Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ip Man starring Donnie Yen

Thanks

Thanks for the information currently in Europe and was wondering how to get my hands on a copy of the movie. Greatly appreciated.

you can buy the DVD om eBAY for about 6-8 dollars + shipping.

Copywrite infringement against the Chinese movie industry? That would be a travesty

I am trying to wait and see if they release it in the theaters or not. Otherwise I will probably pick up a copy of the dvd.

Click on this link, watch the movie, and let everyone know what you think. I really liked it. But I'm not Wing Chun so I don't know how accurate it is.

http://www.zshare.net/video/5366131489e271ee/

Ip Man Movie

FYI, Hong Kong recently released the Ip Man movie, starring Donnie Yen. Action director is Sammo Hung. The link below shows the trailer, with English Subtitles.

http://www.ipman-movie.com/opening_en.html

Did anyone watch it already?

Thanks. CHS
    Last edited by CHS; 01-14-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Sorry man, but that news is wicked old. I've seen it, it's good.

IP Movie

Loved it, Donnie Yen did an excellent job. I love to see WC on the big screen we need more. Cant waitr for Part 2

Okay, Shannon Moore (how the hell are ya', anyway?)...you sold me. One of my students has the movie and is all excited about having me come over to his house with some of the other guys to see it. I was thinking it was probably just another second rate flick until your post.

I saw it, it is a good movie. I will say that I can't wait for a part 2 if there is going to be a part 2.
    Forget about Yesterday, Live for Today and Pray for Tomorrow
    www.Weaponsathand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Okay, Shannon Moore (how the hell are ya', anyway?)...you sold me. One of my students has the movie and is all excited about having me come over to his house with some of the other guys to see it. I was thinking it was probably just another second rate flick until your post.
    Come to 77 Mulberry St. in Chinatown some Sat. from 3:30 - 4:30 when I'm teaching class. I can give you a copy.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Like I said, go onto your web browser, enter this page - http://www.zshare.net/video/5366131489e271ee/ - and watch the movie on your PC or Mac.

What a surprise: this whole movie is a racist piece of ****.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    What a surprise: this whole movie is a racist piece of ****.
    whats racist about it? did the japanese not take over parts of china and slaughter hundreds, remember seeing holocaust like footage of the countless rows of dead bodies. im sorry did this not happen? are you one of those people who believe the holocaust was a figment of the jewish peoples imagination, hyped by mass media,to make the world suffer some type of mass hysteria where we all believe it happened. i mean granted to had some stereotypes but you cant expect political correctness from HK films, i mean look at that sammo film "don't give a ****" sammo was actually in black face, was that racist maybe.

some of the most horrific images i have ever seen are of what japanese soldiers did to chinese women and children. not to mention the beheadings of chinese troops and civs.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.