Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep hitting a guy after he's down? vid

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    **** straight.

I mean... in some ways I thought that guy was even more reprehensible than the guy issuing the beating. I mean... at least that guy had something that could resemble provocation even if his reation was entirely out of proportion. But for a third party to interfere with a person who clearly came in to break up the situation....

Disgusting.

I hope they both faced charges, wherever they were.

David: There is reciprocation and then there is reciprocation.

Understandable reciprocation would be punching the guy once and telling him to go screw himself.

Beating the guy into the pavement and then continuing to beat him for a while after he dropped is not understandable.
    I don't have a problem understanding what I see. I don't think anyone can honestly say that they would accurately meter their own rage.

There was alcohol involved it seems and I just don't have so much faith in humanity when it comes to proactivity in regards to altercations that turn to violence.

When sh!t goes down, it goes down.

just sayin
    Kung Fu is good for you.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't try to justify what happened in that video.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I guess the point here is, that's how it happens in the street,no cops no lawyers,no friends, just whatever your self defense style or method is "BE READY at all times--if possible practice always .I assume both were drinking
    M

i don't think it matters whether we justify the actions or not.

In one perspective the action is justifiable although the degree of reaction is more than what was required.

In another perspective, it was totally wrong to react in that manner at all, I guess. Or I get the sense that some people are putting it forth that the guy should've reacted differently.

My perspective is that if someone were to elbow me upside my head for whatever reason, Then I would do my best to hurt that person and to end the possibility of them doing it to me again.

So, while I think that you shouldn't kick at someones head while they are down, I do understand how it could happen.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Careful who you pick a fight with, he may not have an "off switch".
    To echo Dave, see above.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

regardless of what the law says

i really enjoyed that video, like really.

like more than i should be enjoying that video ahaha
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

love it

hey here's the real deal on this and listen good as I wont say it again....what were we talking about????

Oh yeah! Legally and I've seen this before...the guy has every right to defend himself...a prosecutor, even a poor one, could understand the guy nailing him in the back of the head a few times after he's down...the guys ****ed...who would'nt be after taking a elbow to the mush? you would, I would, the jury and judge would.

but after he stood up and then put the boot to the guys head that is a criminal act in any state in the US and would be a winner at trial.

Just my (un)educated 2 cents

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stonewarrior67 View Post
    hey here's the real deal on this and listen good as I wont say it again....what were we talking about????

Oh yeah! Legally and I've seen this before...the guy has every right to defend himself...a prosecutor, even a poor one, could understand the guy nailing him in the back of the head a few times after he's down...the guys ****ed...who would'nt be after taking a elbow to the mush? you would, I would, the jury and judge would.

but after he stood up and then put the boot to the guys head that is a criminal act in any state in the US and would be a winner at trial.

Just my (un)educated 2 cents

SW
    Here is the thing, it was caught on video.
    Now, picture that video in a courtroom and picture the jury seeing it.
    Picture them seeing RedMan hiting Yellowman in the face ONCE and backing off and then seeing Yellowman hitting redman, knocking him out and hitting him over and over and over and over and over and over while he is defenceless and then seeing him kick and stomp on his head.
    Do you know of any jury or judge that would see ANY part of that as self-defense?

Good point s_r, it stopped being self defence when RedMan stepped back. It was pure retaliation. Maybe drunken p1ssed-offness is a defence in the USA.

Even a couple of punches could've just about been wangled as self-defence: Yellow had no idea whether Redman would try to sucker elbow him again. As soon as Red hit the deck, it should be jail time.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

How about,

The moral is:

Control you temper!

Wait.

So you guys are saying it's ok to hit someone but then if immediately you back off, the other guy's not legally allowed to hit you back cuz he's no longer "defending himself?"

:wtf:
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Not OK. The initial strike is assault and illegal.

We are just saying that, from a legal perspective, it's not justifiable self defense to hit him back if he backs off immediately. Legally you are supposed to just call the police and file a complaint for assault in such a case....

Legally...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Wait.

So you guys are saying it's ok to hit someone but then if immediately you back off, the other guy's not legally allowed to hit you back cuz he's no longer "defending himself?"

:wtf:
    So, there is no in between from doing nothing and beating on an unconciousperson?

If somebody elbowed me in the face I'd hit him back... but I wouldn't attempt to murder him.
    Simon McNeil