Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So the stock market crumbles

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    There is no need to worry, the market will rebound as it always does.
    no amount of optimism will affect the outcome of reality... the markets, economy, and world system as we know it are gone...
    And if, by some off chance, it doesn't, we'll be reduced to cannabalism and looting anyway. This is where the KF training will come in handy.
    martial law buddy... martial law.

And of course yesterday the market had a historic day of strong trading and closed well up.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    no amount of optimism will affect the outcome of reality...
    It's not optimism. It's applying historical information to the future. And no amount of pessimism can change that.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    And of course yesterday the market had a historic day of strong trading and closed well up.
    coupled with the second biggest point drop in history... kudos. what now tough guy... bring it on.

What next? What always happens. It will go up, it will go down. On average over time it will be fine.

What next? What always happens. It will go up, it will go down. On average over time it will be fine.
    oh come on... think for yourself for once, the market is done...

As I stood there over the bloody pile that used to be 'the market', a thought occured to me. This is quite a mess....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    As I stood there over the bloody pile that used to be 'the market', a thought occured to me. This is quite a mess....
    not many will admit it, they all have some rebound story based on historical facts... well i have some historical facts... the bigger they are, the harder they fall. it is done... get out of you illusional daydream, cuz the worst has yet to come.

some things just need to change.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Yes, some things never change. Like Chicken Little's refrain...

Yes, some things never change. Like Chicken Little's refrain...
    ohhhhh... a dr. suess imitator...

Years from now people will look back and realize what phenomenal buying times it was now... at least for the indexes. Maybe not so much for the companies that don't make it. I'm not saying rush out and buy at the open tomorrow. But most likely years from now SPY and QQQQ and friends should be much higher. These should be long term investments.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I'm buying my wife a new car, a top of the line Miata. I figure if the dealers are hurting it's a good time for me. We're waiting until things get closer to bottom (whenever, where ever that is) and buy some stocks we have our eyes on. It's good to be an evil Capitalist Pig.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    I'm buying my wife a new car, a top of the line Miata. I figure if the dealers are hurting it's a good time for me. We're waiting until things get closer to bottom (whenever, where ever that is) and buy some stocks we have our eyes on. It's good to be an evil Capitalist Pig.
    care to share what those might be and let us know when you do (I promise to wait at least an hour after you start buying )