Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unemployed again!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    at least then when you call someone down for screwing up in somewhat of a harsh manner, its expected. hell, its practically the norm...
    being a mason gets you thick skin real fast...

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Uki, I didn't know you were a Mason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwQerFAh4Wk
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Uki, I didn't know you were a Mason.
    says so in my profile... you've been to my profile; good thing you aren't a mycologist, the fine details can kill you. oh and i didn't mean a freemason.

haha. i laughed at the video after i posted this post... you're a goofy guy aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    ... you're a goofy guy aren't you?
    it's one of my strong points.

when you have a group such as ours, with some people taking their s*** way too seriously, you need to sometimes show people what is really important.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

years ago, when I was in construction, I worked for a while with a mason. We were adding an extension on this old brick mansion in Oyster Bay Cove, L.I., and they wanted it to look as if it was always there, so they brought in craftsmen from Montana, who reproduced all the interior woodworking, a roofer, who worked with slate-even acid washing the copper ice stopping thingys so they looked aged, and this old Italian mason. My job, besides mixing and carrying mortar, and loads of bricks up the scaffolding, was to sort and clean all the old red bricks, which they used to match the original brickwork. It was all gruntwork for me, really back-breaking stuff, but I enjoyed working with the guy. He was an ornery old bastid, but for some reason, he took a liking to me and taught me some stuff.
    I have alot of respect for masons, both for their skill, and for the hard work they endure.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

cjurakpt Guest
    it's one of my strong points
    it's just the sort of blinkard, philistine, pig-ignorance we've come to expect from you, sitting there on your spotted behind squeezing blackheads!

(nobody, and I mean NOBODY, does angry like Cleese!)

I have alot of respect for masons, both for their skill, and for the hard work they endure.
    i hope i can take it as a compliment... and for sh!ts and giggles i never wear gloves... save for when i am tuck pointing joints in real stone... wet mortar eat holes in any skin.

I also thought it might be a good subject to share with you all, but obviously some of you are just as bad as the childish staff I no longer have to cover for...
    LOL. What sort of egomaniac posts on an MA forum about his failures in unrelated fields? No friends closer to home? I wonder why?

Treat staff like children, that's how they will act.

You obviously think yourself superior. Trouble is, no one else agrees.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

LoneTiger108,

I share your experience at work too as I am currently unemployed. Being a person that goes for self-improvement, there are mentalities and behaviour that I will try to improve. Quite often these are subtle matters. That means I do not have serious problem, fortunately. It is just a matter of degree in adjustment here and there. For example, may be I should be more tolerant to this and that, handle a situation in a different way, etc. It also means there are wrongs often on the other side of the table in losing jobs. Today's social climate in human societies is harsh on the people. The recent financial crisis only makes life worse. And as far as MA training is concerned, I try to balance between work and other parts of life. For instance, I will not apply for job that requires too long working hours, or too much travelling. Let's just say I am doing my best to achieve my goals in life, to live the way I want to live as much as possible.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong
    Last edited by SteveLau; 10-06-2008 at 06:06 AM.

LOL, glad I'm not the only one who thinks Lone is being perfectly reasonable. Sure, he might be a twisted social reject and childish egomaniac but his posts seem to be quite normal and interesting to me. It's good to hear about how some of us relate to the world in work spheres and whatnot, whether it's Uki's masonry or Lone's management... it's nice to know that the whole board isn't totally lost in fantasy and theory (political fantasy like 1bad or pseudo Deathwish MA BS like just about all of us)! He nearly even admits his mistakes as mistakes!

But it also seems as though we have to be aggressive twats as martial artists... and have lost the ability to speak civilly. Oh well, back to my linguistics forum and history forum... and wherever...!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Be water my friend, be water...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

"twisted social reject and childish egomaniac"

Heh.

I don't think any of us kung fu guys are NOT that way, to some extent.

LOL, good point... I remember you and you certainly are!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Oh wait...

bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    While there's a lot of good advice on this thread, I'm wondering a bit why everybody is so hostile to him. It hardly seems like the way to show someone (especially someone who has come to you - unknown people - laying down his heart for advice) who has been accused of hostility. Apart from being arrogant, egotistical and smug. Just a thought.
    I, for one, was a bit hostle because I've worked for enough passive-aggressive A-holes to know imediately that he A) was one and B) honestly thinks he has the right to belittle, verbally abuse and generally make other work lives so horrible they almost puke at the thought of having to go to work. He probaly thinks that other inability to deal with the horrid stress and hostility as a failing on thier part rather than a fault of his for causing the tension. Which meens it isn't his martial arts training making him pasive-agressive, it's deep seaded, out-of-control anger management issues. I'm glad he isn't my training partner; a person like that inevitably ends up injuring thier training partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it