Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 198

Thread: marijuana tcm?!?!?!?!!?

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    Any time you need to change the chemical balance in your body by taking in other substances to enjoy yourself (IE recreation) you are weak. Smoking MJ is no different than the 300 lb whale eating chocolate cake to cope with depression or a crack head taking another hit...
    Amen.

    I add:

    Buddha was not vegetarian. If he was invited to dinner with a family, he would eat whatever the family had cooked, including meat. He would NOT, however eat any meat that had been slaughtered in his honour or his name.

    A beer offered is different than a beer sought. Likewise with tokes.

    Also, everything in moderation... including moderation.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,852
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    god(s)/nature gave us arsenic, cyanide, carbon monoxide, tornados, typhoons, earthquakes, mud slides, AIDS (unless you are a conspiracy theorist). Yeah, aspirin is much worse than thos that naturally occur.

    I love druggies that rationalize their habit. Weakness is weakness.
    i feel the same way about 'druggies' that drink.

    alcohol is for the weak IMO. so is it a matter of opinion that i injest a plant vs. someone who injests acohol?

    do you drink?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    桃花岛
    Posts
    5,031
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    Any time you need to change the chemical balance in your body by taking in other substances to enjoy yourself (IE recreation) you are weak. Smoking MJ is no different than the 300 lb whale eating chocolate cake to cope with depression or a crack head taking another hit...
    I would like to highlight the word need. It's like the old addage: I don't need alcohol for a good time but it helps.

    Not everything we do is based on need. I would certainly agree (and in fact did agree) that if a person depends on any drug (whether Tylenol or Crack or anything in between) to maintain a base state of comfort they have a problem (generally that problem is one of, or a combination of, chronic pain, depression and chemical addiction). However if a person finds that one activity they do for recreation is consumption of psychoactive substances and if doing so does not lead to a chemical addiction or to harm to others this is not a weakness. It's simply an activity.

    Me, I have many things I do for recreation. I do martial arts, read, write, camp, hike, I climbed a small mountain this summer, I swim, watch movies and television shows, listen to music, cook, play video games and, yes, sometimes smoke a little marijhuana. I don't NEED it any more than I need any of the other things I do for recreation.
    Simon McNeil
    ___________________________________________

    Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,852
    also for the record, im not an addict of marijuana. ive said, ive been KNOWN to partake.

    ask me when the last time that was..... my gues is you probably drink far more than i every in take that plant.

    if you drink even minorly your a total hypocrite man.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,852
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post

    Me, I have many things I do for recreation. I do martial arts, read, write, camp, hike, I climbed a small mountain this summer, I swim, watch movies and television shows, listen to music, cook, play video games and, yes, sometimes smoke a little marijhuana. I don't NEED it any more than I need any of the other things I do for recreation.
    this is where im at as well.

    hell i havnt watched tv in over 3 years. its all a matter of choice, i dont go around calling people down for veging out on a TV, which I feel is a lot worse than many other things people could be doing with their time.

    because im not a hypocrite like a lof of other people are. and i can view the world in a balanced light.

    heck, i dont even own a pipe or any other paraphanilia.

    its just not something i seek, but may partake if i am at a friends house who offers and the time feels right.

    ive been known to accept a jay now and again froma buddy and make that last me a couple weeks....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,852
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I don't NEED it any more than I need any of the other things I do for recreation.
    I personally feel that i do NEED martial arts though. I dont know why.

    i took a few months off after i busted some ribs to recoup, and i can tell you i was jonzing for some real action.

    once i fully returned to working out and practicing it felt like a part of my life i needed had returned.

    it actually physically hurt not to practice.

    im sure its just the NEED to be active and exercise, but for me, biking, running, hiking, weights, just dont feel that void. so far ive found only MA can fill that need i have.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i feel the same way about 'druggies' that drink.

    alcohol is for the weak IMO. so is it a matter of opinion that i injest a plant vs. someone who injests acohol?

    do you drink?
    I do not drink, the feeling of being drunk did nothing for me.
    ------
    Jason

    --Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

    God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,852
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I do not drink, the feeling of being drunk did nothing for me.
    im happy that you feel that way.

    its a shame that you have to view everyone that drinks or smokes as, some how, lesser than you....jedi.....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I personally feel that i do NEED martial arts though. I dont know why.

    i took a few months off after i busted some ribs to recoup, and i can tell you i was jonzing for some real action.

    once i fully returned to working out and practicing it felt like a part of my life i needed had returned.

    it actually physically hurt not to practice.

    im sure its just the NEED to be active and exercise, but for me, biking, running, hiking, weights, just dont feel that void. so far ive found only MA can fill that need i have.
    Needing something like Martial Arts is different than MJ. You are physically moving your body to produce a state, as opposed to taking something in. All the other examples from the earlier post (IE hiking, MA, climbing etc...) are all good examples of moving the body, not adding some outside chemical to get that state.
    ------
    Jason

    --Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

    God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    also for the record, im not an addict of marijuana. ive said, ive been KNOWN to partake.

    ask me when the last time that was..... my gues is you probably drink far more than i every in take that plant.

    if you drink even minorly your a total hypocrite man.
    Your guess would be wrong, since I don't drink. I am not one that would voice my opinion if it would make me sound like a hypocrite. I live what I say.

    I have heard many addicts utter the same line you did at the beginning of your quoted post.
    ------
    Jason

    --Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

    God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    im happy that you feel that way.

    its a shame that you have to view everyone that drinks or smokes as, some how, lesser than you....jedi.....
    Let me not generalize. I am not saying ALL druggies and drunks are weak and inferior. However, I am still looking for one to prove me wrong.
    ------
    Jason

    --Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

    God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,852
    its funny that you assume i am some how addicted to smoking pot. you must not really read my posts very well....

    i probably smoke pot far less than you would like to think.

    quite a bit of men on this forum addmittedly drink alcohol. so you may want to start looking here to find one of the fine gentlemen to 'prove' you wrong. you have an abundance of people here to look at.

    from what ive noticed over the years here, its the majority you hold your nose high to.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    its funny that you assume i am some how addicted to smoking pot. you must not really read my posts very well....

    i probably smoke pot far less than you would like to think.

    quite a bit of men on this forum addmittedly drink alcohol. so you may want to start looking here to find one of the fine gentlemen to 'prove' you wrong. you have an abundance of people here to look at.

    from what ive noticed over the years here, its the majority you hold your nose high to.
    I don't think about how much you smoke pot, it does not affect my day one way or the other. But I know that "I am not addicted" is the addicts mantra. But remember, rehab is for quitters!
    ------
    Jason

    --Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

    God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,852
    lol at that.

    so because i smoke maybe a couple times a year, im an addict....ya. sure i guess i am then.

    i like that circle people like you try to put others in, 'oh if you say your not addicted you must be.'

    so when i say im not an acloholic, i must be. even though i dont drink at all, ever.

    your a classic there yoda.....rofl
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    lol at that.

    so because i smoke maybe a couple times a year, im an addict....ya. sure i guess i am then.

    i like that circle people like you try to put others in, 'oh if you say your not addicted you must be.'

    so when i say im not an acloholic, i must be. even though i dont drink at all, ever.

    your a classic there yoda.....rofl
    I didn't say you were addicted to MJ, nor did I say you are an alcoholic. And my reasoning for my comments isn't just to say the opposite of what you say, you are missing my logic (which is very straightforward). There is a reason that many organizations that try to help addicts make accepting their problem the first step. So many addicts are in denial. I cannot say you are or aren't addicted. All I said was that many addicts say the same thing. If you have a guilty concious, that's your problem.
    ------
    Jason

    --Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

    God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •