Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special Xingyi Issue

The unabridged version

We've just posted the unabridged version of A Lifetime Dedicated to Martial Traditions: An Interview with Professor Ma Mingda by William Acevedo, M.Eng., Mei Cheung, B.A., and Brenda Hood, Ph.D. The print version has move pictures, so be sure to pick up a copy before it goes off the stands next month.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Stamp Album

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum (sorry if not, iŽm new here)

in the dec/jan isssue of Kungfu-Taichi is a little article about
    "Chinese Wushu Treasure Stamp Album" By Lem Festeris
    the article says this album was issued in may2008. I searched the internet and except one website with minimal infos on it about the album, i didnŽt find anything. I would really liked to buy it, but it looks like it was NOT issued. Ther is no info in this, even on (chinese) philatelic sites.

Has anybody any info?

Thanx

Welcome to the forums, shuen

I'm going to merge this with our thread on that issue, but I'll leave a permanent link in case anyone has any more info for you. Lem is a freelancer that I had follow up on a lead for that story. The lead was Dr. Werner Leuschner, who is mentioned in that article. He's a martial arts master and promotes tournaments in Ontario Canada. Here is his website. I would contact Leuschner for more information.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thanx a lot GeneChing. iŽll contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Ambush arts do not make for good self-defense and in this day and age the two bread-and-butter foci of martial arts are self-defense and training for sport.
    ah, but only in ignorance would one say that the ages do not change like the days... what is out of date in one age, may be up to par in the next.

In which case future innovation will allow for the reintroduction of it into martial arts, one way or another. That is neither here nor there about conditions, in martial arts, now.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Taikiken (Yiquan) vs. Kyokushin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkC35VbWGvw
    棋盘山上砍过树,故宫城里盗过墓,此生行尽天涯路,沈阳儿女就是酷.

Thanks Infrazael, I'll look at the vid when I get home tonight.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

For once someone is asking stuff about CMA fighting.

The Southern subforum has gone epic and won't be back to normal for a while.

I sense we're upon the crux of another full-blown lineage war.

Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael View Post
    For once someone is asking stuff about CMA fighting.

The Southern subforum has gone epic and won't be back to normal for a while.

I sense we're upon the crux of another full-blown lineage war.
    Um... yeah... and let us discuss it no more here lest it spread.

But, seriously, this is supposed to be a kung fu magazine forum. One would think that occasionally we'd actually, you know, talk about gongfu.
    Simon McNeil

What did you think of the clip?

Honestly... it slipped my mind. Hard day at the office followed by wife's birthday celebrations. I'll get back to you after I watch it.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael View Post
    Taikiken (Yiquan) vs. Kyokushin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkC35VbWGvw
    the yi quan guy doesn't look like he is using his art, just throwing punch's. with no power at that. maybe he is a beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    the yi quan guy doesn't look like he is using his art, just throwing punch's. with no power at that. maybe he is a beginner.
    What would you know?

Seems the people that criticize are usually people who never fight.

I see decent striking.

That is enough.

99% of CMA guys can't even do that. Are you any better?

wow dude, how do you know what i know or dont know. dont go around saying who knows what. im going by my own observation. thats my opinion im entitled to it. lets not start a flame war over something so trivial please this is a pretty interesting thread on an art i love. im not gonna sit here over the internet listing ways of how i know how to fight or any of that nonsense it childish really. your response was childish and inwarrented but again its your opinion so say what uou want. me personally i see he is not using his art not one lick. 99% cma blah blabh blah thats all that came after that. where do those numbers come from where is the research. please man, dont be so full of yourself. not saying the guy is a bad fighter just saying i dont see any yiguan or xing yi or anything just wild punchs.chill out, its not that serious its a flipping video on thatnet. are you one of the guys or know one of the guys in the vid? if not then you shouldnt even have reacted in that manner not at all. after your reply whatever it made be, its over and done let the thread continue on its poitive note.