less carcinogenic that tobacco. But deposits far more tar in the lungs, largely due to the way it is smoked. So hey less cancer, but hope you like emphysema.

Know your farmer.
    Know your science
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 03-18-2015 at 03:59 PM.

"Don't tell me where to focus my research. FYI, invasive ecology is my field. And ditch the tinfoil hat."

Ad hominem. I read your post and it's not the first time you've put yourself off as the most pointless world's foremost opinion authority using the same tactics you beat others down with, like the double standard, forked tongued California libtard which all disregard anyway.

Forcing a people against their will in their state to destroy all agriculture except monopolized Monsanto controlled farms is not tinfoil, it is fact. Payola is not made of tinfoil either. Hawaii thinks you are typical Californian

Destroying private farming in India ruthlessly and agra conquering while having your products classed as bio hazards and banned in numerous countries is not tin foil, it's truth and trying to use "GLAD" talk to hound those who actually are right is not truth at all, its just shilling and industry trolling, or like many in the dying state, just that misguided.

All Californian should fish everyday and eat fish everyday. Look at Japanese, they live a hundred years. Oh, and kelp prevents vd too! San Diego kelp the best!
    Last edited by curenado; 03-18-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Marijuana makes people emotional

So then, SoCoKF - would it be logical to deduce that you have a very strong emotional response toward this subject? Your replies seem disproportionate to the discussion at hand. I do, however appreciate the effort you put forth in providing such an excellent review of the application of logical thinking.

The subject of this thread, although frequently hijacked by political and emotional responses, is simply whether or not cannabis has a place in either the person who trains martial arts, or as a useful therapeutic substance. Neither of which require a zealous response either way.

But perhaps it was my bad by goading you on with my hopeless human illogic. Ever since Leonard Nimoy passed away my logical side has been suffering

Perhaps you'd prefer to elucidate exactly what it is that bothers you about cannabis culture?

Baso said: "Mind is not Buddha". Perhaps we can revisit this subject with open hearts and receptivity?

herb ox