Thread: Grandmaster series at Martialartsmart.com

Grandmaster series at Martialartsmart.com

is the series of dvd's in english or does it at least have subtitles if anyone owns them and could let me know that would be nice.

It's subtitled

Legendary Grandmasters of China is subtitled in both English and Chinese. The subtitles aren't too Chinglishy although I'd be dishonest if I didn't confess to some Chinglish there. The narration is in Mandarin. The main complaint we get on this series is an aesthetic one. The series is comprised of the Grandmasters demonstrating the form, then a student of the master showing the movements broken down in chunks and applications. The Grandmasters footage is from the National Martial Arts Survey, so it's in all sorts of common locations like basketball courts and such. For some incomprehensible reason, the student portion was filmed in front of a green screen and then a scenic background is dropped in of a sunset or something similar. The backdrop isn't keyed to the student's real environment, so they appear to be floating in a bad 70's special effect. It's a bit annoying at first, but you get used to it. You can still glean the information from the footage. That part is clear. It just looks a little funny.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

thank you friend i trust this coming from you lol