Thread: Tai Chi/Similar in Sydney, Aus?

Tai Chi/Similar in Sydney, Aus?

A relative of mine in Summer Hill (about 8km from Sydney CBD) is interested in checking out a tai chi or similar class. She's not too interested in the "martial" side of it, but obviously structure, etc, is important. Who would you recommend I send her to check out?
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

Hello HT,

If your relo is not interested in anything too fancy there are groups doing Tai Chi on Sat/Sun mornings at Ashfield Park, which is very close to Summer Hill. Otherwise look up Master Juliana Zhu www.wushuoz.com who run kung fu classes in Burwood. She is a genuine nice honorable person so if she cannot teach her she can at least point her to the right direction.

I teach Tai Chi too, but more on the combative side so I don't think your relo would be interested. But since I live only 2km from Summer Hill, I'll be more than happy to talk to her. My email address is imperialtaichi@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 10-08-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Thanks John! Much appreciated!

She's fairly scrappy, I've been told (sister in law I've not actually met in person), so she might be interested in the combat side of things.

I passed on your message to her directly.

Thanks again!

Scott Dellinger
    Manager/Fighter, Emergent Fighting Arts
    www.emergentfighting.com
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice